KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » -=- What Catholisism Is Like -=-

-=- What Catholisism Is Like -=-
Started by: Acherontia

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Koala MeatPie
Tonk's Husband

-=- What Catholisism Is Like -=-

(please log in to view the image)

Look Closely...

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2005 01:23 AM
Koala MeatPie is currently offline Click here to Send Koala MeatPie a Private Message Find more posts by Koala MeatPie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Re: -=- What Catholisism Is Like -=-

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Acherontia
(please log in to view the image)

Look Closely...

Religions are little children, they will nag you until you do what they want or you go away. big grin

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2005 01:35 AM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

Comes out with lots of kids....Must be that rhythm method thing not working...

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2005 02:16 AM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soleran
Fast As Time

Re: Re: -=- What Catholisism Is Like -=-

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Religions are little children, they will nag you until you do what they want or you go away. big grin

Yup most people with any philosophy catholics in this thread should be excused

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2005 03:59 AM
Soleran is currently offline Click here to Send Soleran a Private Message Find more posts by Soleran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jnr hiphop
Some Guy

Re: Re: -=- What Catholisism Is Like -=-

People like you are like little children...

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2005 05:57 AM
jnr hiphop is currently offline Click here to Send jnr hiphop a Private Message Find more posts by jnr hiphop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RedAlertv2

Actually Shaky seems very mature and intelligent.

How Could Hell Be Any Worse?

Old Post Oct 24th, 2005 10:24 PM
RedAlertv2 is currently offline Click here to Send RedAlertv2 a Private Message Find more posts by RedAlertv2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Echuu
Master Jedi

Re: Re: Re: -=- What Catholisism Is Like -=-

Originally posted by jnr hiphop
People like you are like little children...

Shaky is correct.

"Jesus also thought that non-believers should be stoned"------Alliance

Old Post Oct 25th, 2005 02:22 AM
Echuu is currently offline Click here to Send Echuu a Private Message Find more posts by Echuu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

Then why are the children on their backs.....??????......OH...I looked closer....those aren't children on their backs.....they are now wind up toys.......preprogrammed.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Oct 25th, 2005 11:13 AM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jnr hiphop
Some Guy

Originally posted by RedAlertv2
Actually Shaky seems very mature and intelligent.

He posts one stupid post about religion, saying religions are like little children. And so he seems "very" mature and intelligent... Does his post even make sense? If that seems intelligent, then if I went ahead and said:

"Food is like rocks, you can throw it at people"

Would I be intelligent then? Or mature... To me that post does not make sense, it seems stupid.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2005 04:53 AM
jnr hiphop is currently offline Click here to Send jnr hiphop a Private Message Find more posts by jnr hiphop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jnr hiphop
Some Guy

Re: Re: Re: Re: -=- What Catholisism Is Like -=-

Originally posted by Echuu
Shaky is correct.

... And you're just another ignorant dumbass.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2005 04:53 AM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

He posts one stupid post about religion, saying religions are like little children. And so he seems "very" mature and intelligent... Does his post even make sense? If that seems intelligent, then if I went ahead and said:

"Food is like rocks, you can throw it at people"

Would I be intelligent then? Or mature... To me that post does not make sense, it seems stupid.

So you read one post of mine, and you don't understand. I suggest you ether go and find other posts that I have written about religion (like the other people have done) or you just ask me what do I mean. big grin

You are only 14 and have never been a father. When you have a child, that child will demand all of your time and attention that he/she needs. They will pick the time when you are trying to do something or talking to someone to get that need filled. A religion needs people or it will die. Most religions will ask that you give of your self to that religion. All I was saying was, you can view this need as a controlling thumb on your neck or you can look at it as a need by a religion that is just a little selfish, like a child.

BTW please don’t call people names, it only makes you look childish.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2005 06:05 AM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jnr hiphop
Some Guy

So you read one post of mine, and you don't understand. I suggest you ether go and find other posts that I have written about religion (like the other people have done) or you just ask me what do I mean. big grin

You are only 14 and have never been a father. When you have a child, that child will demand all of your time and attention that he/she needs. They will pick the time when you are trying to do something or talking to someone to get that need filled. A religion needs people or it will die. Most religions will ask that you give of your self to that religion. All I was saying was, you can view this need as a controlling thumb on your neck or you can look at it as a need by a religion that is just a little selfish, like a child.

BTW please don’t call people names, it only makes you look childish.

quote:

Ok... but you did mean what you said... didn't you?

quote:
You are only 14 and have never been a father. When you have a child, that child will demand all of your time and attention that he/she needs. They will pick the time when you are trying to do something or talking to someone to get that need filled.

Well... I don't necessarily have to be a father do I? I've got younger brothers of mine... and I think I know what you mean...

quote:
A religion needs people or it will die. Most religions will ask that you give of your self to that religion.

Well... I really don't think so... For example, when it comes to Christianity, I believe that if there is even a time when there is no one who is a Christian, God himself will pick out some people, like he does in the bible. How are you so sure that it will die out? So... what are you saying? That religions ask you to give yourself to that religion in case it dies out? I'm sure that religions have better reasons for asking people to give themselves to that religion.

quote:
All I was saying was, you can view this need as a controlling thumb on your neck or you can look at it as a need by a religion that is just a little selfish, like a child.

Hmm... Well, what you're saying now is a lot different to the way you tried to say it before... don't you think? I seriously don't think you should think it's my fault that I took this the way you didn't mean it...

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2005 06:29 AM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Ok... but you did mean what you said... didn't you?

Well... I don't necessarily have to be a father do I? I've got younger brothers of mine... and I think I know what you mean...

Well... I really don't think so... For example, when it comes to Christianity, I believe that if there is even a time when there is no one who is a Christian, God himself will pick out some people, like he does in the bible. How are you so sure that it will die out? So... what are you saying? That religions ask you to give yourself to that religion in case it dies out? I'm sure that religions have better reasons for asking people to give themselves to that religion.

Hmm... Well, what you're saying now is a lot different to the way you tried to say it before... don't you think? I seriously don't think you should think it's my fault that I took this the way you didn't mean it...

Communication is a two way street: we can always say something better and we can always try to understand more completely. I am not trying to find blame. All I am trying to do is find another way of saying what I intend.

There is one big difference between our beliefs; I don’t think that Christianity is any truer of a religion than any other. I believe all religions are like facets on a diamond, all looking at the truth and seeing it from their point of view.

Long ago people on the Earth knew nothing about Christianity, mainly because it didn’t exist. There was a time in the past, when the main religions of the known world were different than now. People spent a lot of time and energy on these religions and these religions lived among the people. Now most of these religions are dead and gone. One day Christianity will also fall out of favor and die.

BTW I am Buddhist.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2005 06:49 AM
jnr hiphop
Some Guy

Communication is a two way street: we can always say something better and we can always try to understand more completely. I am not trying to find blame. All I am trying to do is find another way of saying what I intend.

There is one big difference between our beliefs; I don’t think that Christianity is any truer of a religion than any other. I believe all religions are like facets on a diamond, all looking at the truth and seeing it from their point of view.

Long ago people on the Earth knew nothing about Christianity, mainly because it didn’t exist. There was a time in the past, when the main religions of the known world were different than now. People spent a lot of time and energy on these religions and these religions lived among the people. Now most of these religions are dead and gone. One day Christianity will also fall out of favor and die.

BTW I am Buddhist.

quote:

Yes, well you see if the "other way" has such a meaning that can be so different from what it really means, things get complicated.

quote:

Now, that's just your point of view isn't it?

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2005 07:49 AM
debbiejo
Dreamer

Aaaaaaaa....We all go to the same place...we go back to where we came from...

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2005 10:50 AM
Sancty
-

yeah I don't get that...
Do you have memories of things that you haven't done in this life so you know where you have come from?
Or is it like the first place you remember is the first place you are, so you go back there?
Or do you simply assume you are going back to where you come from and not know where that is?

Either way I still don't get it..

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2005 11:15 AM
Sancty is currently offline Click here to Send Sancty a Private Message Find more posts by Sancty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

Originally posted by _Sanctuary_
yeah I don't get that...
Do you have memories of things that you haven't done in this life so you know where you have come from?
Or is it like the first place you remember is the first place you are, so you go back there?
Or do you simply assume you are going back to where you come from and not know where that is?

Either way I still don't get it..

We are basically energy...and so I believe we will return to the source of where we came from.....And since I believe everything is connected at this level, we are all part of each other anyway.....Just like your cells are parts of the "whole" of what you are....we are all parts of what encompasses everything.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2005 11:46 AM
Sancty
-

But where would you go back to?

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2005 05:50 PM
Sancty is currently offline Click here to Send Sancty a Private Message Find more posts by Sancty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote