KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » would you go to heaven if you committed suicide?

would you go to heaven if you committed suicide?
Started by: stop_sign

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
stop_sign

would you go to heaven if you committed suicide?

what do you think...if you believe in heaven and you are "saved" and you commit suicide do you think you would go to heaven or would you be sent to hell.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2006 05:19 AM
stop_sign is currently offline Click here to Send stop_sign a Private Message Find more posts by stop_sign Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

1. wrong thread
2. no

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Jan 28th, 2006 05:50 AM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kon-El
Last Son of the Sith

try the religion forum...

Old Post Jan 28th, 2006 06:19 AM
General Kon-El is currently offline Click here to Send General Kon-El a Private Message Find more posts by General Kon-El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K.Diddy
DiddyWood Style

There is no heaven

Old Post Jan 28th, 2006 07:01 AM
K.Diddy is currently offline Click here to Send K.Diddy a Private Message Find more posts by K.Diddy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

There's no hell either.....

Old Post Jan 28th, 2006 07:06 AM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ladyluck

I personally don't believe in Heaven or Hell, but apparently you go to Hell if you commit suicide. It's the only unforgivable sin.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2006 07:09 AM
Ladyluck is currently offline Click here to Send Ladyluck a Private Message Find more posts by Ladyluck Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K.Diddy
DiddyWood Style

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ladyluck
I personally don't believe in Heaven or Hell, but apparently you go to Hell if you commit suicide. It's the only unforgivable sin.

evil face Burn in hell sucka's

Old Post Jan 28th, 2006 07:37 AM
K.Diddy is currently offline Click here to Send K.Diddy a Private Message Find more posts by K.Diddy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Makedde
Xena: Warrior Princess

Great, so homosexuals go to Heaven. smile

Old Post Jan 28th, 2006 11:35 AM
Makedde is currently offline Click here to Send Makedde a Private Message Find more posts by Makedde Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by Makedde
Great, so homosexuals go to Heaven. smile

Besides there probably no being a heaven they have edvery chance to do so indeed...at least in the Christian Religions

But is it really Or os it just hard to ask for forgiveness after killing yourself?

Originally posted by stop_sign
what do you think...if you believe in heaven and you are "saved" and you commit suicide do you think you would go to heaven or would you be sent to hell.

Anyway, talk to people in the Religion Forum they will be glad to help (tell their Bullshit propaganda (atheists as well as religious people)) you.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2006 11:46 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean
Warum ist die Sonne rund?

Wrong, in my eyes. Murder is pretty much unforgivable.
Originally posted by stop_sign

No. You will NOT go to heaven if you commit suicide. Those who commit suicide are sent to the deepest pits of hell.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2006 01:58 PM
Kelly_Bean is currently offline Click here to Send Kelly_Bean a Private Message Find more posts by Kelly_Bean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
No. You will NOT go to heaven if you commit suicide. Those who commit suicide are sent to the deepest pits of hell
says who? and how can they back up and prove that?

Old Post Jan 28th, 2006 02:01 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean

Originally posted by finti
says who? and how can they back up and prove that?

Says me and my religion.
My belief, and the Catholic-Christian religion have all their minds to back it up. I'm not trying to make anyone believe that, I'm just stating MY own religious beliefs, just like everyone else is with their "God Is Not Real" crap.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2006 02:09 PM
Kelly_Bean is currently offline Click here to Send Kelly_Bean a Private Message Find more posts by Kelly_Bean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

She's got a point, finti.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2006 02:12 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
Says me and my religion.
and your proof`s of it being actual and real are?

quote:
My belief, and the Catholic-Christian religion have all their minds to back it up
yeah well the Nazis thought their belifs to be right too? And they backed it up too, but what does that prove besides that they agreed on their doctrine and so it is with catholics and their doctrine

Old Post Jan 28th, 2006 02:13 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean

Originally posted by finti
and your proof`s of it being actual and real are?

yeah well the Nazis thought their belifs to be right too? And they backed it up too, but what does that prove besides that they agreed on their doctrine and so it is with catholics and their doctrine

Like I said before, our beliefs!
Yes but Nazi's are stupid. They judge someone by their religion, which I am not doing (I'm just giving out my opinion to everyone else, as they are to me), all of my friends at school are Athiests but that does not change anything between us. People have their beliefs, I have my own.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2006 02:15 PM
finti

quote:
Yes but Nazi's are stupid. They judge someone by their religion, which I am not doing
yeah but you aint representative for how the catholic church are and have been, and like the nazi`s catholichs judge people by denominations and religions

Old Post Jan 28th, 2006 02:18 PM
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

The beauty of religion is that it does not require the people who believe in it to give "proof". They get to believe in it because...They want to.

I'm not religious at all. But in Canada (and the US) people have a right to believe what they want. And I respect that.

If someone believes that killing yourself = Hell because thats what they believe. Then thats that. They don't have to prove anything. Its a moral choice that they feel is correct.

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Jan 28th, 2006 02:20 PM
((The_Anomaly)) is currently offline Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
The beauty of religion is that it does not require the people who believe in it to give "proof". They get to believe in it because...They want to
which also makes it flawed

quote:
I'm not religious at all. But in Canada (and the US) people have a right to believe what they want. And I respect that
so do they in the majority of the world today

quote:
If someone believes that killing yourself = Hell because thats what they believe. Then thats that. They don't have to prove anything. Its a moral choice that they feel is correct
problems starts when they tell others about going to hell

Old Post Jan 28th, 2006 02:32 PM
Dawson

In Christian religions, we do believe that heaven and hell exist.
We also believe in two types of sins: venial and mortal. A venial sin is something everyday, lying to your parents, perhaps. You can go to heaven, through purgaroty, if you have venial sins on your soul.

A mortal sin, however, is a more serious sin. Three things must be present for a sin to be considered mortal: 1) It must be a serious matter, 2) You must know that what you're doing is wrong, 3) and You must have full consent to committing the act.

1) Suicide is murder, a very serious matter.
2) By asking on a forum, you obviously know that it's wrong.
3) Once more, by asking about it on a forum, you're showing that you're not being forced into the act, so you have full consent.

Mortal sins are forvigable if one is truly sorry for them, but when you committ suicide you don't have a chance to repent. With an unforgiven mortal sin marking your soul and tearing you away from God, you cannot go to heaven.

That's years of Catholic school talking. If, stop sign, you're Catholic or Christian, there's your answer as the Church has it.

Signatures | Hrm?

Old Post Jan 28th, 2006 02:40 PM
Dawson is currently offline Click here to Send Dawson a Private Message Find more posts by Dawson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

Originally posted by Dawson
In Christian religions, we do believe that heaven and hell exist.
We also believe in two types of sins: venial and mortal. A venial sin is something everyday, lying to your parents, perhaps. You can go to heaven, through purgaroty, if you have venial sins on your soul.

A mortal sin, however, is a more serious sin. Three things must be present for a sin to be considered mortal: 1) It must be a serious matter, 2) You must know that what you're doing is wrong, 3) and You must have full consent to committing the act.

1) Suicide is murder, a very serious matter.
2) By asking on a forum, you obviously know that it's wrong.
3) Once more, by asking about it on a forum, you're showing that you're not being forced into the act, so you have full consent.

Mortal sins are forvigable if one is truly sorry for them, but when you committ suicide you don't have a chance to repent. With an unforgiven mortal sin marking your soul and tearing you away from God, you cannot go to heaven.

That's years of Catholic school talking. If, stop sign, you're Catholic or Christian, there's your answer as the Church has it.
Though sin categories are not mentioned in the bible neither is purgatory. According to scripture sin is just sin. Though there was some influence throughout history with writings such as Dante and famous pictures of the levels of hell.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2006 02:46 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote