KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » ROTJ Luke Skywalker vs. ROTS Serra Keto

Who is the best Jedi Knight?
This poll is closed.
Luke Skywalker 13 61.90%
Serra Keto 8 38.10%
Total: 21 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ROTJ Luke Skywalker vs. ROTS Serra Keto
Started by: Darth Plagues

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Plagues

Warning ROTJ Luke Skywalker vs. ROTS Serra Keto

Both of these people during ROTJ and ROTS were at the ranks of Jedi Knights, but these Jedi Knights havevery different skills.

Luke Skywalker: He uses Form V, which maintains its existence through having sufficient defensive skills, as derived from Form III, but channeling defense into offense. The example is commonly used that while Form III combatants effortlessly deflect laser bolts, Form V practitioners excel at redirecting the laser bolt toward the opponent. This simultaneously defends the user and efficiently injures the opponent. As well, it employs a basic form of Form II's parries, allowing the user to parry the attempted attack, and counter it. It is different from Form III in the fact that practictioners of Form V will press the assault, using wide, sweeping blows in an attempt to overwhelm the opponent with brute strength.

Serra Keto: She uses Form X, which has the Jedi using two lightsabers, one in each hand. One of the blades in the wielder's hands is used for attacking while the other one is used for defending, such as parrying, or for more offensive power.

The setting is "Jabba's Sail Barge"

I think Serra Keto has more experince, but Luke has more power. In the end Luke Skywalker would pull this off.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 02:14 AM
Click here to Send Darth Plagues a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Plagues Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

RotJ Luke would win. ESB might even beat her. Anakin in the movie, just force choked her I believe. And I would like to thank you for making a good thread.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 03:38 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Achilles X
Restricted

Account Restricted

i dont think ESB Luke has a chance in hell
ROTJ Luke might be able to pull it off, but sera has more knowledge of the force and more experience. plus shes been raised as a jeedai since she was a child. ROTJ Lukes been in training what, a few years? ESB Luke for even shorter time. i mean yes theyre both jeedai knights, but as said before, there are different skill levels, and i think sera is on a higher one than luke, at ROTJ at least.

"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do."- Bruce Lee

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 03:43 AM
Click here to Send Achilles X a Private Message Find more posts by Achilles X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tyler Secura
Bonjour la beau

Serra would own his arse. As said above. This is Serra's brother btw.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 03:48 AM
Click here to Send Tyler Secura a Private Message Find more posts by Tyler Secura Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

Actually Luke doesnt become a Jedi untill he fights Vader the third time(RotJ.) RotJ Luke is just so much more powerful that Sarah doesnt stand a chance. ESB Luke had a Kaiburr crystal already making him more powerful than he would have regulary have been. This crystal had immense healing powers, but it weakened greatly the farther the distance from the Pomojema Temple. It still had power though, perhaps helping Luke withstand the force lightning. ESB Luke did manage well against Vader. I think ESB Luke could take her.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 03:51 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Achilles X
Restricted

Account Restricted

true, he did do well against vader, but in the end he still lost. i think even in ROTJ, he may be strong but hes just too inexperienced. Plus as i said before, Sera was trained as a Jeedai since she was a child. i mean yes luke was trained by yoda, but he didnt train THAT long. i think just from lack of experience luke would lose

"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do."- Bruce Lee

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 03:54 AM
Click here to Send Achilles X a Private Message Find more posts by Achilles X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tyler Secura
Bonjour la beau

Did he ever get trained to defend against Form X? He will be hurtin...

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 03:56 AM
Click here to Send Tyler Secura a Private Message Find more posts by Tyler Secura Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

Luke would be dead, he may have the raw power but he doesn't have the control over the force or the anger he needs to beat her.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 10:01 AM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HANSOM SOLO

I don't think so. Luke at this time is way more powerful than Serra Keto, she may have more experience, but like Plagues said above. He has a Form that overcomes people by brute force and wide swings. Serra Keto doesn't have the defensive skills to hold on this opponent.

Anyway Fishy, he has a Jedi Knight's control over the Force, the same as Keto and Luke wouldn't need to use anger to win. He knows enough to beat Serra Keto.

"I warn you not to underestimate my power." - Luke Skywalker

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 03:26 PM
Click here to Send HANSOM SOLO a Private Message Find more posts by HANSOM SOLO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

Against a lowly hutt... Real Impressive...

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 04:10 PM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Plagues

quote: (post)
Originally posted by HANSOM SOLO
I don't think so. Luke at this time is way more powerful than Serra Keto, she may have more experience, but like Plagues said above. He has a Form that overcomes people by brute force and wide swings. Serra Keto doesn't have the defensive skills to hold on this opponent.

Anyway Fishy, he has a Jedi Knight's control over the Force, the same as Keto and Luke wouldn't need to use anger to win. He knows enough to beat Serra Keto.

"I warn you not to underestimate my power." - Luke Skywalker

HANSOM SOLO has a very good point. Serra Keto may have more experince, but clearly Luke is way more powerful.

Fishy Jabba was not some low Hutt...

A mobster, Jabba the Hutt was the unsurpassed top dog of crime in the Outer Rim Territories. Overseeing his business out of Tatooine, Jabba had interest in a number of profitable and illegal schemes -- slavery, gunrunning, spice-smuggling, extortion and more.

Luke showed intelligence and focus way past Serra Keto's in fighting Jabba's forces.

And this wasn't the only crimelord Luke dealt with about three months before Return of the Jedi...Luke Skywalker also dealt with Xizor AKA "Thrid most powerful person in the galaxy, next too Palpatine and Vader"

Xizor is portrayed as a rival of Darth Vader, largely the result of a mixture of ambition and hatred. The latter arose when Vader obliterated much of Xizor's homeworld from orbit to halt the spread of a plague accidentally released from an Imperial bio-weapons facility, killing most of Xizor's family in the process. Learning of Vader's quest for Luke Skywalker, Xizor attempted to frustrate it and simultaneously lower Vader in the Emperor's esteem having the young Skywalker killed.

Prince Xizor was portrayed as a cold and ruthless risk-taker - indeed, his species has a reptilian semblance. Unlike the grotesque Jabba, Xizor had a refined and charismatic appearance, with a taste for "the finer things in life" that was strikingly juxtaposed with his merciless ambition. Similarly, while he was certainly "cold" in some respects, he behaved quite irrationally at times, most dramatically in choosing to pursue his dangerous machinations against Vader. He was assisted by Guri, an enigmatic and brutal "human replica droid" (HRD) assassin. (Guri appeared to have perished after being defeated in unarmed combat by Luke Skywalker, but she survived her master's death, and was subsequently featured in a comic book mini-series titled "Evolution.")

You see he did alot more than most Jedi Knights.

Luke would win over Keto...

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 04:36 PM
Click here to Send Darth Plagues a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Plagues Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tyler Secura
Bonjour la beau

Then stop making threads on Serra if your so sure that she always loses?

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 05:21 PM
Fishy

Fighting crime lords and fighting Jedi are two completely different things. Luke may have the power but his control over the force is not good enough. Did you see how much problems he had lifting C3P0 on Endor?

Serra has the force power and the experience, besides she has a different form then Luke she fights differently then Vader. Luke does not have the experience to defeat a Jedi Knight like that. He may have the power but the force won't make him win and against a lightsaber fighter that will do everything that she can to win he will lose. She will move to fast for him her form would be to surprising for somebody like Luke. And she trained her entire life, Luke is a fast learner but against a fully pledged Jedi Knight? Nah

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 05:26 PM
Serra_Keto
...Silvertsume's Lover...

*wAvEs goooodbye to Luke.

*~Mhm That's Right, Uh Huh Uh Huh~*

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 05:27 PM
Click here to Send Serra_Keto a Private Message Find more posts by Serra_Keto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Achilles X
Restricted

Account Restricted

i agree 100% fishy, but luke didnt put that much effort into lifting c3po

he just closed his eyes, thats not a lot

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 06:13 PM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

I don't know a lot about Serra Keto but I know Luke is one of the best so I vote Luke.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 06:21 PM
Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Plagues

Luke didn't struggle in lifting C-3PO on Endor, he just closes his eyes. Also in ESB Luke did better at trying to pick up a ship than Obi-Wan Kenobi did as a Jedi Master in the ROTS video game...Obi-Wan needed Anakin to help him to finish the deed.

That is a feat way past Serra Keto. She has more experience, but Luke's Form and stronger ability in the Force would win over her.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 06:40 PM
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

Originally posted by Tyler Secura
Then stop making threads on Serra if your so sure that she always loses?

Maybe he values the opinions of other people.

Anyway. Luke had a Kaiburr crystal by this point. He DEFEATED Vader in ep6. Wow, he be the guy who killed her, her master and a bunch of other Jedi with one hand, yet he couldnt beat her alone?

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 07:02 PM
Darth Plagues

Good point ^...Vader may have lost some of his power when he fought Obi-Wan, but he still is pretty impressive. He could still take Keto so could Luke.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 07:05 PM
Darth Plagues

Originally posted by General Zodiac
I don't know a lot about Serra Keto but I know Luke is one of the best so I vote Luke.

Here is some more info in Serra Keto from Wikipedia...

Serra Keto was the ambitious student to Cin Drallig, the legendary Jedi swordsmaster (who is briefly seen in Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith, dueling Darth Vader.) She wielded 2 green lightsabers, making her fighting style unique; she could also use the force to see her opponent without her eyes.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 07:52 PM