KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Exar Kun vs. Master Yoda

Exar Kun vs. Master Yoda
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Exar Kun 13 46.43%
Master Yoda 15 53.57%
Total: 28 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Exar Kun vs. Master Yoda
Started by: Emperor Revan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Emperor Revan
Most Powerful Sith Lord

Exar Kun vs. Master Yoda

Ok, Kun easily beat Kreia, and Yoda easily beat the Exile, so who would win between these two?

Thanks to Janus for the great Sig.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 07:50 PM
Click here to Send Emperor Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Emperor Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chewbacca II

oooooo, quite an even fihgt, but in the end i think it would be a stale mate because yoda has so much more infinite wisdom and connection to the force ( more training and experience in it ) but exar kun is plain hard

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 07:57 PM
Click here to Send chewbacca II a Private Message Find more posts by chewbacca II Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Frobo
Jawa hairstylist..of doom

We shouldn't go by the votes we should go by the facts and I'm personally leaning towards kun who killed 1000 jedi in a single fight( I think please correct me if I'm wrong I don't eally know.) Kun was a better swordsmen as for more powerful with the force this also goes to kun, he was able to become one with the force then feed of of a race of warriors.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 07:58 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Frobo a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Frobo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chewbacca II

yes but yoda is the only (known off) jedi (from wat iv read, mite be wrong) to be able to repel force lightning and that is a pretty im pressive feat and plus yoda is just a badman, and kun didnt killa 1000 jedi he just stopped them from coming to his planet and repeled them

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 08:04 PM
Click here to Send chewbacca II a Private Message Find more posts by chewbacca II Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Frobo
Jawa hairstylist..of doom

thank you for correcting me on that, as for the force lightning thing I seriously doubt that people had been absorbing force energy for thousands of years before him, (i.e nhilus and the exile.) when you get right down to it force lightning is just force energy, you might be right but chances are there was probably someone before him to do ir, probably being the operative words in that sentance.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 08:11 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Frobo a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Frobo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Darkstar
Grandmaster of the AFC

people before Yoda could repel force lightning, Nomi Sunrider could do it, Mace did it against Palpy, heck in the special edition of RotJ book, Luke did it.

And here I say Exar wins. If you want reasons go to the Exar vs Kreia thread

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 08:21 PM
Click here to Send Lord Darkstar a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Darkstar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Apex
The Jedi Sage

Yoda
Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance
We don't know very much about either character's background, but I like Yoda because he fights with so much determination, in all his fights he looks like he's giving it his all.

Strong am I with the force, but not that strong....twilight is upon me and soon night must fall, that is the way of things, the way of the force... -Yoda

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 08:30 PM
Click here to Send Apex a Private Message Find more posts by Apex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Plagues

Yoda for me too.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 08:33 PM
Click here to Send Darth Plagues a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Plagues Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chewbacca II

well i guess exar would win but
1, i'd hate to see the little green dude get beaten
2, it would be pretty intense and even fight even if exar would win, i atleat think exar would get injuered by yoda

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 08:37 PM
Apex
The Jedi Sage

Think about it though, Yoda wasn't in his prime during the movies and gave everybody he fought hell, jumping off of one leg. Yoda in his prime I think could take Kun. But 900 year old yoda I don't think could pull it off, but I hate to imagine Yoda losing a fight and getting killed.

Strong am I with the force, but not that strong....twilight is upon me and soon night must fall, that is the way of things, the way of the force... -Yoda

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 08:47 PM
Click here to Send Apex a Private Message Find more posts by Apex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Darkstar
Grandmaster of the AFC

Ok, you said we didn't know any background on them, actually we do know a fair bit and here is some info on Exar (this is taken from the Exar vs Revan thread and the Exar vs Kreia thread which is why some points may refer to them), anyway, here it is:

Exar was an exceptional duelling master.
He also was able to freeze the entire senate with one spell and then resuce his apprentice and kill an extremely powerful jedi master and nobody could do a thing about it. This jedi master was also very similar to Yoda and been training for hundreds of years, also remember that the jedi master was training during the height or war in the republic so he knew battle better than Yoda did.
The jedi order also sent thousands of jedi to kill Exar. He was able to repel all of them long enough to preserve his spirit for thousands of years.
And Exar did study alot, Vodo-Baas says that Exar is the most powerful student he has ever trained and the most powerful force user of that time, and Vodo was similar to Yoda, he trained lots of jedi over a long period of time, and if Exar was the best, that means something.
Exar also studied alot, he was fasinated by the sith teachings in Vodo's holocron. Exar also learned under the ancient sith, like Freedon Nadd and Marka Ragnos, he would still be very smart. It is also worth noting that the ancient sith said that Exar would be the one to bring about the golden age of the sith and said that he was the Dark Lord of the Sith, over Ulic-Qel Droma.
Exar Kun was also able to destroy the entire massassani race, quite a feat. He drained their life force and used it to prolong his life.

His apprentice, Ulic, was a powerful jedi and dueller in his own right, but Exar was his unquestioned master and the ancient sith said that Kun would be the dark lord, not Ulic, this means that Kun is stronger than Ulic was.
He was also able to hide as a sith in the middle of the jedi stronghold (Ossus) and recruit jedi to become sith, without the jedi even knowing what he was doing, that's got to take some pretty impreesive power. He decived the best jedi in the order, took sith stuff and recruited new allies from the midst of the jedi ranks, lied to the jedi masters, and they couldn't even tell it was going on! Also, this planet (and its sun) were later blown up by Kun so Yoda would have no knowledge of those things that Exar knew.
Also, he invented his own lightsaber, Exar was the person who invented the double blade lightsaber. He would then designed his own, unique, style of combat, something Yoda would never have seen, giving Kun another advantage.
He is also an amazing dueller, after he decided to try against Vodo (a lightsaber master), Vodo died in around 10 seconds, before that Kun was just toying with him. Toying with him! In the middle of the senate chamber on the same planet as the jedi temple, he could still toy with one of the best duellers in the jedi order and win hands down.
Kun also learned loads of stuff from Ossus, which was later destroyed by him so Yoda couldn't have learned anything from it, he also used sith holocrons and had the private notes of Naga Sadow, another sith who could blow up a sun. Naga was also a dark lord of the sith from 1000 years before Exar and was Marka Ragnos apprentice and had an amazing grasp of the dark side, Exar learned it all.
Kun was able to walk into the heart of the republic senate, freeze them all, kill their leader and a jedi master, and walk out, nobody could do a thing. This is in the heart of the jedi order! He was also able to kill a beast which is probably very similar to a terentek, or better, with very few problems. Exar was also able to walk into another jedi stronghold (Ossus), kill more jedi, steal the artifacts, and walk out again, unharmed. He was also able to destroy Freedon Nadd with no problems.

About Exar being defeated by 12 people, only 2 which had lightsabers, might I add that one of those people was Luke Skywalker, another was Kun's old master, a 4000 year old jedi master. Also, I think its impressive that it took 12 jedi combined, 2 of which were masters, to defeat Kun's ionized air particles.

think about how he died, he was faced against 10 000 jedi, and the republic fleet. Under those circumstances, anyone would have died, including Revan. Yet, Exar was able to kill off an entire race, numbering thousands, to keep himself alive, sure he was killed 4000 years later, but it still took 14 jedi, 12 padawans, Luke and Kuns old master to kill him. Think about it, 2 lightsabers, 12 padawans/knights, 2 jedi masters (including one of the most powerful jedi ever; Luke and the old version of Yoda, Vodo-Baas, he trained lots of jedi, for some reason I think of him like an old Yoda), to kill off Kun's 4000 year old ionized air particles! He must have been near godlike when he was alive.

When Kun walked, the ground shook underneath him from the shear power of the dark side eminating from his body.

Exar did invent his own style of lightsaber combat, the double blade, also, his double blade was different than any other double blade. He was able to move it faster and aim more than with other double blades. Also, since Yoda had never seen a double bladed sabre, it would throw him off. Another thing is that Yoda's main advantage is his speed and force power, Exar is at least equal, probably greater in the force category and for speed, he can move his lightsaber so quickly that Yoda's advantage would be almost gone. Then Exar's experience and strength would lead him to a win.

Exar wore armor with a cortosis weave in it, that would allow him to be able to outlast Yoda.

There you go, now, I would like to know what would allow Yoda to beat this guy, he could hardly stand up to Sidious, what chance would he have against Exar?

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 09:04 PM
Click here to Send Lord Darkstar a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Darkstar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Apex
The Jedi Sage

That's great info, but I just don't like to see the little green dude beat. Do you have any thing on Yoda, I would like to know more about his travels before the episodes. I think Yoda faired well against Sidious having a busted leg and beginning to reaching his final years, while Sidious was in his prime or around his prime, but the Yoda v.s. Sidious argument is one I don't have the energy for right now.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 09:37 PM
Darth_Nefarus
Redi Knight

Yoda really only got flung away at the end of the fight because of his weight. Truth be told Yoda is more than capable of killing badass Sith Lords. Sidious knew it

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 10:07 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Nefarus a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Nefarus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Apex
The Jedi Sage

Agreed Nefarus yes

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 10:12 PM
Lord Darkstar
Grandmaster of the AFC

I actually don't know a whole lot on Yoda, however I do have a few speculations, but the facts first, he fought in the clone wars, the stark hyperspace wars and one more but I forget what it was right now.
And of course he was 900 years old, could deflect force lightning, had mastered form IV and form I (and probably more, after all you don't live to be 900 and only master 2 forms)

For what I think, well I actually think that Yoda may have met Darth Bane at one point, possible reasons for thinking this well:
-Yoda said in Dark Rondevous that he had faced great trials in the youth, what could be a greater trial than an extrememly powerful sith lord?
-Also, we know that jedi/sith can live for hundreds of years, lets say that Bane was 30 on Ruusan, then 100 years later (when Yoda came around, he would have been 130, by the time Yoda is trained, Bane could be 150, old, yes, but still alive)
-This also explains how Yoda's knows about the rule of two, he got Bane's holocron

But that is just speculation, only what I posted first is true (though I don't think my idea is impossible, it is actually probable)

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 10:24 PM
Darth_Nefarus
Redi Knight

It's good speculation however.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 10:45 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Nefarus a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Nefarus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Darkstar
Grandmaster of the AFC

Thanks, and yes Yoda is at a disadvantage because of his weight, but that is his weight and he just has to cope with it. It is really one of his main disadvantages during a fight, and another thing that could lead Exar to win, Yoda will grow tired and Exar will still have strength left

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 10:50 PM
Darth_DaNThEMaN
Restricted

Account Restricted

Attachment: 1858_yoda_yeats_grave.jpg
This has been downloaded 196 time(s).

Old Post Jun 19th, 2005 02:04 AM
Click here to Send Darth_DaNThEMaN a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_DaNThEMaN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Darkstar
Grandmaster of the AFC

lol

Old Post Jun 19th, 2005 02:11 AM
Lord Darkstar
Grandmaster of the AFC

but really dan, I want to know why you think Yoda would win, I listed several reasons for Exar, and I am interested in what would allow Yoda to counter those

Old Post Jun 19th, 2005 02:15 AM