KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Dante (DMC) vs. Carnifex (40k)

Dante (DMC) vs. Carnifex (40k)
Started by: NemeBro

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NemeBro

Dante (DMC) vs. Carnifex (40k)

(please log in to view the image)

vs.

(please log in to view the image)

The Carnifex is armed with two scything talons and a Venom Cannon, as seen in the picture.

Dante is DMC4.

Just randomly decided to try this thread out, basically, speed and skill vs. strength and endurance. Also to give BloodRain a 40k thread he can try his hand in debating in.

I have little doubt that Shin can provide more Carnifex feats than I can, so will allow him to do so.

Last edited by NemeBro on Sep 30th, 2011 at 11:49 PM

Old Post Sep 30th, 2011 11:36 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

You dick, you know I lost my codices, lol.

That said, Carnifexen are known to be incredibly durable, I'm honestly not sure Dante can hurt it. They can also regenerate rapidly, depending on the fex, not sure if you're allowing a regenfex.

Carnifex are known for things like smashing clear through fortifications, ripping apart the adamantium hulls of tanks, toppling wraithbone spires, and shrugging off small arms fire. The 5th ed codex specifically mentions a carnifex surviving on a planet that had been subject to exterminatus and was rapidly healing in a hybernative state. They dropped a cyclonic torpedo on it.

I'd love for this Carnifex to have been Old One Eye. But alas and such.

According to Lexicanum, the any vehicle less than a super heavy tank has no chance whatsoever of surviving a Carnifex's charge. And even those fare poorly. That bodes well for it's strength.

As for smarts? Dante may finally be up against an opponent with less wit than himself. Without the guidance of the hive mind a Carnifex basically turns into a PMSing godzilla and just goes around breaking shit until it's hungry, then it breaks shit so it can eat it.

As for durability? Well, according to Lexicanum, Scout Sergeant Tellion of the Ultramarines could -not- pierce Old One Eye's hide, OOE is a Carnifex. It doesn't state how Tellion attempted it on Lexicanum, but it does say OOE tore apart Tellion's squad, meaning he was probably pretty close. He was probably being shot at and stabbed/slashed at all at once. The only thing that saved Tellion himself is pulling a very lucky shot into the one wound on Old One Eye that had never healed, his lost eye.

IE... Not sure Dante can hurt a Carnifex, since Tellion had to shoot one where it was already wounded.

I vote the Carnifex smashes things until Dante gets tired, and then smashes him, too. The fact it has a venom cannon bodes well, too. Dante's cocky, swatting bullets out of the air and such. Trying that with the projectile from one of these will get him smeared across three provinces. >=D

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2011 12:11 AM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGoldenSpy

damn those things are scary

Old Post Oct 1st, 2011 12:22 AM
TheGoldenSpy is currently offline Click here to Send TheGoldenSpy a Private Message Find more posts by TheGoldenSpy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheGoldenSpy
damn those things are scary
And awesome. Tyranid fluff is cool as shit. (Unless Cruddace writes it)

Old Post Oct 1st, 2011 12:28 AM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Hey ScreamPaste, could a typical Carnifex match a typical Daemon Prince?

Old Post Oct 1st, 2011 12:32 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

There is nothing wrong with Cruddace's fluff.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2011 12:32 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Fluff Carnifex is going to do a lot of damage. I just wonder if it can take on a devil form Dante.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 1st, 2011 12:37 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by ares834
The answer is no.

A Carnifex might physically be able to best a Daemon Prince, maybe, but a Daemon Prince is much more than a physical combatant.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2011 12:38 AM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Originally posted by NemeBro
There is nothing wrong with Cruddace's fluff.
Ymgarl Genestealers.
Originally posted by ares834
Probably not. A carnifex sending a daemon prince back to the warp isn't out of the question, though, imho. I don't have my codices available to really compare them featwise, but I know that overall a Daemon prince is more powerful.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2011 12:39 AM
ares834

Awesome, thanks both of you.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2011 12:43 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cool_ghost
Touch me and you die

Dante has speed and skill, but he is fairly strong too, I think you forget that.

He stopped saviour in DMC 4, which is one of his best strength feats, and even being hollow saviour is still massive and easily was tons.

As to this carnifex hitting dante, I doubt thats going to happen. Dante is too fast and before the laser cannon can be pointed at him we would be in a different spot.

Would this dinosaur be able to take direct shots from pandora? Its missles and lasers, and what if dante tried impaling him? Dante has immense strength.... I dont know how strong this Scout Sergeant Tellion is, but you stated, scream, that he could not pierce his hide. Unless this Scout Sergeant Tellion is strong enough to stop a moving object of at least 100,000 pounds (and im sure thats being generous of the saviours weight) then he is not as strong as dante.

It all comes down to how "durable" this carnifex is, I couldn't tell because I have no idea of who these people are that test his durability. Can someone tell me if he can tank multiple lasers and missles from pandora?

Edit: and thats not even dante in devil trigger

Old Post Oct 1st, 2011 01:23 AM
cool_ghost is currently offline Click here to Send cool_ghost a Private Message Find more posts by cool_ghost Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

The Carnifex's best strength feat is the ability to topple over massive Wraithbone spires by pushing, basically knocking over a solid skyscaper constructed out of a material more durable than ceramite, which is itself much more durable than, well, really just about any metal IRL, better than any we can efficiently use.

Dante is strong, but the Carnifex is much, much stronger.

And remember, the Carnifex can attempt to get into melee while also firing its Venom Cannon.

Telion probably wasn't using a blade, only an idiot or a Greater Daemon tries to melee a Carnifex. He was probably using his modified heavy bolter.

I think Dante can probably cut the Carnifex, personally, but not enough to really do much damage per hit.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2011 01:40 AM
The Scenario
Greater Sci-Fi combatant

Originally posted by cool_ghost
Would this dinosaur be able to take direct shots from pandora? Its missles and lasers, and what if dante tried impaling him? Dante has immense strength.... I dont know how strong this Scout Sergeant Tellion is, but you stated, scream, that he could not pierce his hide. Unless this Scout Sergeant Tellion is strong enough to stop a moving object of at least 100,000 pounds (and im sure thats being generous of the saviours weight) then he is not as strong as dante.

It all comes down to how "durable" this carnifex is, I couldn't tell because I have no idea of who these people are that test his durability. Can someone tell me if he can tank multiple lasers and missles from pandora?

Well, let me say it like this: The two most well known weapons of the Imperium are Lasguns and Bolters. The Lasgun is a laser weapon that is capable of blasting through multiple layers of concrete. It's also pretty famous for being one of the weakest weapons in 40K, and would basically bounce off of a Carnifex. The Bolter is a semiautomatic/automatic armor piercing rocket launcher. It's designed to pierce the target and then explode. Carnifex's, again, tend to laugh at these.

So, in short, Carnifex's are all but immune to lasers and missiles, or at least those that are man-portable.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2011 02:16 AM
The Scenario is currently offline Click here to Send The Scenario a Private Message Find more posts by The Scenario Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGoldenSpy

Dante sure has trouble hurting things around here.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2011 02:22 AM
TheGoldenSpy is currently offline Click here to Send TheGoldenSpy a Private Message Find more posts by TheGoldenSpy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

You wouldn't think it considering the overpowered shit he does.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2011 02:27 AM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Scenario
Greater Sci-Fi combatant

I don't think Pandora would do the job, is all. I'm reasonably certain that Dante could damage the Carnifex in melee, though. And if what BloodRain says about Dante is true, his mach 15 speed would dance circles around the thing.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2011 02:32 AM
The Scenario is currently offline Click here to Send The Scenario a Private Message Find more posts by The Scenario Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

I think he said Mach 30.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2011 02:39 AM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

quote:
Telion probably wasn't using a blade, only an idiot or a Greater Daemon tries to melee a Carnifex. He was probably using his modified heavy bolter.
Old One Eye got close enough to rip his squad apart, me thinks it's hard to outrun a charging carnifex. /Shrug.

quote:
and what if dante tried impaling him?
He'd need one hell of a good feat to be able to actually impale a carnifex. The entire crux of this thread seems to be "can Dante actually hurt it?"

The Carnifex comes from a universe of stronger enemies with monomolecular melee weapons and hilariously overpowered ranged weapons and functions as a heavy assault tank. Dante using some of his higher end DT stuff might be able to wound the fex, but actually putting it down seems out of the question to me, to be honest. Getting into melee range only puts Dante at risk of being caught by a flailing limb of the pissed off carnifex and being neatly bisected.

It's really a match of endurance. He either gets tired before he puts it down and gets crushed, or he wittles it down little by little death of a thousand cuts style.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2011 02:42 AM
CosmicComet

I feel like supporting Dante for a change of pace.

I might have to read up more on this nifty Carnifex creature.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2011 02:44 AM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Old One Eye got close enough to rip his squad apart, me thinks it's hard to outrun a charging carnifex. /Shrug.

Telion wears easily maneuverable Scout Armour, and is faster than a Carnifex.

Also, uh, you can use a Heavy Bolter from point blank.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2011 05:15 AM