KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Ryu vs Hayate

Ryu vs Hayate
Started by: Major Snafu

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

Ryu vs Hayate

Ryu is in Germany, along with Ken, who is defending his Pan-American championship in a Karate Tournament in Frankfurt. Ryu isn't fighting in this tournament (surprizingly!).

However, Ein, or rather Hayate, is there acting as support for Hitomi. The Mugen Tenshin ninja/karate expert remembers Ryu from several years earlier when both Ryu and Gouken were training near his home village.

Dressed in a white karate gi, Hayate challenges Ryu to a match. Ryu accepts.

This is strictly a karate match. Ryu's projectile attacks are banned. Hayate is not fighting with his ninjitsu style or his ninpo tricks. STRAIGHT KARATE.

Chuck Norris learned his trademark move, along with his sense of duty and justice, from Jesus after watching Him roundhouse kick a money changer out of the temple.

Last edited by Snafu the Great on Jan 11th, 2007 at 09:56 PM

Old Post Jan 11th, 2007 09:52 PM
Snafu the Great is currently offline Click here to Send Snafu the Great a Private Message Find more posts by Snafu the Great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

No Shoryuken or tatsumaki senpu kyaku? Can't call it. I'd say Ryu based on strength and speed feats, but I don't know enough about Hayate.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2007 10:21 PM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
No Shoryuken or tatsumaki senpu kyaku? Can't call it. I'd say Ryu based on strength and speed feats, but I don't know enough about Hayate.

Dragon Punch and Hurricane Kick are physical attacks. The Hadouken, Shakunetsu Hadouken, Shinkuu, Denjin and Metsu Hadoukens are projectile attacks.

Chuck Norris learned his trademark move, along with his sense of duty and justice, from Jesus after watching Him roundhouse kick a money changer out of the temple.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2007 10:28 PM
Snafu the Great is currently offline Click here to Send Snafu the Great a Private Message Find more posts by Snafu the Great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ryu would win, IMO. This would be more of a match if this was Ein and Ken fighting with or without techniques.

Maybe we'll meet again...
Wandering Flame (one of the best pieces in the Final Fantasy X soundtrack) happy

Old Post Jan 12th, 2007 12:46 AM
Wandering Flame is currently offline Click here to Send Wandering Flame a Private Message Find more posts by Wandering Flame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Yes, but you said straight karate, I wasn't sure if they were legal under those rules. You give him the Shoryuken, he wins outright. Hayate's not getting back up from that.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2007 01:58 AM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I agree. Ein/Hayate can take a lot of punisment, but the Shin Shoryuken will be devastating.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Jan 12th, 2007 06:49 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Frisky Dingo
Frisky Wolf Lord

As long as Ryu can do the ShinShoRyuKen he has this fight won. Even with out it this is his battle.

Saikyo Ryu, LEARN IT!

Old Post Jan 13th, 2007 12:31 AM
Frisky Dingo is currently offline Click here to Send Frisky Dingo a Private Message Find more posts by Frisky Dingo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote