KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » how do u no when your saved- do u?

how do u no if your saved- do u no
This poll is closed.
yes, i am saved 8 66.67%
no, i am not saved 3 25.00%
i go to church and read the bible 0 0%
i don't no if i'm saved 1 8.33%
Total: 12 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

how do u no when your saved- do u?
Started by: jlee17xoxo412

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jlee17xoxo412

Question how do u no when your saved- do u?

a lot of people ask how do u no when your saved. Does someone tell u, do u just no, how exactly do u no. Let me no wat u think on this.

So guys are the most confusing thing ever on earth

Old Post Sep 10th, 2005 04:48 AM
jlee17xoxo412 is currently offline Click here to Send jlee17xoxo412 a Private Message Find more posts by jlee17xoxo412 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

Well, after the Apocalypse...if you're still around, then you've been saved.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2005 06:49 AM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Atlantis001
The one without a name

People believe in the bible without any reason so easily, then why they need a method to know if they are saved. Just believe in it like they belive in random things.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2005 11:47 AM
Atlantis001 is currently offline Click here to Send Atlantis001 a Private Message Find more posts by Atlantis001 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

Well if you believe in predestination....it doesn't matter if you think your saved....can even life the very best life you can, but if not chosen then you not gonna make it....Predestination is very widely taught in churches...soooo sad.....People always want to know if they've committed the "Unpardonable Sin"....Yet no one can really say what that sin is....

Old Post Sep 13th, 2005 12:05 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Some old guy dunks you under water. laughing

Old Post Sep 13th, 2005 01:58 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Imlistening

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Some old guy dunks you under water. laughing

and says a few words... lol.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2005 10:09 PM
Imlistening is currently offline Click here to Send Imlistening a Private Message Find more posts by Imlistening Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

Drunk guy staggers up because of all the people.....stands in line...Pastor says "you want to find Jesus"....yes, says the drunk....pastor dunks him....Did you find him?....NO! says the drunk...OK says the pastor and dunks him again......Did you find Jesus yet? NO, says the drunk.....Are you sure he's in that lake?

Old Post Sep 13th, 2005 10:22 PM
DreamingWarrior
Knight Errant

Hmm.... after a life of hatred and violence, i came to this. I sat on my comode at 17 years of age and told God He had 2 choices. Either prove to me He is real or I kill myself and see. I had and still have the knife that was pressing on my veins in my wrist, ready to go. I felt like someone was speaking to me, and the (not really a voice, but like one) words were "wait. " so I did. that weekend my friend Brian took me out to a youth retreat with him, and I sat around friday and saturday and most of sunday arrogant and ignoring my heart. Sunday evening, at a church, they did as I had expected an altar call, so I went. I stood there and thought to God, " Here I am, where are YOU?". I stood for a bit and then felt that voice tell me to whisper to God. So I did. A few more minutes went by, and it hit me again. "Speak to God". So I started talking to God, telling Him how dissappointed I was in Him, and laying it all out. Where was He, and why did I have to suffer so much? I went to my knees, and the voice said "Now, scream to me." That was pretty much where my memory blanks out, beyond I remember feeling like this intense pain shooting out of my chest and away, and up through my mouth as I laid back on my heels, screaming. After I stopped screaming and crying, I felt alive, for the first time in my existence. I was vibrant, and full of energy, even though I should have been exhausted. The following days I did a 180 on life, and began living for others, not for myself. Still screw up now and again, but I know now that I have a real Dad in heaven, and that He loves and forgives me. Albeit, He wants me to do my best and be the best I can. Ha... Great guy, God. Good sense of Humor.

Sent from heaven to raise some hell.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2005 11:17 PM
DreamingWarrior is currently offline Click here to Send DreamingWarrior a Private Message Find more posts by DreamingWarrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

Cool for you.......

Old Post Sep 13th, 2005 11:34 PM
jlee17xoxo412

Originally posted by DreamingWarrior
Hmm.... after a life of hatred and violence, i came to this. I sat on my comode at 17 years of age and told God He had 2 choices. Either prove to me He is real or I kill myself and see. I had and still have the knife that was pressing on my veins in my wrist, ready to go. I felt like someone was speaking to me, and the (not really a voice, but like one) words were "wait. " so I did. that weekend my friend Brian took me out to a youth retreat with him, and I sat around friday and saturday and most of sunday arrogant and ignoring my heart. Sunday evening, at a church, they did as I had expected an altar call, so I went. I stood there and thought to God, " Here I am, where are YOU?". I stood for a bit and then felt that voice tell me to whisper to God. So I did. A few more minutes went by, and it hit me again. "Speak to God". So I started talking to God, telling Him how dissappointed I was in Him, and laying it all out. Where was He, and why did I have to suffer so much? I went to my knees, and the voice said "Now, scream to me." That was pretty much where my memory blanks out, beyond I remember feeling like this intense pain shooting out of my chest and away, and up through my mouth as I laid back on my heels, screaming. After I stopped screaming and crying, I felt alive, for the first time in my existence. I was vibrant, and full of energy, even though I should have been exhausted. The following days I did a 180 on life, and began living for others, not for myself. Still screw up now and again, but I know now that I have a real Dad in heaven, and that He loves and forgives me. Albeit, He wants me to do my best and be the best I can. Ha... Great guy, God. Good sense of Humor.
very well said. i remember when i had a feeling like that. a may be young but that dosn't mean anything. i'm still learning alot though so i still make a whole bunch of mistakes. thats ok though, as long as i don't do it on purpose or just to be a smart a**, i know he can forgive

So guys are the most confusing thing ever on earth

Old Post Sep 14th, 2005 12:52 AM
jlee17xoxo412 is currently offline Click here to Send jlee17xoxo412 a Private Message Find more posts by jlee17xoxo412 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

I understand what you have gone through, although I understand it differently than you do. Here is a truth that we can both share, listen to that voice, it is always there, and it knows the correct thing to do in your life at all times. I am a Buddhist and even I have that voice, I have learned how to hear it, it is a still and quiet voice. God is common for all people.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2005 02:13 AM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
occultus

In my opinion, there is no such thing as being "saved". Your sins may have been washed away, DreamingWarrior, but you are not nessecarily "saved". You must be ever vigilant not to fall into old patterns, or the incident when God pulled the evils out of you will have been for nothing.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2005 03:00 AM
occultus is currently offline Click here to Send occultus a Private Message Find more posts by occultus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

Somebody save me
I don't care how you do it
Just stay
Stay
Come on
I've been waiting for you
- Remy Zero

Old Post Sep 14th, 2005 06:53 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

OK....just follow the drunk guy down to the lake...maybe the both of you can find Jesus in that lake....He's down there somewhere.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2005 11:34 AM
DreamingWarrior
Knight Errant

Ok.

Deb, ha! cool for alotta folks. I was a piece of crap before that day. You would never have talked to me here, or irl, if you knew me before then. I scared the christians I knew.

Jlee, Yeah. Just gotta do your best, and let God handle your worst.

Shaky, Ha. yup. hey, I may not agree with the religions out there, but I see it like this: Jesus said go and tell folks about him, not bean 'em with a bible and say they're gonna burn in hell. You respect my beliefs, I will most definitely respect yours. Within reason, of course. (sorry cannibals... laughing out loud )

Occultus, Very true in a sense. I will NOT debate calvinism here, but suffice to say that yes, as a man of God, I do have to watch what I do. Granted I WANT to do His will now, He doesn't force me to. Still a foolish human, and as you may see from my past postings I still need to gain some control over my temper and tongue, but I talk to the Father day and night, and ask for forgiveness when I act silly. And then I ask for the ones wronged to forgive me.

I really enjoy this place. heh. don't have many folks near me to talk to about this stuff.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2005 10:44 PM
DreamingWarrior is currently offline Click here to Send DreamingWarrior a Private Message Find more posts by DreamingWarrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Ok.

Deb, ha! cool for alotta folks. I was a piece of crap before that day. You would never have talked to me here, or irl, if you knew me before then. I scared the christians I knew.

Jlee, Yeah. Just gotta do your best, and let God handle your worst.

Shaky, Ha. yup. hey, I may not agree with the religions out there, but I see it like this: Jesus said go and tell folks about him, not bean 'em with a bible and say they're gonna burn in hell. You respect my beliefs, I will most definitely respect yours. Within reason, of course. (sorry cannibals... laughing out loud )

Occultus, Very true in a sense. I will NOT debate calvinism here, but suffice to say that yes, as a man of God, I do have to watch what I do. Granted I WANT to do His will now, He doesn't force me to. Still a foolish human, and as you may see from my past postings I still need to gain some control over my temper and tongue, but I talk to the Father day and night, and ask for forgiveness when I act silly. And then I ask for the ones wronged to forgive me.

I really enjoy this place. heh. don't have many folks near me to talk to about this stuff.

You know I feel that we have the same God. Just a different view. There are some thing that are the same; I have to be careful of what I do and say, and I listen to God inside of me. big grin

Old Post Sep 14th, 2005 10:51 PM
debbiejo
Dreamer

Well you sound happy now..... smile ....glad something made a good change in you.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2005 10:53 PM
DreamingWarrior
Knight Errant

Originally posted by debbiejo
Well you sound happy now..... smile ....glad something made a good change in you.

Heh, yup wink

Shaky: God is to each person what they see Him as... some of us see Him in a similar light.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2005 11:01 PM
finti

quote:
Shaky: God is to each person what they see Him as... some of us see Him in a similar light.
I see this god as a man created being

Old Post Sep 15th, 2005 06:26 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DreamingWarrior
Knight Errant

Originally posted by finti
I see this god as a man created being

hey, some do. Your right as a human allows for your own opinion.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2005 11:15 PM