KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Will you go to hell for worshipping a different god?

Will you go to hell for worshipping a different god?
Started by: Omnislash Kid

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Omnislash Kid
I did not Mordor him!

Ok so I didn't want to make the title long-winded so I'm just going to elaborate here (which is usually the norm in such threads).
So my question is if you practice another religion that has a deity that is the equivalent of the Christian God, will you be judged and sentenced to hell?

Also, this is a question irrelevant to my original question. But if you worship Jesus more than God even though God want's people to worship only him and love him above anything else, doesn't it contradict him wanting you to love Jesus above him?
I'm not sure if what I'm saying it actually true since I have not read the Bible because I'm an Atheist.

Alsoooo, if man is created in God's image, is that in terms of physical appearance or psychological and emotional sameness?
And if it is both or psychological and emotional sameness, does that mean that our sins are justified since we in that sense are the same as God and that he's an unjustified hypocrite?
It would be like a man owning a slave who sins but since he is the master it is justified whereas if the slave did it because he is a slave he will be punished.
I'm not sure if that really made any sense from your perspective but I think the analogy made sense.

Sorry if this is all to long-winded and is irrelevant to my original question. But for the sake of curiosity and so I am no longer incorrect about my understanding of the Christian religion please try not to flame to hard. As I've seen that's been an issue with many Christian's when it comes to an Atheist asking questions that oppose their belief and usually give bias answers that dont amount to anything since they are bias. These questions are more meant to be answered in an interpretation of the Bible and the religion itself.
Sorry if this offends any Christian users who view or comment on this thread since that was not my intention. Just merely wondering.

Old Post May 30th, 2010 06:00 PM
Omnislash Kid is currently offline Click here to Send Omnislash Kid a Private Message Find more posts by Omnislash Kid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Re: Will you go to hell for worshipping a different god?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Omnislash Kid
Ok so I didn't want to make the title long-winded so I'm just going to elaborate here (which is usually the norm in such threads).
So my question is if you practice another religion that has a deity that is the equivalent of the Christian God, will you be judged and sentenced to hell?

This would depend on what God is like or, if you want a more down to Earth answer, would vary between forms of Christianity. I suspect many/most of them would say yes.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post May 30th, 2010 06:40 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

This reminds me of an episode of south park.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post May 30th, 2010 06:49 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

No. You will not. I am as much qualified to tell you that as any imam, priest or rabbi.

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post May 30th, 2010 07:16 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Originally posted by lil bitchiness
No. You will not. I am as much qualified to tell you that as any imam, priest or rabbi.

What about a Shaman or Medicine Woman?

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post May 30th, 2010 08:21 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

No one goes to hell. Hell comes to us.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post May 30th, 2010 08:27 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

That may be so, but the question is usually intended as, "under the belief system of Islam (or Christianity or Judaism, respectively) will I go to hell for worshipping [sic] a different god," which is a question that you are not equally well "qualified" to answer.

Old Post May 30th, 2010 08:30 PM
Zamp is currently offline Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

your jewish arent you? sad

say it aint so, say it aint so..

anyways to the question a lot of christian belief systems would say yes, you will be judged for worshiping other gods and point out the old testament thou shall have no other god b4 me!!! thank you charlton heston..

i am not sure how modern jews would answer that or an agnostic christian since some would say god has many names and in different tongues it really comes down to what each person believes personally even if they are christian..

pretty sure Emmanuel said not to worship him but love thy father and some such..

Old Post May 30th, 2010 10:29 PM
Dark Riddick is currently offline Click here to Send Dark Riddick a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Riddick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Modern jews would say nobody goes to hell, because there's nothing in the Torah hinting at such a concept.

Old Post May 31st, 2010 12:55 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Mindship
No one goes to hell. Hell comes to us.
In the form of reality television.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post May 31st, 2010 12:57 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by King Kandy
Modern jews would say nobody goes to hell, because there's nothing in the Torah hinting at such a concept.
true. thumb up

Old Post May 31st, 2010 01:19 AM
Dark Riddick is currently offline Click here to Send Dark Riddick a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Riddick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

Hell exists as much as wunderland.

Wake up from these fairy stories.

Old Post May 31st, 2010 11:24 AM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

Originally posted by Wild Shadow
your jewish arent you? sad

say it aint so, say it aint so..

anyways to the question a lot of christian belief systems would say yes, you will be judged for worshiping other gods and point out the old testament thou shall have no other god b4 me!!! thank you charlton heston..

i am not sure how modern jews would answer that or an agnostic christian since some would say god has many names and in different tongues it really comes down to what each person believes personally even if they are christian..

pretty sure Emmanuel said not to worship him but love thy father and some such..

I don't practice Jewish religion, so I'm not a Jew. I REJECT being Jewish by ancestry.
Obviously, I respect others who may feel differently.

Judaism is a religion, much like Christianity, Islam or whatever. I don't believe one is a Jew just because his ancestors were Jews, same as I don't believe one is a Christian or a Muslim just because his ancestors were so. (if we keep going based on ansestry all end up Pagans in the end anyway)

As for God - religious books, made God to be like humans - he gets angry, he loves, he's sad, he's vengeful, he wants praise....then again, if he made us in his image, maybe we are like that because he is like that...I don't know. I don't take everything to heart - those books that are there, one must examine who has written them and WHY.

Can I also divert your attention to Genesis, Exodus, Levictus, Numbers and Deuteronomy - this is Torah and correspond exactly to Christian old Testament - ie they're the same (I believe - just those parts).

Can we just all agree to worship something without being damned for not doing it a particular way?
Nobody is chosen by God - we're all here together, probably part of some oneness, and until we release how similar and connected we are, we will remain divided and backward...and dare I say...uncivilized.

P.S I drunk and kept some Zamzam water in my house, does that make me a Muslim? Of course not.
I keep it there to bamboozle Allah.

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Last edited by lil bitchiness on Jun 10th, 2010 at 03:03 AM

Old Post Jun 4th, 2010 07:18 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

According to Christianity if your repent from your wrong-doing and follow the right god, you will be saved.

If you follow in infidelity to the christian god, you will go to hell. However, most religions will say the same thing about other religions.

If you're looking for religious council, however, this is not the place to go, as this is a forum used in the mockery of religion, not the discussion of it.

This answers your question briefly and effectively.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Jun 4th, 2010 07:23 PM
Moriarty is currently offline Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Omnislash Kid
[B]
Also, this is a question irrelevant to my original question. But if you worship Jesus more than God even though God want's people to worship only him and love him above anything else, doesn't it contradict him wanting you to love Jesus above him?
I'm not sure if what I'm saying it actually true since I have not read the Bible because I'm an Atheist.
Jesus and god are the same person, according to the consensus.
quote:

Alsoooo, if man is created in God's image, is that in terms of physical appearance or psychological and emotional sameness?
And if it is both or psychological and emotional sameness, does that mean that our sins are justified since we in that sense are the same as God and that he's an unjustified hypocrite?

In all aspects, we are an imitation, and no, just because you look the same and thing the same as someone, doesn't mean you make the same choices. We chose to do wrong, forcing ourselves out of the garden on our own. We're not the "same" either. In his image means basically similar. we all have variations.
quote:

It would be like a man owning a slave who sins but since he is the master it is justified whereas if the slave did it because he is a slave he will be punished.
Doesn't fit. psychological sameness =/= linked responsibility.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Jun 4th, 2010 07:29 PM
Moriarty is currently offline Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jack Daniels
WOW!

mmm your worshipping a different god...well not sure who the god you mean but Im sure he she it etc would be pissed you worshipped another....so yeah u might burn if your god exists..lol

I can't see straight will someone point me to the milkbar..?

Old Post Jun 6th, 2010 04:49 AM
Jack Daniels is currently offline Click here to Send Jack Daniels a Private Message Find more posts by Jack Daniels Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chomperx9
Restricted

Account Restricted

if you go to hell for worshipping a different god than that means everyone is going to hell because not everyone believes in the same god.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2010 05:23 AM
chomperx9 is currently offline Click here to Send chomperx9 a Private Message Find more posts by chomperx9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

Originally posted by chomperx9
if you go to hell for worshipping a different god than that means everyone is going to hell because not everyone believes in the same god.

This is not so. In fact, it is downright silly.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2010 03:29 PM
Zamp is currently offline Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omnislash Kid
I did not Mordor him!

I'm not actually religoous guys. I'm Atheist. These questions were simply out of curiosity

Old Post Jun 9th, 2010 08:06 PM
Omnislash Kid is currently offline Click here to Send Omnislash Kid a Private Message Find more posts by Omnislash Kid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grate the Vraya
Disciple of Inglip

Have you really meditated on the subject for as long as they have?

I got everything!

Old Post Jun 9th, 2010 11:17 PM
Grate the Vraya is currently offline Click here to Send Grate the Vraya a Private Message Find more posts by Grate the Vraya Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote