KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Jedi Master Yoda vs. ROTS Anakin

Jedi Master Yoda vs. ROTS Anakin
Started by: Darth Mantis

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (22): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Stealth
Ranger

Jedi Master Yoda vs. ROTS Anakin

You can use the "chosen one" story. Yoda in his prime.

For Fritos.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2005 08:25 PM
Click here to Send Stealth a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkNemesis
Uber Dark Lord

ROTS Anakin is more powerful than Yoda, but he was also very emotionally unstable. Yoda wasn't as powerful but he had much more control over himself. Quite a few lightsaber duels have proved that level-headedness is more important than power. So I would probably say Yoda.

"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof." (Thanks TRiNiTYfemi for the sig!)

Old Post Apr 24th, 2005 08:32 PM
Click here to Send DarkNemesis a Private Message Find more posts by DarkNemesis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kun-ni Habeo
Restricted

Account Restricted

yoda.if anakin could control himself then he wins

ZIVELA SRBIJA I BUREK!

Old Post Apr 24th, 2005 08:47 PM
Click here to Send Kun-ni Habeo a Private Message Find more posts by Kun-ni Habeo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkNemesis
Uber Dark Lord

^^agreed

"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof." (Thanks TRiNiTYfemi for the sig!)

Old Post Apr 24th, 2005 08:51 PM
Click here to Send DarkNemesis a Private Message Find more posts by DarkNemesis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Yoda was whuppin' ass when Anakin's mommy was in diapers. Strong with the Force, young Skywalker is. But stronger than I? I thinka not... hm hm hm hmmm... Yes.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2005 08:51 PM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Nefarus
Redi Knight

Anakin would waste Yoda. Even in his prime he would be no match for Anakin's fury. Like I said before Obi-Wan only was due to his personal knowledge of Anakin. Yoda wouldn't have that wisdom, or the power to defeat Anakin.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2005 09:30 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Nefarus a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Nefarus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

"Like I said before Obi-Wan only was due to his personal knowledge of Anakin." That is crap. Yoda would be watching Anakin very closely and he was his great-great-great-great master. He taught Dooku, who taught Qui-gon, who taught Obi-wan, who taught Anakin. To put it shortly, Yoda wins.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2005 10:17 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

I know how you're wrong, Glentract. You forgot one big point.

Yoda isn't the Chosen one. Somehow, that seems to make all the difference in the world.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2005 11:14 PM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth
Ranger

"chosen one"- Bring a balance to the force. They thought it would bring a balance to the lightside, but their was more light than dark. So he made it balanced by joining the darkside.

Well that's my theory anyway..

For Fritos.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 12:01 AM
Click here to Send Stealth a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

it also never says that the chosen one needs to be the ultimate fighter.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 01:13 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

I agree.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 01:55 AM
Wanderer259

The Prophecy - The one that will bring balance to the Force.

Let's look at this for a moment.

A lot of people seem to think that this means Anakin was conceived of the Force to bring Emperor Palpatine, the Dark Side 'cloud', down, and in a very bad way. But is this really what you would call bringing balance? Last I checked, balance meant an equal representation of all things... or in this case, none.

We've got a bunch of Jedi, Light Side addicts who've ruled over Force usage for a very long time. We've got a tops of three Dark Side users, all incredibly strong. What happens? Anakin shows up. Anakin aids in the destruction of the entire Jedi order, and though his genocide isn't complete, Obi-Wan and Yoda do eventually die. After RotJ, Anakin kills the Emperor and then dies of wounds he sustained in doing so. What do we have left? Luke Skywalker as the sole true Force-user in the galaxy and I wouldn't place him as entirely Light Side; he fell too easily into the Dark Side in his fight with Vader and I could swear I remember him force-choking someone at least once). So, with one Force-user who is pretty much mostly neutral, we've achieved The Balance.

Anakin was indeed the bringer of the balance, but it wasn't through sheer power, skill, or knowledge. Just participation and 'destiny'.

So after that, Anakin might, MIGHT be potentially stronger, but he's also far from exhibited the amount of control and skill Yoda has. In the end, I'd say it'd be circumstantial.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 02:04 AM
Click here to Send Wanderer259 a Private Message Find more posts by Wanderer259 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Many people have taken lots of liberty with the prophecy and what it entails. The prophecy has two sides...

The Jedi Order believed in a being that would bring balance to the Force. What balance is is never clearly explained.

The Sith have their own version. The sith'ari. A supposively perfect being who brings about balance to the Force somehow, while destroying the existing Sith order and installing a regime of terror.

At least, that's what I remember reading somewhere. In any case, balance in the Force shouldn't mean the destruction of the Sith and the Jedi order. The Jedi Order itself was not corrupt or decadent. It was not a sick institution in the traditional sense, though it did, perhaps, need a revision of sorts. The upbringing of Anakin and how he melded with the Order is a clear example of that. As for the Sith, they existed rather pacefully with the galaxy for a millenium or more, didn't they? Was there imbalance there?

Meh. I wish the whole thing was well thought out in the first place. I expect a rather hasty explanation in Episode III. I'd die of shock of GL suddenly turned around and had a well thought out explanation for the prophecy and explained it to a tee.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 02:22 AM
Wanderer259

"...balance in the Force shouldn't mean the destruction of the Sith and the Jedi order. The Jedi Order itself was not corrupt or decadent. It was not a sick institution in the traditional sense, though it did, perhaps, need a revision of sorts. The upbringing of Anakin and how he melded with the Order is a clear example of that. As for the Sith, they existed rather pacefully with the galaxy for a millenium or more, didn't they? Was there imbalance there?"

On the Jedi Order, just because it wasn't corrupt doesn't mean it didn't contribute to the Force's supposed imbalance. They were one side of an extreme, the Light Side, and their numbers dwarfed the amount of Dark Siders at the time of the movies. On the Sith, no one said the Force was imbalanced 'back in the day'. If the prophecy has been around since the beginning, since the first Force user, then hasn't the Force been imbalanced this whole time and therefore came that way naturally?

My whole theory is based on the idea that the imbalance lies within the use of the Light and Dark halves of the Force, but like you said, what exactly is imbalanced about the Force is not only never clearly explained, it's never explained at all. We're only told that the Force is imbalanced and that Anakin is here to regain that balance; we're told to accept this and be done with it. But we're never told what the hell this means.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 02:33 AM
Click here to Send Wanderer259 a Private Message Find more posts by Wanderer259 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

True enough. Wish it was more straightforward...

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 02:54 AM
Darth_Nefarus
Redi Knight

Lucas has said that the Sith cause the imbalance, I don't see how that isn't straight forward.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 05:26 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Nefarus a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Nefarus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Well, the Sith existed for millenia before Sidious and Anakin, and did much darker deeds, murdering billions and corrupting large amounts of Jedi.

I fail to see how all of a sudden Sidious and his apprentice of the moment finally swing the pendulum all the way out of alignment.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 05:33 AM
Fishy

It sounds nicer to make a movie about a chosen one then just some special guy... GL should have thought about what he was doing to us people that don't think being the chosen one makes you win everything..

Besides while we're on the subject of bashing the chosen one, who says he is the only ever? Do you know how many chosen one's religions have had? Mythology's have? Anakin might be the chosen one, but who's to say he is the only one...

Seirously..

Anyways Yoda would win this, he has more experience, better training, better command of the force and he is a lot calmer. Anakin would go insane while fighting Yoda and eventually lose

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 06:52 AM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vanquish

Just because Anakin is the Chosen one, doesn't mean he is the strongest, I wish people would get off that line of thinking. It ONLY means that he is the one in the end that defeats the Sith. It is more of a victory by association, because he is the only one that could have been standing next to Palpy to do the job, because if it was any other jedi, even a much more powerful one, Palpy would have been fighting back. The only reason Vader kills Palpy is because he isn't expecting it. That is HARDLY a display of power or strength imo.

Anyway, Yoda would destroy Anakin or Vader at any time during any of the movies. At no time was Anakin ever as strong as Yoda.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 12:17 AM
Click here to Send Vanquish a Private Message Find more posts by Vanquish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_DaNThEMaN
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yoda.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 12:44 AM
Click here to Send Darth_DaNThEMaN a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_DaNThEMaN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote