KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Forgiveness

Forgiveness
Started by: Funkadelic

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Funkadelic

Hell.

So the priest in the church always told me when I was A kid, I was forced 2 go to the church by my school but anyway, that's not my point.

They always said that God will forgive thy sins 70x70 times then my question is, why does hell exist then?

If God forgives everybody like the priest said then he should forgive them instead of punishing them.

Another contradiction in the bible.

(I'm atheist btw., cuz I feel embarrassed even writing this.)

It's an image worth pondering for a moment. Maybe, when you cut past the instrumental and songwriting virtuosity, the funny voices and characters, what is left is a man alone in his recording studio for days at a time.

Last edited by Funkadelic on Apr 7th, 2006 at 04:42 PM

Old Post Apr 7th, 2006 04:40 PM
Funkadelic is currently offline Click here to Send Funkadelic a Private Message Find more posts by Funkadelic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Storm
Black belt BJJ

It' s 7 x 70 times wink

"Peter came to Jesus and asked, 'Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother when he sins against me? Up to seven times?' Jesus answered, 'I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times (or seventy times seven).'" (Matthew 18:21-22)

I am not driven by people’ s praise and I am not slowed down by people’ s criticism.
You only live once. But if you live it right, once is enough. Wrong. We only die once, we live every day!
Make poverty history.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2006 04:53 PM
Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Damn, so there's a limit? If I said "God damn" seventy six times, I'd be on his last good grace!

Old Post Apr 7th, 2006 04:55 PM
Janus Marius is currently offline Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Storm
Black belt BJJ

The numbers Jesus used were symbolic of infinity. We must forgive unconditionally and infinitely.

I am not driven by people’ s praise and I am not slowed down by people’ s criticism.
You only live once. But if you live it right, once is enough. Wrong. We only die once, we live every day!
Make poverty history.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2006 05:02 PM
Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Naturally. But then there's literal people out there who are on that last good grace and developing ulcers.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2006 05:03 PM
Janus Marius is currently offline Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soleran
Fast As Time

Hell was made by God for all those Heathens that were born before Christ's salvation!

Seriously I wonder if cavemen like fire now biotch.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2006 05:44 PM
Soleran is currently offline Click here to Send Soleran a Private Message Find more posts by Soleran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Storm
It' s 7 x 70 times wink

"Peter came to Jesus and asked, 'Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother when he sins against me? Up to seven times?' Jesus answered, 'I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times (or seventy times seven).'" (Matthew 18:21-22)

Damn, the Bible doesn't know math!

77 isnt even close to 490!

Old Post Apr 7th, 2006 05:59 PM
Mr. Sandman is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Sandman a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Arachnoidfreak
Damn, the Bible doesn't know math!

77 isnt even close to 490!

What? Did you think Jesus could do calculus? He was the son of god, not a mathematician. laughing jk

Old Post Apr 7th, 2006 06:04 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

Makes you wonder if grunting cavemen even knew what hell was........

Old Post Apr 7th, 2006 07:10 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shaber
schizoid

The original poster has rather missed the point of the little sermon! He is clearly not the brightest.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2006 08:17 PM
shaber is currently offline Click here to Send shaber a Private Message Find more posts by shaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Funkadelic

How dare U.
I'm just showing a contradiction in the bible.

It's an image worth pondering for a moment. Maybe, when you cut past the instrumental and songwriting virtuosity, the funny voices and characters, what is left is a man alone in his recording studio for days at a time.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2006 06:39 AM
Funkadelic is currently offline Click here to Send Funkadelic a Private Message Find more posts by Funkadelic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

If were not careful the big angry god will eat us when we die.eek!

As Storm says it's 70 X 7.

quote:
Hell was made by God for all those Heathens that were born before Christ's salvation!
Yep, and according to different beliefs Jesus went and preached to them in hell to get them out, though if you read through some Gnostic's they were all having some conversations down there when they woke up in the darkness. Something like "Hey, who are you?...Wow, you're Adam, oh I've heard of you.".....Honestly...

Old Post Apr 9th, 2006 12:49 AM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LatinoStallion
Perfection

Worried Limitted Forgiveness ?

So for the Three mainstream Monotheistic Religions, Christianity, Judaism, and Islam is there truly a Time Limit on your ability to be Forgiven ?

There was an amazing quote I found in some novel stating, "If to Forgive was Divine, then there would be No Hell"

If you are truly Sorry In Hell, will God eventually forgive you ? Or will he forever scorn you ?

Old Post Dec 26th, 2006 03:02 AM
LatinoStallion is currently offline Click here to Send LatinoStallion a Private Message Find more posts by LatinoStallion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Good job Lord Urizen. Finally a good thread from you. thumb up

There is no such thing as hell, so has god already forgiven us?

Old Post Dec 26th, 2006 06:13 AM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
muslimscholar

according to islam a muslim with the smallest faith will go to heaven but first will be punished those who are not muslim will stay in hell forever

Old Post Dec 26th, 2006 12:42 PM
muslimscholar is currently offline Click here to Send muslimscholar a Private Message Find more posts by muslimscholar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Originally posted by muslimscholar
according to islam a muslim with the smallest faith will go to heaven but first will be punished those who are not muslim will stay in hell forever

in that case I really hope I go to hell

beinging in heaven with a bunch of people who hate me sounds like it would suck

wait a second don't muslims repect the christian and jewish scriptures too?
If so then we atleast get to come out for a while and wreak haovk on earth.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2006 05:08 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LatinoStallion
Perfection

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Good job Lord Urizen. Finally a good thread from you. thumb up

There is no such thing as hell, so has god already forgiven us?

Nonsense...all my threads are good stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 26th, 2006 06:44 PM
LatinoStallion is currently offline Click here to Send LatinoStallion a Private Message Find more posts by LatinoStallion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fatima
Bissmillah

After death there is no forgiveness..If you wanna say sorry for god say it now big grin

Old Post Dec 26th, 2006 07:38 PM
Fatima is currently offline Click here to Send Fatima a Private Message Find more posts by Fatima Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

^^ With god all things are possible right, then why is this not possible?

Old Post Dec 26th, 2006 07:50 PM
Fatima
Bissmillah

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
in that case I really hope I go to hell

beinging in heaven with a bunch of people who hate me sounds like it would suck

wait a second don't muslims repect the christian and jewish scriptures too?
If so then we atleast get to come out for a while and wreak haovk on earth.

I read in the Quran that people who belive in god and judement day will go to heaven ..christians and jews too .. smile

Old Post Dec 27th, 2006 06:23 AM
Fatima is currently offline Click here to Send Fatima a Private Message Find more posts by Fatima Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote