KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » why did god create ANYTHING outside his own existance{universe, heaven, hell}at ALL?

why did god create ANYTHING outside his own existance{universe, heaven, hell}at ALL?
Started by: leonheartmm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
leonheartmm

why did god create ANYTHING outside his own existance{universe, heaven, hell}at ALL?

this is i think a very serious question. why would ANY1 create anything. it cannot be without some sort of inclination. or reason. nothing is done without either DESIRE or NECESSITY. since the omnipotent god has NEITHER desire nor necessity{as he is complete in himself and neither WANTS, nor NEEDS anything outside his ownself. otherwise hed stop being omnipotent} why would he create ANYTHING other than himself. why would indeed he me MOTIVATED to do anything at ALL???? and for those who believe that the world is part of god, we can atleast agree that our CONCIOUSNESS as it is is not completely the SAME as god so the argument still remains.

what motivated him to do so?

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2007 06:24 PM
leonheartmm is currently offline Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

He was bored.

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2007 06:27 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Here' s a better question, why do people keep using the Bible as the only view point for religion?

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2007 06:31 PM
Classic NES is currently offline Click here to Send Classic NES a Private Message Find more posts by Classic NES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonheartmm

its not just the bible. its islam, judaism, hinduism, zoarastrianism. and their scriptures.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2007 06:35 PM
leonheartmm is currently offline Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by leonheartmm
its not just the bible. its islam, judaism, hinduism, zoarastrianism. and their scriptures.

Judaism is based on the bible, and Islam is another variation of the same religion. They all have their roots in Atonism.

Hinduism is not monotheistic, and is nothing like those religions you named. I don't even see how hindusim relates to this tpic when your speaking of a monotheistic concept of GOD in this thread.

Last edited by Classic NES on Jul 2nd, 2007 at 06:40 PM

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2007 06:37 PM
Classic NES is currently offline Click here to Send Classic NES a Private Message Find more posts by Classic NES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonheartmm

islam takes things from christianity and judaism but is different from both. it is strictly monotheistic. judaism is monotheistic but worships a different god and people/had different predictions about the future/and the divine . christianity{what THEY BELIEVE IN SPITE OF THE SCRIPTURES} BELIEVE IN A TRIUNE GOD AND wholly other things than the first two, jesus n all. in vedic hinsuism, there is no pamtheonism and a monotheistic god is present as brahma/baghwan who is repeatedly said to have no images and no others. zoarastrianism again.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2007 06:49 PM
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

islam takes things from christianity and judaism but is different from both. it is strictly monotheistic. judaism is monotheistic but worships a different god and people/had different predictions about the future/and the divine . christianity{what THEY BELIEVE IN SPITE OF THE SCRIPTURES} BELIEVE IN A TRIUNE GOD AND wholly other things than the first two, jesus n all. in vedic hinsuism, there is no pamtheonism and a monotheistic god is present as brahma/baghwan who is repeatedly said to have no images and no others. zoarastrianism again.

Islam is as different as Christianity as Christianity is different from judaism. It's an Abrahamic religion as many of the mainstream religions.

As for hindusim, I know many hindu's who worship many different diety's. I know someone who worships hanuman and I know someoone who worships Kali. The religion has many GODs, and Brahma is the least worship god in mordern Hinduism.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2007 06:55 PM
leonheartmm

i dont deny that, but as far as scriptural authorities go, authentically, the vedas tell people to worship only one god who has no images. i was commenting on the relegion and not the folowers.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2007 07:15 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

There is no point of creation.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2007 07:18 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

i dont deny that, but as far as scriptural authorities go, authentically, the vedas tell people to worship only one god who has no images. i was commenting on the relegion and not the folowers.

Religion is subjected to it's followers, Himduism has a plethora of beliefs not one.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2007 07:22 PM
LatinoStallion
Perfection

I think only an imcomplete, imperfect, and lonely being would be motivated to create something other than itself.

If something is perfect and complete, it will not need or want another apart from itself, since it already embodies everything.

I could be wrong, but that's how I see it.

Now, others may say the motivation of this being to create another is love...the desire to care for something other than itself. This may be a very Christian, Jewish, or Muslim way of thinking.

However, the concept of Hell throws that idea off. If Love was truly the motivator of creation, then why would this being aim to punish something it created ? Why would it want its creation to suffer simply for disobeying it if love was the motive ?

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2007 07:23 PM
LatinoStallion is currently offline Click here to Send LatinoStallion a Private Message Find more posts by LatinoStallion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: why did god create ANYTHING outside his own existance{universe, heaven, hell}at ALL?

this is i think a very serious question. why would ANY1 create anything. it cannot be without some sort of inclination. or reason. nothing is done without either DESIRE or NECESSITY. since the omnipotent god has NEITHER desire nor necessity{as he is complete in himself and neither WANTS, nor NEEDS anything outside his ownself. otherwise hed stop being omnipotent} why would he create ANYTHING other than himself. why would indeed he me MOTIVATED to do anything at ALL???? and for those who believe that the world is part of god, we can atleast agree that our CONCIOUSNESS as it is is not completely the SAME as god so the argument still remains.

Here's a better question, why do you ask a question we can't possibly answer?

PYRON WOULD WIPE THE FLOOR WITH STORM LULZ!

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2007 07:31 PM
Violent2Dope is currently offline Click here to Send Violent2Dope a Private Message Find more posts by Violent2Dope Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonheartmm

Originally posted by Goddess Kali
I think only an imcomplete, imperfect, and lonely being would be motivated to create something other than itself.

If something is perfect and complete, it will not need or want another apart from itself, since it already embodies everything.

Now, others may say the motivation of this being to create another is love...the desire to care for something other than itself. This may be a very Christian, Jewish, or Muslim way of thinking.

However, the concept of Hell throws that idea off. If Love was truly the motivator of creation, then why would this being aim to punish something it created ? Why would it want its creation to suffer simply for disobeying it if love was the motive ?

actually no, none of those relegions give an explanation. and but u also said it. the DESIRE to create sumthing other than itself. when sumthing has DESIRE, that means it lacks sumthing. a complete being can technically never feal DESIRE.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2007 07:50 PM
Crimson Phoenix
Lord of the World...kinda

Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
As for hindusim, I know many hindu's who worship many different diety's. I know someone who worships hanuman and I know someoone who worships Kali. The religion has many GODs, and Brahma is the least worship god in mordern Hinduism.

Hindu's actually Believe in one supreme God- Brahman (not to be confused with Brahma). All the other Gods, including the ones you stated are manifestations of that supreme God.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2007 08:26 PM
Crimson Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Crimson Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Crimson Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Crimson Phoenix

Originally posted by Goddess Kali

Tis a very good point

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2007 08:26 PM
Crimson Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Crimson Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Crimson Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Originally posted by Crimson Phoenix
Hindu's actually Believe in one supreme God- Brahman (not to be confused with Brahma). All the other Gods, including the ones you stated are manifestations of that supreme God.

Brahman is a transcendent reality more so than a diety.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2007 08:31 PM
Quiero Mota

Re: why did god create ANYTHING outside his own existance{universe, heaven, hell}at ALL?

"Well, since I'm all-poweful and can materalize anything I desire..."

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2007 08:33 PM
Quiero Mota is currently offline Click here to Send Quiero Mota a Private Message Find more posts by Quiero Mota Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Crimson Phoenix

Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
Brahman is a transcendent reality more so than a diety.

Brahman is still considered the one supreme God. All the other Gods like Kali, Shiva etc, are manifestations of Brahman. But you're right about hinduism having a plethora of beleifs

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2007 08:36 PM
Quiero Mota

Hinduism completely confuses me...

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2007 08:38 PM
Quiero Mota is currently offline Click here to Send Quiero Mota a Private Message Find more posts by Quiero Mota Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LatinoStallion
Perfection

Tis a very good point

big grin Thanks\

"Well, since I'm all-poweful and can materalize anything I desire..."

"True, but since I am complete and perfect, why do I desire anything?"

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2007 08:38 PM
LatinoStallion is currently offline Click here to Send LatinoStallion a Private Message Find more posts by LatinoStallion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote