KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Sweet chocolate Jesus!

Sweet chocolate Jesus!
Started by: ragesRemorse

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jinXed by JaNx

Shocked Sweet chocolate Jesus!

Well apparently someone decided it would be a good idea to sculpt a life size jesus with a life size dong. Not sure what the big deal is, the sculpture doesnt even look that good.

what do you think, did this guy embark on this venture soley for shock value or an actual art project to be enjoyed? MYself as a Catholic fail to see the offensivness in this, maybe its cause im a progressive catholic, but what ever.

A few years back an artist made a life size cross and urinated on it. Now that i can see being nothing but offensive and pittifull

http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/articl...mp;in_page_id=2

Old Post Mar 30th, 2007 10:47 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

SWEET CHOCOLATE JESUS!

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2007 11:33 AM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

I think genitals look a bit much. I'd totally eat Jesus, but not if he's nakkid. teehee!

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Mar 30th, 2007 11:35 AM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Re: Sweet chocolate Jesus!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ragesRemorse

A few years back an artist made a life size cross and urinated on it. Now that i can see being nothing but offensive and pittifull

I totally agree.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2007 11:46 AM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

[B]

are you referring to Serrano's "Piss Christ"?

Old Post Mar 30th, 2007 11:51 AM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Re: Re: Sweet chocolate Jesus!

Originally posted by inamilist
are you referring to Serrano's "Piss Christ"?

Not sure, just remember that a man, had constructed a duplicate style of cross that Christ was said to be crucified on, and pissed all over it. this to me offers nothing artistic.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2007 12:59 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by lil bitchiness
I think genitals look a bit much. I'd totally eat Jesus, but not if he's nakkid. teehee!

I never ate jesus candies at easter time. It always felt so wrong to me to eat Jesus. Funny how we can magnify such trivial things into grand emotional morals when we are kids laughing out loud

I'l eat the shit out of a chocolate jesus today, as long as it's good chocolate. Most Easter candy taste like wax to me though sick

Old Post Mar 30th, 2007 01:02 PM
TRH
Grand Poobah

*stares into space*

Sig By pittman

Old Post Mar 30th, 2007 01:27 PM
TRH is currently offline Click here to Send TRH a Private Message Find more posts by TRH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Well apparently someone decided it would be a good idea to sculpt a life size jesus with a life size dong. Not sure what the big deal is, the sculpture doesnt even look that good.

what do you think, did this guy embark on this venture soley for shock value or an actual art project to be enjoyed? MYself as a Catholic fail to see the offensivness in this, maybe its cause im a progressive catholic, but what ever.

http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/articl...mp;in_page_id=2

In the art world, the best thing, from the view of an artist, is for people to love your art work. However, people liking your art is not the second best thing. The second best thing is for people to hate or be offended at your art work. No one writes articles about mediocre art.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2007 03:32 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lol, you said sweet chocolate Jesus, and Jesus is black.

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Mar 30th, 2007 03:45 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

Re: Re: Re: Sweet chocolate Jesus!

Not sure, just remember that a man, had constructed a duplicate style of cross that Christ was said to be crucified on, and pissed all over it. this to me offers nothing artistic.

ah

Piss Christ was a photograph Serrano took of a small crucifix submerged in a bottle of his own urine. He was awarded 10 000 dollars from a federal grant to the arts because it is such an amazing picture.

LOL, turns out that he, Robert Mapplethorpe and this lesbian stage performance almost had all federal arts funding cut in America...

But man do I love transgressive art. If art is about invoking emotions, then something that makes you upset is clearly fantastic art.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2007 03:46 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

laughing out loud The sculpture is actually very nice. Great textures.

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Mar 30th, 2007 03:51 PM
Ordo is currently offline Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Re: Re: Sweet chocolate Jesus!

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
. The second best thing is for people to hate or be offended at your art work. No one writes articles about mediocre art.

but is creating something with premeditated knowledge, have any artistic integrity? Knowing that what you are going to create is going to offend somebody and that is your sole intention is not something i consider art. I understand what you are saying and agree with it. However, art should be a natural action, not a forced motive. Anyone can create something that will offend the morals of another, but only few can create something that challenges the person to accept what they are viewing.

Knowing that you are gay and making a sign saying fa.gs are below humanity right above monkey's, and adding a peace sign on the bottom and calling it art does not make it art.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2007 04:15 PM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Woah. THats a little extreme.

Art has a long tradition of making political statements. So you're simply dead wrong there.

Can you pleas explain how a chocolate jesus offends someone's morality.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2007 04:16 PM
Ordo is currently offline Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Re: Re: Re: Re: Sweet chocolate Jesus!

Originally posted by inamilist
ah

Piss Christ was a photograph Serrano took of a small crucifix submerged in a bottle of his own urine. He was awarded 10 000 dollars from a federal grant to the arts because it is such an amazing picture.

LOL, turns out that he, Robert Mapplethorpe and this lesbian stage performance almost had all federal arts funding cut in America...

But man do I love transgressive art. If art is about invoking emotions, then something that makes you upset is clearly fantastic art.

wow, i had never heard of that. That just seems pathetic to me

Old Post Mar 30th, 2007 04:17 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Re: Re: Re: Sweet chocolate Jesus!

but is creating something with premeditated knowledge, have any artistic integrity? Knowing that what you are going to create is going to offend somebody and that is your sole intention is not something i consider art. I understand what you are saying and agree with it. However, art should be a natural action, not a forced motive. Anyone can create something that will offend the morals of another, but only few can create something that challenges the person accept what they are viewing.

Knowing that you are gay and making a sign saying fa.gs are below humanity right above monkey's, and adding a peace sign on the bottom and calling it art does not make it art.

I basically agree, but I have a fine arts degree, and what they teach in collage is not the craft, but the way to think. This teaching of a young artiest how to use icons to manipulate the viewer has it's dark side.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2007 04:19 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Have you guys even read an artists' statement or anything? Before we jump to conclusions about how this is "only intended to offend."

The sculpture is clearly artisitic.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2007 04:24 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Alliance
Have you guys even read an artists' statement or anything? Before we jump to conclusions about how this is "only intended to offend."

The sculpture is clearly artisitic.

I agree, this sculpture is not that offensive. I was responding about the art work out there that is intended to offend and why.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2007 04:28 PM
tsilamini

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Sweet chocolate Jesus!

wow, i had never heard of that. That just seems pathetic to me

ya, people are really touchy

he did a series of really beautiful head shots of Klan members as a series, and a man god so offended during the exhibit that he took one of the pictures off the wall and smashed it.

However, reading what you up above :/

1) If all you think transgressive art is just about offending people, you are wrong. For instance, Serrano is a gay catholic ethnic minority. So why would he do Piss christ and the Klan?

Piss Christ is his way of un-deifying Jesus. The statement is that, as a man, Jesus would have peed and all those other things. Pathetic eh?

The Klan pictures are about beauty and hate.

2) You really seem interested in painting art into a very small corner of acceptable expression. Saying what can or can't be art is ridiculous. There is taste, but you cannot objectively define where the line of art ends.

3) Sometimes I like to make art. Any picture that I have put a great deal of cognitive effort into ends up looking crappy. When I just let myself express, it looks very beautiful. Normally highly abstract, but really nice. This may just be an extension of point 2, but you cannot define "art" in any way, even with premeditated meaning.

Art can be accidental. I would also believe that it is not necessary for there to be a creator of art, as to me art is defined by the observer, however that would be a more contentious point I am sure.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2007 04:32 PM
LatinoStallion
Perfection

Originally posted by lil bitchiness

Jesus is DELICIOUS ! I'd EAT HIM OUT ! CHOCALATE OR FLESH !!!

Old Post Mar 30th, 2007 04:36 PM
LatinoStallion is currently offline Click here to Send LatinoStallion a Private Message Find more posts by LatinoStallion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote