KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » How many people have died in the name of Religon?

How many people have died in the name of Religon?
Started by: golem370

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
golem370

Shocked How many people have died in the name of Religon?

???

Old Post Dec 16th, 2005 10:40 PM
golem370 is currently offline Click here to Send golem370 a Private Message Find more posts by golem370 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spencerspider
Green Goblin II

I would have to say a good bit.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2005 10:44 PM
spencerspider is currently offline Click here to Send spencerspider a Private Message Find more posts by spencerspider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
golem370

I would say over 1million people.

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Dec 16th, 2005 10:45 PM
golem370 is currently offline Click here to Send golem370 a Private Message Find more posts by golem370 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spencerspider
Green Goblin II

well yea, I mean so many people were persecuted and killed when Rome ruled, and I am sure there are many other times when thousands, and even millions were killed

Old Post Dec 16th, 2005 10:52 PM
spencerspider is currently offline Click here to Send spencerspider a Private Message Find more posts by spencerspider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Echuu
Master Jedi

Many millions of people have died because of religion and people still are dieing because of it unfortunately.

"Jesus also thought that non-believers should be stoned"------Alliance

Old Post Dec 17th, 2005 03:54 AM
Echuu is currently offline Click here to Send Echuu a Private Message Find more posts by Echuu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

Well you say the Crusades, but I think that was also for the land, but besides that probably milliions..wars, wars, wars......It's the you're wrong and we're right, and we must save, or cleanse the land so that we can finially have peace......

War for peace...Hmmm

Old Post Dec 17th, 2005 06:01 AM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Koala MeatPie
Tonk's Husband

How Many People Have Died NI The Name Of Religion?

Hummm... I dunno...

How Many Suicide bombers have there been in Pakistan over the last 10 years?

Old Post Dec 17th, 2005 07:22 AM
Koala MeatPie is currently offline Click here to Send Koala MeatPie a Private Message Find more posts by Koala MeatPie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

One very important person died in the name of religion....

And they just happened to catch it on tape:

http://www.lowcarbcomedy.com/html/v...passionhill.htm

"If you were me, you'd know the safest place to hide...is in sanity!

Old Post Dec 17th, 2005 09:06 AM
Devil King is currently offline Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dagurlhoolived

over 40 million died because of their religion or because of someone else's, anyone who doesnt know that...!

Old Post Dec 21st, 2005 02:37 AM
dagurlhoolived is currently offline Click here to Send dagurlhoolived a Private Message Find more posts by dagurlhoolived Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King of Blades
The King

Re: How many people have died in the name of Religon?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by golem370
???

Countless....

Old Post Dec 21st, 2005 02:40 PM
King of Blades is currently offline Click here to Send King of Blades a Private Message Find more posts by King of Blades Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GhostDance

If the answer is more than one, then that religion is probably not worth getting killed over. I think the Buddists might have the right idea. Don't see many Buds smiting unbelivers (christians) or suicide buds (muslims).

Dying in the name of a fictious character...worthless...
Dying in the name of something worthwhile (freedom, family)...priceless!!

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 06:09 PM
GhostDance is currently offline Click here to Send GhostDance a Private Message Find more posts by GhostDance Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
degrassicoolie
degrassilover

Dieing for religion is kind of couragous but that's when your fighting for it not just putting a bomb on you and pushing a button but I mean like when someone says they'll shoot you if you believe in the Lord like one story heard of this girl now that's couragous to say "jyes I believe in the Lord"

Whatever it takes I know I can make it through

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2005 08:28 PM
degrassicoolie is currently offline Click here to Send degrassicoolie a Private Message Find more posts by degrassicoolie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

Dieing in the name of religion is such a waste. Because if there was some grand ietitiy, it would be way beyond us in thought. For some denomination to pick up the sword would be a god in human clothing....Just isn't that way, in my view........That would be a lesser man made god for sure....One that kills to add to him self.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2005 10:59 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Storm
Black belt BJJ

Although religion plays an important role, so do a variety of cultural, political and historical factors, and all of these must be taken into account.

I am not driven by people’ s praise and I am not slowed down by people’ s criticism.
You only live once. But if you live it right, once is enough. Wrong. We only die once, we live every day!
Make poverty history.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2005 09:37 PM
Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
markie
calgon take me away

???
I can't give an exact number let's just say too many.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2005 12:54 AM
markie is currently offline Click here to Send markie a Private Message Find more posts by markie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

"Man is a Religious Animal. He is the only Religious Animal. He is the only animal that has the True Religion - several of them. He is the only animal that loves his neighbor as himself and cuts his throat if his theology isn't straight. He has made a graveyard of the globe in trying his honest best to smooth his brother's path to happiness and heaven." - Mark Twain

Old Post Dec 27th, 2005 07:43 AM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

OOOOHHHH that Mark Twain hit it right on the nose!

Old Post Dec 27th, 2005 08:45 AM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

15848996655422547785698512546.5 laughing

Old Post Dec 27th, 2005 09:00 AM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

You just let your fingers have fun with your keyboard didn't you?...Oh you forgot to the 5th power.....LOL

Last edited by debbiejo on Dec 27th, 2005 at 09:16 AM

Old Post Dec 27th, 2005 09:11 AM
markie
calgon take me away

???
Throughout history I would guess close to a billion give or take a few million.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2005 07:48 PM
markie is currently offline Click here to Send markie a Private Message Find more posts by markie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote