KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » K' vs Yugo Ogami (BR)

K' vs Yugo Ogami (BR)
Started by: Charlotte DeBel

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Charlotte DeBel
White Queen of KMC

K' vs Yugo Ogami (BR)

Since it was mentioned in "K' vs Lee Chaolan" thread, i felt it would be nessesary to create a thread for analysing this fight deeper...

So who wins- the flaming, fast and furious Beast of Prey or werewolf fighter?

quote:
And by the way, I disageree with your analysis of the fight between K' and Yugo. Fire is the key word there... The "animal" side of zooanthrope would be scared as hell due to common animal fear of flames. That will slow Yugo down at least a bit, since his human side will have to confront animal fears.
And K' is no slouch in terms of speed, so I see him leveling Yugo with Heat Drive or Heaven Drive...

quote:
that's true but Yugo is sort of inhuman himself. K' has good speed and a great power but Yugo has that too. if fire was actually so much of a problem then him fighting a dragon or at least helping in fighting it would become inexplicable.
but regardless, i am revisiting lots of the fights on my site now after collecting more info about certain people. i just need to get my site back and all the pics back first. once that's done I'll upload all the new pics and revise some of the fights too. keep your fingers crossed till then. but don't worry, i'll consider what you are saying.

quote:
And about flame... I didn't say that it would completely handicap Yugo's fighting ability. I'm just saying that the animal fear of fire should affect his fighting ability a bit. At least giving K' more chanses to utilize his speed then vise versa...

Beware Blonde Badasses Emma Frost K' Dante

RIP Fluffy

Old Post Apr 24th, 2007 06:30 PM
Charlotte DeBel is currently offline Click here to Send Charlotte DeBel a Private Message Find more posts by Charlotte DeBel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

don't bother with such threads, kitten. most people here don't even acknowledge yugo or the other BR characters as too great (people here seem to think that he is not even an average fighter). heck often the coolness that is K Dash, doesn't even get that much respect.
I tried two three BR threads and i barely got a reactionsad

but since i am a fan and so are you, well, i guess its between ore-sama and you.

speed: this could be either one of them. if its the speed of the combinations or something, I'll have to give it to K' especially when he gets pissed (Chaindriver SDM for example). and the fact that he has flames behind those moves makes it even more dangerous. K' has great speed in moves like heatdriver, chaindriver, heavendriver, minute spke and narrow spike. Yugo has good speed too. not to mention Yugo's speed in his evasion (BR4 evasive tactic using R1 if i remember correct). his speed there is remarkable.

power: arguable again. Yugo has basic punches that can smack an opponent several feet away. it was even shown in BR4 Nagi's ending where he smacks her across the room with a punch...and i doubt he was going all out. K' on the other hand has done some remarkable stuff too. KO the hightier Zeroes for one and KOing Ingiz too.

stamina: well K' was able to win the KoF2001 tourny, take on "Original Loser" and then take on Igniz, lose, and then take him on again and finish him off too, surive the crash landing to sea, swin back up and then save Kula from K9999 and angel. That's gotta stand for something. on the other hand we have Yugo, who gets thrashed by Busuzima to the point that he had to be taken to the ICU, gets right back up upon regaining consciousness and takes on the entire ZLF foundation and takes out Busuzima...after fighitng numerous other people. all this without getting any medication. that too has to stand for something.

other advantages:
-K' has flames and projectiles. Yugo has neither.
-Yugo has some great combinations of low, middle and high attacks. K' mainly has high and mid hits and his combinations (aside from chaindriver) is mainly conscerned with the upperbody. so is Yugo, but he has more "lower attacks" as a combination. not to mention Yugo too has a chain combo, the king of breakers which employs the guard crush.
-K' has teleportation
-Yugo has his cool evasive tactics in BR4 where he is untouchable no matter how fast a combo you pull on him (he can even dodge Long's 20 hit kungfu punch thingy)

overall great fight and it really really can go either way. I'm still torn between them.

~Sado

Old Post Apr 24th, 2007 07:07 PM
Sado22 is currently offline Click here to Send Sado22 a Private Message Find more posts by Sado22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Charlotte DeBel
White Queen of KMC

K' seems to be underrated there...For the man, who was in top 10 of KOF fighters since his first appearance (and more closer to top 5), he is disrespected a lot... I took it almost as a personal offence when someone said that K' is more "flat and uninteresting characher" than that "stupid skunk wearing the same stinky gi all year round" aka Ryu...I can understand when he loses to Ryu (I really dislike him- being the first doesn't equal being the best) or Rock Howard...But compared to Mortal Combat characters (most of them are only great on paper, but their fanboys like to present them as gods- SubZero, for example, has almost never done things he's supposed to do according to his fanboys on screen...I can also use non-canon sources in debate- like KOF HK comics when K' blows up skyscraper with a click of fingers, controls lava flow by mixing it with his own flame ,destroys aviabase with a powerful explosion- but K' doesn't become godtier because of doing it (though it was fun to use these comics sourses in a debate from comic book versus board "K' vs Human Torch" since there I was asked to bring up comic showings of K'...but even going by game showings, K' still has numerous ways to kick Torch's stupid ass) K's underrated as hell.

And I've already said that flame would prevent Yugo from going all out (he would have to put more effort into controlling his animal side- but that doesn't mean that our werewolf will run away like a scared dog- that only means that K' has more possibilities to use his speed).
K' can win that fight like 6-7/10. I don't say that he's going to make fur jacket out of werewolf and give it to Kula as a birthday gift. That would be great fight..

RIP Fluffy

Old Post Apr 25th, 2007 06:27 AM
Charlotte DeBel is currently offline Click here to Send Charlotte DeBel a Private Message Find more posts by Charlotte DeBel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

you think that K' is underrated........he isn't.
he just not a god like Ryu who only has 3 moves and happened to come first.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2007 06:35 AM
Sado22 is currently offline Click here to Send Sado22 a Private Message Find more posts by Sado22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Charlotte DeBel
White Queen of KMC

I don't think he's a god... I'm not a stupid fangirl... but he's not a lame character either... And he gets little respect- there's ten or even less versus threads with him on that board...

RIP Fluffy

Old Post Apr 25th, 2007 06:50 AM
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

i was being sarcastic about ryu=godsmile

Old Post Apr 25th, 2007 09:47 AM
Charlotte DeBel
White Queen of KMC

Yes...but some crazy fanboys think he is...and make pepole with common sence laugh...
And they make a big deal about Bison, who's Geese or Original Zero's level- nowhere as strong as Orochi or Ingiz...Nothing special...

Of all SF bosses, Gill and Shin Gouki are the most impressive ones to my taste...

RIP Fluffy

Last edited by Charlotte DeBel on Apr 25th, 2007 at 10:08 AM

Old Post Apr 25th, 2007 10:02 AM
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

exactly!
the only godtier thing that Bison ever did was....nothing. they make a big issue about how he destroyed a city.....only that never happened and that animation is used in almost everyone's ending when they show the base destroy.
not to mention that SFA3 Bison was powerful (still unimpressively) because of the negative energy that was being transported to his body via the psycho drives...............and after all that he runs away from 13 underaged girls who take him and even runs away when Ryu hits him.
godtier my foot.
yet a godtier running away is more plausible than one who is defeated by another godtier (as was Nightmare Geese when he wad beaten by Terry). but that's not possible...because Terry becoming godtier is out of question...though ryu became just that when he fought Sagat in SF1.
the pro-SF bias here is so ridiculous. i used to find it funny like you when i joined this dump...but now its annoying as hell. espcially when they tell you crap like Ryu>>Goenitz. what the hell? no way in hell is he ever beating Goenitz.

Gill and ShitGouki are impressive...but Gill could use some more clothes sick

~Sado

Old Post Apr 25th, 2007 11:09 AM
Charlotte DeBel
White Queen of KMC

Honestly,anyone of KOF Great Four could took Bizon one-to-one. K' has beaten Zero and Original Zero, Terry has beaten Geese, Kyo and Iori beat Orochi together, but Orochi was true godtier...

And the thing about Bison never losing only tells us how LAME SF cast is and nothing more. ShitGouki- smile))))))))))))))))))))))) LMAO

RIP Fluffy

Old Post Apr 25th, 2007 11:21 AM
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

none of these four CAN FIGHT Bison one-on-one, Charlotte.
They will all BEAT HIM one-on-onewink
K', Kyo, Iori and Terry have all take on things a LOT worse than a guy who can't beat 13 little girlslaughing
Nightmare Geese, Igniz, Orochi, Orochi Iori, Orochi team, Goenitz, Rugal, Omega Rugal...............that's just to name a few. and they will ALL take kill Bison.

~Sado
P.S. see...you and i are the only people interested in this thread. i told you K' and BR characters are vastly underrated around here. you already saw the BS posted on that "ryu/terry" thread. around here the only thing that equals "godly" and being the best is Brokeback fighter. anyother game like KoF, tekken, BR, Guilty etc either has weaker characters and if not all the feats of the heroes are a result of jobbing.
seriosuly...street, sorry, Brokeback fighter is the most overrated thing after Paris Hilton

Last edited by Sado22 on Apr 26th, 2007 at 09:27 AM

Old Post Apr 26th, 2007 09:13 AM
Charlotte DeBel
White Queen of KMC

You're right about them ALL killing stupid Bison one-to-one. And I did mean that when writing about it... fight to win and to kill stupid overrated character...

And for fighting which was originally thought to be more "down-to-earth", with paying more attention to realism and less to superpowers, it's annoying to see how ungodly SF is overrated.
Being the first and most recognised doesn't equal being the best... it's

RIP Fluffy

Old Post Apr 26th, 2007 01:07 PM
shin_remy

i donīt matter if uncanon things are used, i mean, you talk about a character who never excisted.

If a character played in a uncanon game, so what. you talk about that character, not their story

Old Post Apr 26th, 2007 03:46 PM
shin_remy is currently offline Click here to Send shin_remy a Private Message Find more posts by shin_remy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Who else?
Who knows?

I don't like old boring ass Ryu my self, but this hate has gotta stop.
If the guy is great, he's great.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2007 05:28 PM
Who else? is currently offline Click here to Send Who else? a Private Message Find more posts by Who else? Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

Ditto

Old Post Apr 26th, 2007 05:47 PM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Being the first and most recognised doesn't equal being the best

quoted for the f'in truth.

quote:
don't like old boring ass Ryu my self, but this hate has gotta stop. If the guy is great, he's great

Look when I come around on KMC i make fun of anyone, anything and any poster I want to because me, I come to forums to have fun. I've made fun of terry at everytime it was reasonable to do so and I've made fun of ryu. heck i've made fun of Terry's engRish more than Ryu's "limpy" sexlife. that's what i like about brain...he doesn't take it personally when i make fun of him or his favorite character.
F--k YOU BRAINY!!!! GEESE SUCKS!!!!
see? big grin

so again...i don't HATE ryu. i like making fun of him, and whats more enjoyable is that comments like that always has fanboys running around and defending him. which is funnier still.
I'm here for the kicks dude. take it easy.

and I feel Ryu is overrated for reasons i've pointed out on threads. things like:
-ryu beating Kof bosses solo
-ryu taking on werewolves
-ryu being stronger than akuam
all point to him being overrated. and SF is overrated for a game that has been mroe about rehashing its own design than anything else. but that's all my opinion. learn to live with it.

~Sado

Last edited by Sado22 on Apr 26th, 2007 at 09:09 PM

Old Post Apr 26th, 2007 09:07 PM
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

SF isn't overrated, and they aren't rehashes they are updates. I admitt that after Super Turbo, Capcom should stop with the updates for SF2, But too many updates that eventually lead to arcade perfect ***;es is better than No arcade perfect titles for the home console which is what SNK tends to do. Not to mention that SF is one of the most innovative fighters of all time.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2007 09:26 PM
Classic NES is currently offline Click here to Send Classic NES a Private Message Find more posts by Classic NES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

SF2, Sf2 turbo, SF2 plus, SF2 champion edition, SF2 revival, SF2 hyper.....these are just off the top of my head, emp and they are the
SAME.......DAMN.......THING.
hence why i said rehash of same shit.

then came Super SF2 which was more or less the same thing with more characters. no dice. then came....oh no wait....SSF2 Turbo which was again the same damn thing only now it had specials/supers/DM"s whatever you call it (an idea taken off games like FF1 and AoF1, mind you). nothing groundbreaking either.

then came SF3 which was a great overhaul in the look department. but wait.....ryu still has 3 moves. ken still has three moves.......and something you never saw coming: a new karate gi rehash. then came SF3:gaint attack...which introduced Akuma, Yang a rehash of Yun design, Urien rehash of Gill design. i don't even want to get into 3rd strike.

and the characters:
ryu, ken, dan, sakura, akuma, sean, allen, kairi......all are shotoclones, do hadoukens and have similar moves if not identical. REHASH.

SF was innovative.....but that was long ago. they are pretty stale now....which explains why SF4 isnt coming out anytime soon while games like Tekken, and KoF are still running succesful. face the facts, emp. you know capcom not only DO NOT care about their fans but on top of all that they don't put in effort and expect us to buy their "same game new name" routine. heck they did that with Capcom VS SNK by making a "new" one called Capcom VS SNK pro. bull.

SNK only did that with KoFMI maniax, and KoF94:rebout (which was graphic overhaul not unlike SF2 revival). TWO games in the all these years.

Namco did that with Tekken5 when they released Tekken5.1.
at least T5DR has new characters, new stages and more options.

SF3:giant impact introduced one secert characters as playable, reintroduced a previous shotorehash (akuma), made a gill rehash (urien) and brought in Hugo from Final FIght series. 2 news stages...and that is it. no changes, no new features. same BS.

~Sado
P.S. Charlotte, you see what i mean now?

Old Post Apr 26th, 2007 09:40 PM
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sado22
SF2, Sf2 turbo, SF2 plus, SF2 champion edition, SF2 revival, SF2 hyper.....these are just off the top of my head, emp and they are the
SAME.......DAMN.......THING.
hence why i said rehash of same shit.

Are you serious, Sado?!

They are nothing a like, which is why they have different tourney's held for them. Seriously, do you know what seperates all the versions of SF2 before Super Turbo?

then came Super SF2 which was more or less the same thing with more characters. no dice. then came....oh no wait....SSF2 Turbo which was again the same damn thing only now it had specials/supers/DM"s whatever you call it (an idea taken off games like FF1 and AoF1, mind you). nothing groundbreaking either.

laughing

-SSF2 Turbo came out on march of 1994, that is before KOF came out with the DM.

-AOF never used supers, the spirit meter regulated special moves only. There were no such thing as a "Super Combo" before SSF2T.

-Super Street Fighter was an incomplete version of Super Turbo which is why it came out so early.

-And, if super Combo's aren't ground breaking, why do all SNK games use the Capcom Super System and not the Death Move?

-Also, SF invented special moves, so I could easily say AOF copied it from their. Not to mention that FF1 and AOF 1 were terrible, which is why the later installations of the series leeched of Capcom and used the SF2 Engine.

then came SF3 which was a great overhaul in the look department. but wait.....ryu still has 3 moves. ken still has three moves.......and something you never saw coming: a new karate gi rehash. then came SF3:gaint attack...which introduced Akuma, Yang a rehash of Yun design, Urien rehash of Gill design. i don't even want to get into 3rd strike.
and the characters:
ryu, ken, dan, sakura, akuma, sean, allen, kairi......all are shotoclones, do hadoukens and have similar moves if not identical. REHASH.

VS: Clark/Ralf
Vice/Mature
Shingo/Kyo
The Kyokugen scrubs who do nothing, but leech SF moves all day and are shoto clones as well laughing

Last edited by Classic NES on Apr 26th, 2007 at 10:01 PM

Old Post Apr 26th, 2007 09:53 PM
Classic NES is currently offline Click here to Send Classic NES a Private Message Find more posts by Classic NES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

SF was innovative.....but that was long ago. they are pretty stale now....which explains why SF4 isnt coming out anytime soon while games like Tekken, and KoF are still running succesful.

SF4 is not popular because ,2-d fighters as a whole do not generate enough profit. If KOF was so successful they would have not gone bankrupt despite milking the KOF franchise for all it's worth.

face the facts, emp. you know capcom not only DO NOT care about their fans but on top of all that they don't put in effort and expect us to buy their "same game new name" routine. heck they did that with Capcom VS SNK by making a "new" one called Capcom VS SNK pro. bull.

Sado, just because you play fighters for graphics and story doesn't mean everybody else does. And, you act like KOF doesn't make updates to their games E.G.: The Re-Bouts

SNK only did that with KoFMI maniax, and KoF94:rebout (which was graphic overhaul not unlike SF2 revival). TWO games in the all these years.

What, your forgeting that KOF 95 was in udate to 94 since they were relativley the same, KOF neo wave, Kof Re-Bout,Kof Mainax, etc. . . Not to mention that None of their console version are arcade perfect

Namco did that with Tekken5 when they released Tekken5.1.
at least T5DR has new characters, new stages and more options.

That's because Tekken 5 sucked, they screwed up the OKI.

SF3:giant
impact introduced one secert characters as playable, reintroduced a previous shotorehash (akuma), made a gill rehash (urien) and brought in Hugo from Final FIght series. 2 news stages...and that is it. no changes, no new features. same BS.

Again, play the games in question instead just looking at the graphics.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2007 10:00 PM
Who else?
Who knows?

Look when I come around on KMC i make fun of anyone, anything and any poster I want to because me, I come to forums to have fun. I've made fun of terry at everytime it was reasonable to do so and I've made fun of ryu. heck i've made fun of Terry's engRish more than Ryu's "limpy" sexlife. that's what i like about brain...he doesn't take it personally when i make fun of him or his favorite character.
F--k YOU BRAINY!!!! GEESE SUCKS!!!!
see? big grin

so again...i don't HATE ryu. i like making fun of him, and whats more enjoyable is that comments like that always has fanboys running around and defending him. which is funnier still.
I'm here for the kicks dude. take it easy.

and I feel Ryu is overrated for reasons i've pointed out on threads. things like:
-ryu beating Kof bosses solo
-ryu taking on werewolves
-ryu being stronger than akuam
all point to him being overrated. and SF is overrated for a game that has been mroe about rehashing its own design than anything else. but that's all my opinion. learn to live with it.

~Sado
-You don't just make fun of Ryu, dude. You debate against him in fights where he will obviously win. I mean you have a right to do so but doing that takes it to a level beyond making fun of him, that my friend is hate.

And you call people fanboys, when people can say the same to you and no offense but you do have some serious "fanboy" tendencies some times. Fanboy is a horrible word cuz everyone gets called a fanboy here. So either everyone is a fanboy or everyone here isn't. As long as people can defend there characters reasonably, how can they be fanboys?

-Ryu can actually solo MOST KOF bosses, you underrate the lame ass boring bastard that is Ryu.
-Remulous said that Ryu wouldn't get one shoted by Talbain but he would still lose rather easily, which is true, so how is that overration?
-No one ever said Ryu is stronger then Akuma.
Your points toward Ryu being overrated only further leads me to believe that you are in fact sippin on Hatorade.

I respect your opinion and I never get angry or have any bad blood with anyone on this forum. I just thought that I would point out the flaws in this so called "Ryu overration" literally one person on this video game forum likes old lame Ryu, that being Rem. . . what an out cast.

IMO, SF is better then KOF, in terms of graphics, feel, and gameplay. SF is alround a funner game to play then KOF and so is Fatal Fury. KOF needs to take a back seat for a while.

Last edited by Who else? on Apr 27th, 2007 at 04:19 AM

Old Post Apr 27th, 2007 04:12 AM
Who else? is currently offline Click here to Send Who else? a Private Message Find more posts by Who else? Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote