KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » a catholic utopia?

a catholic utopia?
Started by: finti

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
finti

a catholic utopia?

Domino Pizza founder Tom Monaghan is investing in a township around the Ave Maria university in Florida. His vision is a town set by stricht catholic moral values.

Sunday times coverage of this .

So any inputs on this idea?

just love the nick they got for Tom Monaghan, "Pizza Pope" brilliantlaughing out loud

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2006 08:23 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
VIDEODROME

They'll serve communion with a variety of dipping sauces.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2006 09:20 AM
VIDEODROME is currently offline Click here to Send VIDEODROME a Private Message Find more posts by VIDEODROME Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wonderer

Just another dirty mark on The Catholics, or The Cholic Cats, as an anagram!

The catholics are so ironic in their sex ethics, banning contraceptives, and banning priestal sex. Are they for or against sex!?

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2006 09:55 AM
Wonderer is currently offline Click here to Send Wonderer a Private Message Find more posts by Wonderer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soleran
Fast As Time

Very interesting I think would be neat to see it but certainly not live there Catholic rules are crazy. LOL upon entering this town there will be a large Vat of kool-aide that you will be required to drink before eneteringsmile

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2006 02:00 PM
Soleran is currently offline Click here to Send Soleran a Private Message Find more posts by Soleran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

Scary, but it could of been far worse, It was almost in Michigan!! eek! I've read that "Mere Christianity", C.S. Lewis book and it didn't have the same affect on me.......I do know that there are other type towns around the country that have their own little "Cut Off" from the world, though this is something really different. I mean this is a whole dogma town....really weird. Though I'm sure Catholics will flock there, good Catholics that is. I don't know, if they want to live that way, I guess let them. I don't have to live there.

Hmmm Pizza Pope is a catchy name.....lol

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2006 04:01 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Could I live there? eek!

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2006 04:04 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

No contraceptives.......Big big families ya know...Be stuck doin the rhythm method...... confused

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2006 04:08 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

quote: (post)
Originally posted by debbiejo
No contraceptives.......Big big families ya know...Be stuck doin the rhythm method...... confused

If it lived there could I have my alter in my house and chant 24 hours a day, through loud speakers. wink

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2006 04:10 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

no, don't think so. roll eyes (sarcastic)

There would be a "Mary" in every yard though.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2006 04:16 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

no, don't think so. roll eyes (sarcastic)

There would be a "Mary" in every yard though.

But it's a free county. eek!

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2006 04:35 PM
debbiejo
Dreamer

Well you can have as many "Mary's" as you want...A Joseph too...

We're still on topic right?.....We're not ruining fintis thread

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2006 04:37 PM
Soleran
Fast As Time

Catholics along with several other religions feel as though they need to repopulate the world so everyone will think like them...............lol I wonder if they can get holybread to make pizza crust so every delicious bite can satisfy the hunger of both body and spirit LOL

Catholic town why not just funny their rules.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2006 05:38 PM
Soleran is currently offline Click here to Send Soleran a Private Message Find more posts by Soleran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

Yeah, it's odd how many religious families are very large families. Even many protestant that I know. And yes, it's for the spreading of their faith. Though I think large families are cool/fun especially around the holidays.....bunny bunny bunny bunny bunny bunny

And well, Canada as "French Land"....We all make fun of them...

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2006 06:12 PM
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

The Catholics beleive Jesus was/is God even though he prayed to God, is known as the son of GOD, and said such things as "father why have you forsaken me"

Catholics removed Gods name (jahweh/Jehovah) from the Bible because they considered it too holy, and what about "the lords prayer" "hallowed by thy name".

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2006 08:20 PM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote