KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Crocodile (Lake Placid) vs. Jaws

Crocodile (Lake Placid) vs. Jaws
Started by: six6six

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
six6six
Droog

Crocodile (Lake Placid) vs. Jaws

Who would win? Would it go down like this....

Old Post Jun 8th, 2009 10:03 PM
six6six is currently offline Click here to Send six6six a Private Message Find more posts by six6six Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Re: Crocodile (Lake Placid) vs. Jaws

Animal Face-off already did this with a croc and a great white ; the shark won due to speed and maneuverability. /end thread

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jun 8th, 2009 10:06 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
six6six
Droog

Duh. I only posted the video for it. This was for a typical Croc & Great White, not LP Croc & Jaws. Thats like saying Jaws is just another great white, which you would be wrong. He's much much bigger then your typical great white, not to mention a fiercer killer. Same goes for LP Croc.

Last edited by six6six on Jun 8th, 2009 at 10:19 PM

Old Post Jun 8th, 2009 10:11 PM
six6six is currently offline Click here to Send six6six a Private Message Find more posts by six6six Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Plus Jaws ate Robert Shaw.

Noone eats Robert Shaw and lives.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Jun 8th, 2009 10:43 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by six6six
Duh. I only posted the video for it. This was for a typical Croc & Great White, not LP Croc & Jaws. Thats like saying Jaws is just another great white, which you would be wrong. He's much much bigger then your typical great white, not to mention a fiercer killer. Same goes for LP Croc.

My error, didn't bother reading or clicking on the link. Exactly, they're both stronger and larger than their regular counterparts, all things being equal, shark still wins.

PS Go **** yourself smile

Old Post Jun 9th, 2009 12:08 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Hmmm, I think I'll go with the croc, the scene where it comes out of the water and rips that huge grizzly apart was very impresssive.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2009 03:53 AM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Placidity
Hmmm, I think I'll go with the croc, the scene where it comes out of the water and rips that huge grizzly apart was very impresssive.

Didn't rip it apart, it bite it's picnic basket seeking ass and dragged it into the water while it complained. I do suspect some fashion of ripping happened once the bear was in the water, though Jaws could do the same, if the bear was already in the water.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2009 04:32 AM
Dr Will Hatch

Originally posted by Robtard
Didn't rip it apart, it bite it's picnic basket seeking ass and dragged it into the water while it complained. I do suspect some fashion of ripping happened once the bear was in the water, though Jaws could do the same, if the bear was already in the water.
How big is the croc exactly?

Old Post Jun 9th, 2009 04:50 AM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Crocodile (Lake Placid) vs. Jaws

Animal Face-off already did this with a croc and a great white ; the shark won due to speed and maneuverability. /end thread
Indeed. Jaws pwns hard. Bites the gater in half and makes me boots from it's hide.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2009 04:56 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

CROCODILE

Stats: 30-foot (9.1 m)

(please log in to view the image)

vs

JAWS

Stats: 25 feet (8m), 3 tons

Old Post Jun 9th, 2009 05:11 AM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

It depends on where the fight takes place, if it's somewhere with a bank, or beach, then Placid can take it. If it's nothing but water, then I think Jaws takes it.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2009 07:11 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Size - Placid

Biting Strength - Placid by a ridiculous amount.

Durability - Placid...simply because its hide is just plain stronger than a great whites. The larger the croc, the "tougher" the hide. Same with most sharks, but not to the degree of a croc.

Speed - Jaws...no contest.

Aggressiveness - slim, but it goes to Jaws.

Intelligence - Jaws. Wasn't a land slide, but still goes to Jaws.

Endurance - Jaws, duh! Crocs get tired rather fast.

Area of attack, which is important - Placid. The croc as the huge advantage of being able to move it's head and body much much more, allowing it to maybe get by with a half strike from Jaws and then turn at the right moment and deliver a killing blow to Jaws.

Jaws wins, due to speed and agression, 6 out of 10 times. Depends on how you want to setup a scenario. If they go head on, Placid opens its mouth much much taller than jaws and takes the cake, no contest.

In a "not aware of each other environment" Jaws has the sensory advantage by leaps and bounds. Jaws also has the endurance advantage. If it ends up in a heads on, again, Placid wins, no contest.

That's why I'm going with a nod to jaws, 6 out of 10 times.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2009 07:53 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Gater goes in the water. Shark is in the water......

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2009 09:27 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
six6six
Droog

I believe they're pretty close in size, right? Isn't Jaws like 32ft. long or something?

Old Post Jun 9th, 2009 02:26 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

25, two tons.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2009 02:33 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Gater goes in the water. Shark is in the water......

I like your simple style here, dude.

Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
25, two tons.

3 Tons, as listed above.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2009 05:38 PM
Quincy
Debaser

That pic of Jaws over the edge of the Orca still gives me chills.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Jun 9th, 2009 05:42 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

Re: Re: Crocodile (Lake Placid) vs. Jaws

But that show sucked.
Continue thread.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2009 06:25 PM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

I like your simple style here, dude.

3 Tons, as listed above.
I was going with what Quint said in Jaws.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2009 06:39 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Re: Re: Re: Crocodile (Lake Placid) vs. Jaws

Originally posted by Mr. Rhythmic
But that show sucked.
Continue thread.

LoL, black people.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2009 06:50 PM