KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Solidus Snake vs Gray Fox

Solidus Snake vs Gray Fox
Started by: kamikz

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

Solidus Snake vs Gray Fox

Ok, so Solidus Snake with his two swords and his suit, vs Gray Fox with his suit and his sword only..... Who wins?

Necessity is the mother of inventions.
(Don't be a pig, get an Icejaw sig.)

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2006 06:46 PM
kamikz is currently offline Click here to Send kamikz a Private Message Find more posts by kamikz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

IMO Solidus would tear Fox a new one.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2006 09:38 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

Cool. Wanna tell me how? (I agree with you, but I wanna hear your opinion on how or why...)

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2006 09:45 PM
kamikz is currently offline Click here to Send kamikz a Private Message Find more posts by kamikz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

if grey fox can cut down solidus' tendrils... then fox takes it.. if not solidus gives him 4 robotic appendages worth of pain

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2006 10:39 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

Yeah. Well in pure swordsmanship and speed, I'd give it to Fox. (Slightly in swordsmanship but much more in speed). But Solidus has his suit which makes him much stronger than usual, faster and he has two swords instead of one. I think his "Snake arms" will be very useful against Fox, since they can punch, launch missiles and choke it's victim...

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2006 10:48 AM
Sam Z
Restricted

Account Restricted

Agreed. Solidus is supposed to be equel to Solid and Liquid in skills, plus he has his suit. So he'll take this.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2006 04:40 PM
Sam Z is currently offline Click here to Send Sam Z a Private Message Find more posts by Sam Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Solidus is the third and perfect copy of Big Boss. Many claim in MGS2 that he was the superior Snake--not saying he actually was. In any case I believe Solidus would be able to put Fox down, and it would be an amazing battle. Solidus's suit provides him with enhanced speed and reflexes. It also has those tentacles that will be more than a nuissance to Gray Fox. Then again Fox might be able to slice them apart with the HF blade. Solidus obviously has his share of battles and experience. So does Fox. Fox appears to be the superior swordsman, but I don't count Solidus out of the fight. He wielded 2 katanas, and he most likely taught Raiden everything he knows about blades.

In the end I believe the fight is decided in the variable if Fox is able to destroy Solidus' weaponry before it makes short work of him.

Both chars have impressive feats and experience. It would be a feast for the eyes.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2006 09:22 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Infinity
Big Boss

lol actually.. solid snake is the perfect copy of big boss.. he kinda beat liquid .. not owned him but beat him. he also put up amazing fights against Gray fox. now gray fox is amazing. he got the codename fox in his name from his skill.. he was a natural born killer.now lets pretend.. think of him like the hector of ancient troy. now theres Achilles (solid snake) . and his 2 evil twin brothers.. Gray fox was pretty much = with solid. the evil brothers were - solid. which adds up to the food tree

SOLID SNAKE
Gray Fox
Solidus

Gray fox is one of my favorite chars from a video game. and i think very highly of him. he owns, my friends . he really , really does

Old Post Aug 6th, 2006 05:43 AM
Infinity is currently offline Click here to Send Infinity a Private Message Find more posts by Infinity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sam Z
Restricted

Account Restricted

I believe Solid Snake got all negative genes from Big Boss, so he is not perfect clone.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2006 09:49 AM
Sam Z is currently offline Click here to Send Sam Z a Private Message Find more posts by Sam Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

Actually, in "Metal Gear Naked", Kojima described that the technology to transfer dominante and recessive genes did not exist in the 70's, so neither of the brothers is actually made to be better than the others, they are all equal in terms of genes, at least Solid and Liquid, it's just that Snake surpasses him in combat skills....
The whole "Liquid, you got the recessive" was just another plan of the Patriots to see how Liquid would react, and he reacted exactly as planned..... It was just a charade, like the bad luck for Fortune....

Yeah, in other forums I belive many are underestimating Raiden. They say that Solidus lost to him, thus he would not be able to even stand up to the bigger guys. Well there is some things I'd like to comment there....

1. Solidus taught Raiden "Everything he knew", that means he knew as many things as Solidus did. He also comments that Raiden kills like he used to do, meaning that Raiden still remembers it.... Raiden has also got many new skills, from VR and such....
2. Raiden is good, not bad...

Old Post Aug 6th, 2006 10:03 AM
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

Solidus has a few too many advantages. Overall speed goes to GF, but damn that blazing dash of Solidus's gives the one eyed son of BB a very good retreat and redirect attack, two HF blades, Snakearms that shoot seeker missiles...

Too many ways for Solidus to counter GF's movements and attacks makes Golidus a damn good fighter in the game.

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Aug 6th, 2006 11:42 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

If we would give them all their things, Solidus would not be able to see Gray Fox, since he is not normally equipped with thermal goggles. Both have that P-90 customized gun, so that would not give the other a big advantage either....
But since the fight has pretty much come to it's conclusive, I'm CHANGING THE RULES A BIT!!!!!! Gray Fox has his suit, Solidus his, no Snake arms, but two swords, and Gray has his sword... (Note that Solidus has done as he did against Raiden, he gets rid of the SNake arms and gets even more muscles and speed to his suit). He even says to Raiden, "This is where it gets interesting", so he might even be better in that state but....

Well discuss...

(Videos on Solidus and Gray Fox). (Solidus has his arms in this video, he's even faster without them, when he expands his suit)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-cFNiiqvg0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuCh4ejrA4E

Last edited by kamikz on Aug 6th, 2006 at 12:08 PM

Old Post Aug 6th, 2006 11:59 AM
Infinity
Big Boss

lol well.. solid snake is the best snake of all big grin he is my fave char (or one of them) have u guys seen the mgs 4 trailer ?? i read up on it.. aparently [spoiler]Solid dies... and like raiden is bad-ass big grin woot with that sexy exoskeleton. what i dont understand is who is Abel ?? and how ocelot turned to be so old ?? he must be like at least easily.. like 70years old. has he still got it ? and why is he "totally shaken by the ghost of liqui snake...??" hmm can someone help me out here ?[spoiler/] gray wins by the way stick out tongue but in a battle in between solid and solidus solid wins coz solid is quite possibly the greatest soldier ever.. naked snake kill his mentor(ex-greatest soldier on earth) then solid killed his gene-daddy. he killed the greatest soldier.. now he is the greatest.. that is what i think. solidus is full of shtstick out tongue lol

Old Post Aug 7th, 2006 04:48 AM
Infinity is currently offline Click here to Send Infinity a Private Message Find more posts by Infinity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

Actually, Snake is on the BRINK of suicide, but Kojima has said in an interview that Snake, despite old age and his sickness, is not going to die in MGS 4, although this will be his last mission. Who knows, maybe someone stops him, or he realises that he can not take such a way out, and he has to see it through to the end. Maybe he finds the antidote to FOXDIE (yes, it do exist. Ocelot has it.....) and on.......

Old Post Aug 7th, 2006 09:27 AM
Sam Z
Restricted

Account Restricted

...or it wasn't really Snake but his hologram, or it would be something about mind controle, who knows. Everything is possible in world of MGS.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2006 11:33 AM
Infinity
Big Boss

hmm...

Old Post Aug 7th, 2006 05:31 PM
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sam Z
...or it wasn't really Snake but his hologram, or it would be something about mind controle, who knows. Everything is possible in world of MGS.

Another of Raiden's hallucinations of expectations and experience. stick out tongue

Nah just kidding. I think Snake seems to do it by his own will, since Kojima describes Snake in the same position as he is in. He doesn't want to continue the MGS series (since he promised to stop after the 2 one really, and never planned to make MG 2 even...) but the people count on him to do it, the same is for Snake. Snake is said to have "seen more war then any man could handle" and he doesn't have much will left, but he fights for the people and for the future. He fights because, as the Colonel said, he's "our only hope".....

I think that since Kojima fights, even though he doesn't really want to, he is going to complete the 4th and final part of the Solid series. I think this means that Snake will fight to the end, and possibly survive it. Nothing such as suicide I belive.....

But as you said, anything is possible in MGS. wink

Old Post Aug 7th, 2006 06:28 PM
Infinity
Big Boss

lol very well said. but i dunno. i think that mgs will continue as raiden being the main char.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2006 08:19 PM
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

Thanks dude. Yeah, I think Metal Gear will continue with Raiden. Not MGS though, since this is the last in the "Solid" series, but in new Metal Gear series...

Old Post Aug 7th, 2006 09:41 PM
Infinity
Big Boss

yeah for shiznit.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2006 10:43 PM