KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Tank (L4D) vs Cyberdemon

Tank (L4D) vs Cyberdemon
Started by: Ridley_Prime

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Tank (L4D) vs Cyberdemon

Discuss.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2009 03:30 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Voyeur
The Martyr

Tank. Discussed.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2009 03:33 AM
Voyeur is currently offline Click here to Send Voyeur a Private Message Find more posts by Voyeur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Okay, but mind saying how he wins at least?

Old Post Mar 18th, 2009 03:38 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Terryc250

Cyberdemon wins, he takes shots from the Big F*ckin Gun and plasma guns. Tank gets killed by molotovs and assault rifles

Old Post Mar 18th, 2009 03:51 AM
Terryc250 is currently offline Click here to Send Terryc250 a Private Message Find more posts by Terryc250 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Who or what the hell is a Cyberdemon?

Is it that big brain looking critter from Doom?

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Mar 18th, 2009 03:51 AM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

quote: (post)
Originally posted by XanatosForever

Cyberdemon is that final boss in Doom 3.

I forgot what that brain looking critter was called.

Cyberdemon owns this. He's way bigger than a Tank so how you think a Tank can win this is beyond me.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2009 03:55 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by XanatosForever

No. That's the Spider Mastermind you're thinking of.

Originally posted by Nemesis X
He's way bigger than a Tank so how you think a Tank can win this is beyond me.

Maybe the fact the Tank's pretty fast (especially when on fire, which makes it even faster for some reason), and that the Cyberdemon's rockets are slow and can be avoided easily.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2009 03:58 AM
Terryc250

Fire doesn't make tank run any faster, a tank cannot catch a fully healthy(green) person.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2009 06:31 AM
Terryc250 is currently offline Click here to Send Terryc250 a Private Message Find more posts by Terryc250 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

lol spite, Cyberdemon doesnt need his rocket launcher, he would probably just stand there and the first time the Tank comes ramming into Cyby he breaks his skull.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2009 08:51 AM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Nemesis X
Cyberdemon is that final boss in Doom 3.

And also the final boss in episode 2 from 'Doom'

Old Post Mar 18th, 2009 11:01 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Originally posted by Terryc250
Fire doesn't make tank run any faster, a tank cannot catch a fully healthy(green) person.

Yes it does. Toss a molotov at a tank while you are green and keep running. Preferabally on expert so the fire doesn't kill him too fast.

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
No. That's the Spider Mastermind you're thinking of.

Maybe the fact the Tank's pretty fast (especially when on fire, which makes it even faster for some reason), and that the Cyberdemon's rockets are slow and can be avoided easily.

I'm so sure you would run faster too if you were on fire as well. If it can fire rockets then it pretty much wins via oneshotting. aiming a rocket at the ground before the tank would mess it up. I don't know this thing but the tank sounds outclassed.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Mar 18th, 2009 11:14 AM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Burning thought
lol spite, Cyberdemon doesnt need his rocket launcher, he would probably just stand there and the first time the Tank comes ramming into Cyby he breaks his skull.

Who said the Tank needs to ram into Cybey or punch him? He can just throw a car or large piece of concrete at him from a distance, and the Cyberdemon not using his Rocket Launcher is basically asking the Tank to do that... so yeah. He does need his fire-arm.

Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
If it can fire rockets then it pretty much wins via oneshotting.

Not necessarily. Like the Cyberdemon, the Tank has a crapload of health (especially on expert), so I doubt it would be a one-shot match, but other than that, yeah. I guess Cybey would probably win.

This wasn't spite BTW. Just thought it'd be an interesting fight.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2009 10:37 PM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

You're the first person to come up with with a L4D vs match so far, so I applaud you for that. I'll be bringing my own up in eventually. As far as the debate, I'm gonna say cyberdemon wins.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2009 10:43 PM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Who said the Tank needs to ram into Cybey or punch him? He can just throw a car or large piece of concrete at him from a distance, and the Cyberdemon not using his Rocket Launcher is basically asking the Tank to do that... so yeah. He does need his fire-arm.

You did not mention the terrain/setting in the OP so i didnt asssume the Tnak had access to street items.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2009 10:46 PM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

BT, have you ever played Left 4 Dead? The Tank can pull a cement chunk out of anything.

XD

Old Post Mar 19th, 2009 01:14 AM