KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Evolution. Natures greatest science.

Evolution. Natures greatest science.
Started by: xyz revolution

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Smile Evolution. Natures greatest science.

Seeing as no-one visits that "prove evolution" thread anymore, I decided to quote this and post it in a new thread. Asta la vista.
quote: (post)
Originally posted by xyz revolution
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/evolution/e...ds/svideos.html

a whole volume of evolution facts. wink

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Mar 24th, 2006 06:11 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

The fact of the matter is, no matter what you post/link to, people are gonna believe what they wanna believe. It is the rare kind of individual who is ready to accept Truth, no matter where it may lead him/her.

Compounding the above is, most people consider themselves that rare kind of individual.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2006 06:19 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Mindship
The fact of the matter is, no matter what you post/link to, people are gonna believe what they wanna believe. It is the rare kind of individual who is ready to accept Truth, no matter where it may lead him/her.

Compounding the above is, most people consider themselves that rare kind of individual.

The best approach is to understand their belief and then ask questions until they just walk away. This may seem futile at first, but every time a person is exposed to the edges of their beliefs, they get a better picture of themselves. After all, you can’t change anyone, only they can change themselves. The harder that a person fights against compelling truth, the more the conflict takes place in their mind. This may lead to the person changing their mind some time down the road. However, do not attach yourself to their change, for that will only lead to suffering.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2006 06:29 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

whether they believe it or not, I'm proving evolution as science.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2006 06:58 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

I don't know, though once people start looking at some facts, you just got to see some truths, but still there are things that go beyond our understanding.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2006 07:07 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

You don't convince people with links or parroting another's words; you can only even attempt to make an effort by providing an argumentive stance that they can see and make sense of. You must be able to point out where their stance is faulty, and why; not just bash it into submission with personal prejudice. You have to provide as much proof as you can muster for your own argument, and never lose sight of the big picture. It's easy to get caught up in rebutting little points, but that can escalate into back and forths and disagreements on small points that pale in comparison to the big issue.

Now, that having been said, that link proves nothing. I am a supporter of evolution, and I have no motivation to click that link. You want to entertain me, provide a post filled with information and not just blatant religion bashing and science parading.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2006 09:43 PM
Janus Marius is currently offline Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
The best approach is to understand their belief and then ask questions until they just walk away. This may seem futile at first, but every time a person is exposed to the edges of their beliefs, they get a better picture of themselves. After all, you can’t change anyone, only they can change themselves. The harder that a person fights against compelling truth, the more the conflict takes place in their mind. This may lead to the person changing their mind some time down the road. However, do not attach yourself to their change, for that will only lead to suffering.

"...to the edges of their beliefs..."

nice phrase

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2006 09:58 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Wesker
You don't convince people with links or parroting another's words; you can only even attempt to make an effort by providing an argumentive stance that they can see and make sense of. You must be able to point out where their stance is faulty, and why; not just bash it into submission with personal prejudice. You have to provide as much proof as you can muster for your own argument, and never lose sight of the big picture. It's easy to get caught up in rebutting little points, but that can escalate into back and forths and disagreements on small points that pale in comparison to the big issue.

Now, that having been said, that link proves nothing. I am a supporter of evolution, and I have no motivation to click that link. You want to entertain me, provide a post filled with information and not just blatant religion bashing and science parading.
ermm, I'm proving evolution.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2006 09:59 PM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Yeah, with a link? Show us how well you understand the concept. Paraphrase the points, educate us in your level of understanding and comprehension, or don't bother. Anyone can post links or use one-liners; show us the depth of your conviction and argue successfully.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2006 10:02 PM
Janus Marius is currently offline Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

ermm, I'm proving evolution.

Exactly how many threads are you gonna make on the subject of evolution? You do know that eventually they'll be merged....

Old Post Mar 24th, 2006 10:17 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Exactly how many threads are you gonna make on the subject of evolution? You do know that eventually they'll be merged....

That is a good question. When he started this thread I was going to post my dead horse photo, but it's at home. sad

Old Post Mar 24th, 2006 10:31 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Mar 24th, 2006 10:34 PM
Punker69

Re: Evolution. Natures greatest science.

Seeing as no-one visits that "prove evolution" thread anymore, I decided to quote this and post it in a new thread. Asta la vista.

Ever heard of a bump?

Old Post Mar 24th, 2006 11:30 PM
Punker69 is currently offline Click here to Send Punker69 a Private Message Find more posts by Punker69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hit_and_Miss
I wonder....

Thats a nice pic wesker... But I think this one is slightly better...

By Barker
"There can be only none..."

Old Post Mar 24th, 2006 11:38 PM
Hit_and_Miss is currently offline Click here to Send Hit_and_Miss a Private Message Find more posts by Hit_and_Miss Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

It didn't show. Host it. www.imageshack.us

Old Post Mar 24th, 2006 11:39 PM
Hit_and_Miss
I wonder....

Shows for me! Guess if you view the original.... Oh well... Here it is again!

By Barker
"There can be only none..."

Old Post Mar 25th, 2006 12:05 AM
Hit_and_Miss is currently offline Click here to Send Hit_and_Miss a Private Message Find more posts by Hit_and_Miss Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

That picture is cool. When I get home I'll have to nab that one.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2006 12:26 AM
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

did anyone look at the link?

Old Post Mar 25th, 2006 10:05 AM
lil bitchiness
-

Do not start multiple threads please, just because the original thread is not popular.

Use the index I have provided for you, or use the search function, as your thread creating on the same topic clogs this forum.

Closing.

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Mar 25th, 2006 06:35 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote