KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Are you not believing or not receiving?

Are you not believing or not receiving?
Started by: Justbyfaith

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Justbyfaith
CONTENDER OF THE FAITH

Worried Are you not believing or not receiving?

I am convinced that those who say they don't believe in God, simply refuse to receive Him. The scriptures below validate this statement:

"For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them."

Romans 1:18-19suppress the truth what may be known of God is manifest in them

MATTHEW 9:36

Old Post Jun 15th, 2006 06:59 PM
Justbyfaith is currently offline Click here to Send Justbyfaith a Private Message Find more posts by Justbyfaith Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Regret
One Among Many

Re: Are you not believing or not receiving?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Justbyfaith
I am convinced that those who say they don't believe in God, simply refuse to receive Him.[/U]

Yes, this is absolutely true. You do not believe that atheism is correct. Are you refusing to receive it? I would say yes. Does this impact the truthfulness of either side of the debate? No, they are dependant on personal belief.

I believe in God. But when interacting with people that do not, I attempt to look at the issue from their side as well.

Robbin' from the rich to give to themselves

Old Post Jun 15th, 2006 07:04 PM
Regret is currently offline Click here to Send Regret a Private Message Find more posts by Regret Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

I am convinced that those who say they don't believe in God, simply refuse to receive Him. The scriptures below validate this statement:

"For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them."

If god is a "Him" then this god is limited.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2006 07:07 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Storm
Black belt BJJ

Can' t you bear the thought of others holding different beliefs?

I am not driven by people’ s praise and I am not slowed down by people’ s criticism.
You only live once. But if you live it right, once is enough. Wrong. We only die once, we live every day!
Make poverty history.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2006 07:17 PM
Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Templares
Sleep Deprived

Yep. I refuse to believe on something that doesnt exist. You cant receive anything from something that doesnt exist.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2006 07:25 PM
Templares is currently offline Click here to Send Templares a Private Message Find more posts by Templares Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Justbyfaith
CONTENDER OF THE FAITH

Re: Re: Are you not believing or not receiving?

Originally posted by Storm
Can' t you bear the thought of others holding different beliefs?

Hi Storm,

I held many different beliefs before. I have no problem with people who have different beliefs. The point of this thread is to show that God has revealed Himself and in His love for us He has given us the ability to have the freedom to choose to not accept Him. He has done this so that we can't say "I never had an opportunity to know Him". He did not make us robots. It's as simple as that.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2006 07:29 PM
Justbyfaith is currently offline Click here to Send Justbyfaith a Private Message Find more posts by Justbyfaith Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Re: Re: Re: Are you not believing or not receiving?

Hi Storm,

I held many different beliefs before. I have no problem with people who have different beliefs. The point of this thread is to show that God has revealed Himself and in His love for us He has given us the ability to have the freedom to choose to not accept Him. He has done this so that we can't say "I never had an opportunity to know Him". He did not make us robots. It's as simple as that.

But what about those people who believe that God is within each of us and that you cannot be separated from God, because we are part of God? Your idea of a choice, to people like me, is silly. I am not rejecting anything, there is nothing to be saved from.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2006 07:34 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Regret
One Among Many

I don't think I understand the point to this thread.

Is it just saying if you don't believe in God you are going to hell because you had the choice whether or not to believe?

Robbin' from the rich to give to themselves

Old Post Jun 15th, 2006 07:35 PM
Regret is currently offline Click here to Send Regret a Private Message Find more posts by Regret Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Regret

Is it just saying if you don't believe in God you are going to hell because you had the choice whether or not to believe?

I think you got it. Not a friendly thread.

If I said to you "be my friend and I'll be good to you, but if you choose not to be my friend, I will hurt you forever", would you want to be my friend?

Old Post Jun 15th, 2006 07:37 PM
Null

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
I think you got it. Not a friendly thread.

If I said to you "be my friend and I'll be good to you, but if you choose not to be my friend, I will hurt you forever", would you want to be my friend?
Yes eek! but in fear evil face

Old Post Jun 15th, 2006 07:39 PM
Null is currently offline Find more posts by Null Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Justbyfaith
CONTENDER OF THE FAITH

Re: Re: Re: Re: Are you not believing or not receiving?

But what about those people who believe that God is within each of us and that you cannot be separated from God, because we are part of God? Your idea of a choice, to people like me, is silly. I am not rejecting anything, there is nothing to be saved from.

Shakeyamunison,

This is not my idea. I just showed you what the bible says.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2006 07:41 PM
Null

Free will= Follow jesus or burn forever in hell with no cookies laughing

Old Post Jun 15th, 2006 07:43 PM
Null is currently offline Find more posts by Null Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Are you not believing or not receiving?

Shakeyamunison,

Maybe the bible is wrong. wink

Justbyfaith
CONTENDER OF THE FAITH

Originally posted by Regret

The verse I think says that God will someday punish sin in this world. I think the verse says that people, "suppress the truth" of God in thier own hearts. I am sure we all (including myself) will be accountable for what we do or don't do with Him because he has made Himself known to us.

Storm
Black belt BJJ

Hence his username, just by faith.

I am not driven by people’ s praise and I am not slowed down by people’ s criticism.
You only live once. But if you live it right, once is enough. Wrong. We only die once, we live every day!
Make poverty history.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2006 07:45 PM
Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Justbyfaith
CONTENDER OF THE FAITH

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Are you not believing or not receiving?

Maybe the bible is wrong. wink

Well, like I said on previous threads Shaky. Do a very in depth investigation and see if it's so for yourself. Don't listen to me. Check it out on your own.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2006 07:45 PM
Null

Hence his username, just by faith.
Does storm believe in the devil eek!

Old Post Jun 15th, 2006 07:46 PM
Storm
Black belt BJJ

No, I don' t believe in a literal anthropomorphic deity.

Make poverty history.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2006 07:48 PM
Null

No, I don' t believe in a literal anthropomorphic deity.
Not when you say it like that

Old Post Jun 15th, 2006 07:49 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Are you not believing or not receiving?

Well, like I said on previous threads Shaky. Do a very in depth investigation and see if it's so for yourself. Don't listen to me. Check it out on your own.

I don't need anything from the bible. I have no questions that I haven't found the answer to, in the bible.

I have found a better religion for me, then Christianity. It my be right for you, and I am glad if it is, but it only means suffering to me. I now seek my trues from the Lotus sutra. cool

Old Post Jun 15th, 2006 07:49 PM