KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Qui-Gon Jin Vs Cin Drallig

Qui-Gon Jin Vs Cin Drallig
Started by: Lil Krueger

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The_God
LOOK AT SIG.

Qui-Gon Jin Vs Cin Drallig

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 08:40 PM
Click here to Send The_God a Private Message Find more posts by The_God Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Cin Drallig, most likely. He seems to have a better balance of fighting styles, and he's older, dedicated to saber training.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 08:42 PM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Admiral Akbar

Cin takes this one home.

When the darkness comes, keep an eye on the light no matter how far away it seems.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 08:44 PM
Click here to Send Admiral Akbar a Private Message Find more posts by Admiral Akbar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SkinWalker

Im not sure. I like Qui-Gon better but i have never seen Cin fight.

Qui-Gon confused Cin Drallig

-Halle Berry's Biggest Fan.:.Thanks Piggle Humsy-

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2005 06:19 PM
Click here to Send SkinWalker a Private Message Find more posts by SkinWalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

I'd bet on Qui-Gon. Cin's really strong, one of the best Jedi duelers, said to be stronger than most council members, but Qui-=Gon is said to rival Mace Windu. Of course, that's TPM Mace so it'd be close but I'd bet on Qui-Gon.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2005 02:55 AM
Click here to Send darthsith19 a Private Message Find more posts by darthsith19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Uh, for the last time, QGJ does not even come close to Mace Windu.

Why?

Well, Maul fought a Sith apprentice for the better half of eight minutes and died from a relatively simply attack, while Mace defeated the Sith apprentice's mighty master in half minute.

There is no way Qui Gon is about equal to Mace.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2005 02:57 AM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth_Janus
Uh, for the last time, QGJ does not even come close to Mace Windu.

Why?

Well, Maul fought a Sith apprentice for the better half of eight minutes and died from a relatively simply attack, while Mace defeated the Sith apprentice's mighty master in half minute.

There is no way Qui Gon is about equal to Mace.

1. When you said "Well, Maul" I'm assuming you meant Qui-Gon, right?
2. Maul's attack was not simple if it's the first time you've ever fought an opponent who's using a double bladed lightsaber. And who would expect Maul to use his handle to help him defeat Qui-Gon? And Sidious definately let Mace beat him, but I'm not even going to get into that again like I did with Sorgo.
3. How the hell do you know Qui-Gon doesn't rival Mace? TPM Mace, that is. We never saw him fight.
4. Your the one who said "Why the hell is Cin Drallig in every versus thread now? What's our verification of his actual abilities? None."

Old Post Aug 26th, 2005 03:34 AM
Click here to Send darthsith19 a Private Message Find more posts by darthsith19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Originally posted by darthsith19
1. When you said "Well, Maul" I'm assuming you meant Qui-Gon, right?
2. Maul's attack was not simple if it's the first time you've ever fought an opponent who's using a double bladed lightsaber. And who would expect Maul to use his handle to help him defeat Qui-Gon? And Sidious definately let Mace beat him, but I'm not even going to get into that again like I did with Sorgo.
3. How the hell do you know Qui-Gon doesn't rival Mace? TPM Mace, that is. We never saw him fight.
4. Your the one who said "Why the hell is Cin Drallig in every versus thread now? What's our verification of his actual abilities? None."

You again?

1- I did. He fought Maul for about eight minutes and never gained the advantage.

2- It WAS simple. For a bunch of force using combatants, to be put out of a fight with a handle to the face and then get stabbed with an elaborate thrust reeks of horrible battle readiness and swordsmanship. If anything, all Qui Gon did to Maul was flail away at him and do more than a few pointless spin attacks and twirls. He was dancing more than he was fighting. After he was stabbed, Obi-Wan did more damage in under a minute than Qui Gon did for eight. So please, don't belittle Maul to make Qui Gon Jinn great. He's not.

3- WTF? Changing your tune now? So now Qui Gon is as good as TPM Mace Windu? The same Mace Windu who was a jedi master, second on the council, and had created his own addition to the hardest lightsaber fighting style? The same one who barely lost to Count Dooku? No, that's bullshit and you got it from the novel, not from any real facts. Read this-- Novelisation of movie = author's intepretation of movie events. It's not canon. Not even close.

4. I did, but I'd bet that he could beat Qui gon Jinn, since I could beat Qui Gon Jinn with his sloppy style.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2005 05:54 AM
Null ARC Avis
The best, the elite.

cin because QGJ sucks

Old Post Aug 27th, 2005 01:48 AM
Click here to Send Null ARC Avis a Private Message Find more posts by Null ARC Avis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

that is unfounded crap.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2005 01:51 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaster Mereel
That one boarder sith guy

Cin, seeing as he was the teacher of most of the Jedi and had more time to wield and practice.

Also, does anyone have any information on this guy other than wikipedia and stuff? I'd like to find some more pictures for a Jedi listing thing im starting on.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2005 01:51 AM
Click here to Send Jaster Mereel a Private Message Find more posts by Jaster Mereel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rand al'Thor
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by atlant80
cin because QGJ sucks

Well I would not say that Qui-Gon sucks, but Cin would take him in my opinon and Glentract please lay off atlant80 he is one of few new members here that shows promise.

Duty is heavier than a mountain death lighter than a feather.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2005 02:24 AM
Click here to Send Rand al'Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Rand al'Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Null ARC Avis
The best, the elite.

Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
that is unfounded crap.
is it? maul killed him easy. cin is also a great lightsaber duelist but i was to lazy to type that lol. anikan killing him was bs 1 day before anikans turn to the darkside cin would pwn him so...

Old Post Aug 27th, 2005 02:39 AM
Click here to Send Null ARC Avis a Private Message Find more posts by Null ARC Avis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Null ARC Avis
The best, the elite.

and cin can beat maul

Old Post Aug 27th, 2005 03:20 AM
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

Qui-gon was a Jedi Master. He was one of the main influences in the Stark Hyperspace War.

Let me get some quotes from starwars.com

"Were it not for Qui-Gon's unruly views, he would have undoubtedly been on the Jedi Council."

This says he was council material, while Cin doesn't seem to have unruly veiws like Qui-gon, allowing us to inffer Cin was not.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2005 03:55 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Null ARC Avis
The best, the elite.

[QUOTE=4850087]Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Qui-gon was a Jedi Master. He was one of the main influences in the Stark Hyperspace War.

Let me get some quotes from starwars.com

"Were it not for Qui-Gon's unruly views, he would have undoubtedly been on the Jedi Council."

This says he was council material, while Cin doesn't seem to have unruly veiws like Qui-gon, allowing us to inffer Cin was not.
[/QUOTE
it is also said cin abilities rival those on the council

Old Post Aug 27th, 2005 12:23 PM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

It does. He's listed in LOE as a potential danger to Grievious, I believe. Faunus mentioned it before on another post. So Cin has a reputation, if nothing else. And besides, like I said... Qui Gon Jinn is about 80% hype. He was a cool jedi and a bit of a rogue, but he was no master swordsman. His style was very sloppy, even I can see that much.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2005 01:52 PM
Null ARC Avis
The best, the elite.

janus thank you for always backing me up

Old Post Aug 27th, 2005 03:33 PM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

No need to thank me. I just call it as I see it.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2005 04:25 PM
joeyvermont
Restricted

Account Restricted

qui gon jinn's style may be sloppy but some of the best are sloppy such as yoda. Cin drallig was great but he was never good enough for qui gon, i mean qui gon was trained by dooku himself and had a much greater idea of what fighting dark jedi is all about

Old Post Aug 27th, 2005 08:38 PM
Click here to Send joeyvermont a Private Message Find more posts by joeyvermont Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote