KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » The Empire vs. The Yuuzhan Vong

The Empire vs. The Yuuzhan Vong
Started by: Sith Follower

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sith Follower
Dark Side Disciple

The Empire vs. The Yuuzhan Vong

Could Palpatine's Empire, at the height of its power and order, have defeated the Vong?

With ruthless aggression, a disregard for loss of life on both sides and the Empire's superweapons, I feel they could have pulled it off.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 02:23 AM
Click here to Send Sith Follower a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Follower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_DaNThEMaN
Restricted

Account Restricted

Empire all the way!

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 02:45 AM
Click here to Send Darth_DaNThEMaN a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_DaNThEMaN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TraptUnderIce
Brand New God

I'm not too sure. A group of Vong could probably take on a whole army of stormtroopers. It was never very clear but I think the Vong armor could take a blaster shot. It is very vague because half way through they noticed they made the vong too difficult to beat and allowed lightsabers to penetrate easier. I'm rambling now but could blasters penetrate vong armor would sum up the battle.

Star Destroyers vs Worldships would be interesting also. Tie Fighters would easily be beaten by the Vong ship. (Forgot the name) As for the Worldship I think they would eventually beat the Destroyers after the fighters swarmed the destroyers and overwhelmed their shields.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 03:32 AM
Click here to Send TraptUnderIce a Private Message Find more posts by TraptUnderIce Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

still, there was maybe ten worldships vs. 25000 star destroyers

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 04:33 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Follower
Dark Side Disciple

Also, the Empire had many other fighters beside the basic TIE Fighter. There were TIE Interceptors and that specialized one Vader flew in A New Hope. With Palpatine's battle mediation and if he called in Thrawn to assist, I think I'd give the Empire the edge.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 06:19 AM
Click here to Send Sith Follower a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Follower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Corranhorn
Best Jedi You'll Find

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TraptUnderIce
Tie Fighters would easily be beaten by the Vong ship. (Forgot the name)

Coral Skippers

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 04:59 PM
Click here to Send Corranhorn a Private Message Find more posts by Corranhorn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nai
Advocatus Diaboli

Empire blows them into dust with two death stars.

"Dear God, what is it like in your funny little brains?"

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 06:02 PM
Click here to Send Nai a Private Message Find more posts by Nai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

Yeah Empire blows them away. The death Star will be a very effective weapon and every planet that is conquered by the Vong will be blown up immediately.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 06:08 PM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TraptUnderIce
Brand New God

Too bad the death stars got destroyed by a farmboy and a guy that does Malt Liquor commercials.

Even if the worldships were outnumberded I'm sure they could take out half of those Destroyers. It took the force to really defeat the worldship and last I checked not many force users in the Empire except Vader and Palpatine and other random people that don't count.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 06:20 PM
Click here to Send TraptUnderIce a Private Message Find more posts by TraptUnderIce Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Darkstar
Grandmaster of the AFC

ah, but they were destroyed by force sensitive people, the Vong could never do that. About what is that nonsense of the worldships taking on half the star destroyers, the empire had over half a dozen super star destroyers, and 25 000 imperial star destroyers, that is not counting support ships like frigates, victory star destroyers etc. One super star destroyer took on a worldship. And palpy would have no trouble sacfificing people to kill the vong, empire takes this easily.

Oh and about the death stars, the second one could take on all the worldships by itself, it could target individual capital ships. No, the vong are screwed.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 06:45 PM
Click here to Send Lord Darkstar a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Darkstar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TraptUnderIce
Brand New God

The dovin basals would assorb the turbolasers. Well if the Empire is bringing in their whole fleet then what the hell is stopping the Vong from bringing in everything. The vong could just drop all their troops off on coruscant and massacre everyone. Then they can grow new worldships and slowly take over the empire.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 07:46 PM
Lord Darkstar
Grandmaster of the AFC

the dovin basins don't stop everything, they can be overpowered, just like shields. And a laser that could destroy a planet would certainly take out a measly dovin basin.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 10:07 PM
Click here to Send Lord Darkstar a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Darkstar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_DaNThEMaN
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Empire can also call upon the black sun.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2005 02:34 AM
Click here to Send Darth_DaNThEMaN a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_DaNThEMaN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TraptUnderIce
Brand New God

black sun the criminal organization? what the hell do they got?

Old Post Jun 4th, 2005 03:32 AM
Bobafetty
Pimp of Evil

The Yuuzhan Vong are a race of battle and the'll do anything for their deities. The Empire is filled with a bunch of clumsy jack ass's in white suits.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2005 04:47 PM
Click here to Send Bobafetty a Private Message Find more posts by Bobafetty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slay
Skyhighatrist

Anyone has a match?

Old Post Jun 4th, 2005 04:53 PM
Click here to Send Slay a Private Message Find more posts by Slay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_DaNThEMaN
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TraptUnderIce
black sun the criminal organization? what the hell do they got?

They'll steal the vong's wallets.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2005 03:58 AM
Bobafetty
Pimp of Evil

i see

Old Post Jun 5th, 2005 04:40 AM
Click here to Send Bobafetty a Private Message Find more posts by Bobafetty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Str0ke
Restricted

Account Restricted

vong

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2013 04:52 PM
Click here to Send Str0ke a Private Message Find more posts by Str0ke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote