KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Master Kavar vs. Master Vrook

Kavar vs. Vrook
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Kavar wins by far 3 27.27%
Kavar barely wins 1 9.09%
Vrook wins by far 3 27.27%
Vrook barely wins 4 36.36%
Total: 11 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Master Kavar vs. Master Vrook
Started by: Darth_Glentract

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

Master Kavar vs. Master Vrook

Who do you think would win? Master Vrook knew a several force forms, which was considered extreemly unusual and Master Kavar was a famous weaponmaster.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 03:26 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Master Kavar is famed in his own time as the leader of the Jedi guardians. But Vrook is clearly superior. He is the defacto leader of the council in Vandar's absence, and it's his vote that swings the remaining three Jedi to strip you of your powers as an exile. Note Kavar and Zek didn't want to initially.

And while I don't normally like to cite gameplay mechanics, Vrook was clearly the hardest of the three Jedi masters to slay. (Four if you count Atris.) If I had to rank them, Atris would be last, followed by Zek, than Kavar, and then Vrook by a large margin. The old fart is really rough in a one on one, even at a high level and with good equipment. Granted, if you have the right stats, you can Force lightning his ass to death in seconds, but saber to saber he can kill the average Exile character in two to three swipes. Kavar takes at least four.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 03:39 AM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

Vrook is more powerful. He was there on Dantooine to keep Revan in check along with some other masters, who were probably send there only to keep Revan in check. You don't send anybody but the most powerful and wise masters there... Where was Kavar again? Oh yeah he wasn't leading the Republic army's against the Sith or the Mandelorians. Even though that was supposed to be his job.

Kavar was a failure in my eyes, i liked the guy when i first met him but i still think he's a failure. Vrook would kill him.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 06:38 AM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperor Revan
Most Powerful Sith Lord

I said Kavar because if Revan hadn't commanded the Republic forces it would've eventually been Kavar. Also he had the Form 7 technique which was pretty good. I can't comment on the game difficulty because I always played Dantooine first thing and you can't fight Kavar until the end. (on a side note though, i noticed it is extremely hard to beat Vrook without a lightsaber, but with one its pretty easy.) Back on subject, it seemed like Vrook was more of a Force user, so in lightsaber combat I think Kavar would win.

Thanks to Janus for the great Sig.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 12:49 PM
Click here to Send Emperor Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Emperor Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Revan33
I said Kavar because if Revan hadn't commanded the Republic forces it would've eventually been Kavar. Also he had the Form 7 technique which was pretty good. I can't comment on the game difficulty because I always played Dantooine first thing and you can't fight Kavar until the end. (on a side note though, i noticed it is extremely hard to beat Vrook without a lightsaber, but with one its pretty easy.) Back on subject, it seemed like Vrook was more of a Force user, so in lightsaber combat I think Kavar would win.

Kavar should have yes, but he didn't. He didn't even lead the Republic forces against the Sith... He may have been a better fighter but I don't think he could stand a chance against Vrook. Vrook has a better command of the force and isn't a bad fighter himself. Vrook would win this one

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 02:18 PM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperor Revan
Most Powerful Sith Lord

True, Vrook probably had a better command of the Force, and isn't a bad fighter, but like I said, its comparing a (roughly) level 12 to a level 20 with a prestige class.

I believe Vrook has a better command of the Force, but what proof is there of it? This is also a serious question not a rhetorical one.

Thanks to Janus for the great Sig.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 10:17 PM
Click here to Send Emperor Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Emperor Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Vrook was the head of the Jedi council in exile. You don't get a title like that by not being a master of the Force. And Kavar was a weaponsmaster, too, not just another guardian.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2005 02:58 AM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

Kavar was a weapon master, but like said Vrook was the head of the Jedi council. I don't think the little green Yoda look a like (forgot his name) was above him.

This shows that Vrook was at least one of the wisest and most powerful Masters in the galaxy. Probably more powerful and wiser then any other Master, otherwise he would not have that title.

What makes me think Vrook is more powerful in the force? Well he was the head not a member. Its like comparing an arm to your brain. Without your brain your dead without an arm a lot of things just get harder. Now when i faced Vrook in Kotor II even after facing Kavar i found him to be more difficult to kill because of his force powers and his skill with a Lightsaber. In pure combat Kavar would have a chance, but the force always plays a role in fights. And vrook would own Kavar by using it. Doing more with it then Kavar could do.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Apr 27th, 2005 11:37 AM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

You always learn the highest form, whether its Juyo or the last level Force form from Vrook, too.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2005 04:05 PM
JKBart
Restricted

Account Restricted

Kavar imo

They are angry because they have been forced to recognize that their hour has arrived; that the time has come to surrender power to Shimrra and the new order."

Old Post Sep 9th, 2016 02:48 PM
Click here to Send JKBart a Private Message Find more posts by JKBart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
QuakeBlood

up

Old Post Nov 7th, 2016 03:40 AM
Click here to Send QuakeBlood a Private Message Find more posts by QuakeBlood Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthbane77

Vrook

Old Post Nov 7th, 2016 03:59 AM
Click here to Send darthbane77 a Private Message Find more posts by darthbane77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cs_zoltan

What a worthless thread. Nobody cares.

"You presume limits to our double standards. There are none." - Vitidiots

Old Post Nov 7th, 2016 08:10 AM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

I care (please log in to view the image)

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Nov 7th, 2016 08:24 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote