KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » General Grevous(ROTS) Vs Assaj Ventress

General Grevous(ROTS) Vs Assaj Ventress
Started by: Lil Krueger

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The_God
LOOK AT SIG.

General Grevous(ROTS) Vs Assaj Ventress

Happy Dance

DID NOT POST KITTY THREAD...

Old Post Aug 8th, 2005 03:30 AM
Click here to Send The_God a Private Message Find more posts by The_God Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Achilles X
Restricted

Account Restricted

Impossible! A halfway decent thread from this noob? Can't be!!!

But my money's on Asajj, Grievous might be able to do something in lightsaber combat, but if Ventress uses any type of Force power, Grievous is done for.

"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do."- Bruce Lee

Old Post Aug 8th, 2005 03:48 AM
Click here to Send Achilles X a Private Message Find more posts by Achilles X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RaidenDeadpool
"Nerd maker funner of-er"

Assaj isn't anything special. Grievous.

The above image is not of Cyrax doing the "Charleston". It is of Deadpool disguised as Cyrax and mocking him by doing the "Charleston". That's just what he does...

Old Post Aug 8th, 2005 04:44 AM
Click here to Send RaidenDeadpool a Private Message Find more posts by RaidenDeadpool Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

They fought in the comics. Assaj (and Dirge) both got beaten.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2005 09:45 AM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

That's impressive when you consider Assajj is supposed to be pretty fekkin' badass according to Starwars.com, which states she has "perfected dual saber use". Also, she was about equal with Anakin and the brat had to use his anger to get an edge which didn't even kill her. She can survive more shit than a cockroach, I swear.

Am I the only one not sure why GG is a badass in the comics and blows in movie? Or is Obi-Wan just -that- good and no one wants to admit it?

Old Post Aug 8th, 2005 06:36 PM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

That's true. The GG movie sucks, but in the Cartoon, he could kill three or four Asajj's. That always kind of pissed me off.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2005 06:49 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

I think that GG was made to be a "hyped" character, and then Gl stepped in and he's like "WTF? Obi-Wan can pwn this n00b h4x00r... lol!!! SYSPH"

Old Post Aug 8th, 2005 06:56 PM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

Well, according to Count Dooku in LOE, who is Grievous' saber mentor, the General is incredibly skilled. However, while scolding him for seeming imperfections in his fighting style, the Count states that Grievous' greatest weapon and ally in combat is the element of surprise, along with fear and confusion. Without it, he would be destroyed. Then, the Sith Lord proceeds to name a few Jedi who would destroy the General if he didn't use these to his advantage; Obi-Wan was one of these Jedi, along with Cin Drallig, Mace Windu, and Yoda. Anakin was not. This may merely be the result of Dooku's determination not to acknowledge Anakin's growing power, but whatever. Proceeding. . . .

So, on Hypori, when a Jedi was killed in a split second by a mechanical fiend dropping onto his skull, Masters Ki-Adi-Mundi and Shaak Ti were stunned and confused, along with the other Jedi. They had never seen or heard of such a creature, and as a result, were sufficiently astounded, enough to give the droid General a victory against five Jedi. The same thing happened in LOE (I know, I use it a lot) when the General moves to capture the Chancellor. He uses a dramatic entrance combined with half a dozen of his towering elites to strike fear into the hearts of everyone present, thus ensuring a victory born of deception.

Anyway, as you saw in ROTS, Grievous has not a single one of these advantages on his side. IN fact, Obi-Wan has the advantage of surprise on his side, and although it does little to faze Grievous, it nullifies the General's advantages. It was only Grievous' arrogance and confidence that kept him in the duel. When he realized he had not a chance, and probably remembered Dooku's warning, he fled.

Hope that answers it sufficiently enough. Just a theory, but in my mind, a fitting one.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2005 07:03 PM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Windu
Well, according to Count Dooku in LOE, who is Grievous' saber mentor, the General is incredibly skilled. However, while scolding him for seeming imperfections in his fighting style, the Count states that Grievous' greatest weapon and ally in combat is the element of surprise, along with fear and confusion. Without it, he would be destroyed. Then, the Sith Lord proceeds to name a few Jedi who would destroy the General if he didn't use these to his advantage; Obi-Wan was one of these Jedi, along with Cin Drallig, Mace Windu, and Yoda. Anakin was not.

So, on Hypori, when a Jedi was killed in a split second by a mechanical fiend dropping onto his skull, Masters Ki-Adi-Mundi and Shaak Ti were stunned and confused, along with the other Jedi. They had never seen or heard of such a creature, and as a result, were sufficiently astounded, enough to give the droid General a victory against five Jedi. The same thing happened in LOE (I know, I use it a lot) when the General moves to capture the Chancellor. He uses a dramatic entrance combined with half a dozen of his towering elites to strike fear into the hearts of everyone present, thus ensuring a victory born of deception.

Anyway, as you saw in ROTS, Grievous has not a single one of these advantages on his side. IN fact, Obi-Wan has the advantage of surprise on his side, and although it does little to faze Grievous, it nullifies the General's advantages. It was only Grievous' arrogance and confidence that kept him in the duel. When he realized he had not a chance, and probably remembered Dooku's warning, he fled.

Hope that answers it sufficiently enough. Just a theory, but in my mind, a fitting one.

Your attention to detail is simply amazing. I wish I retained that much when I read novels. i'm probably forgetting a lot of things... Which is why I like to reread books when i get the chance. I mean, I totally forgot the name of the Force sensitive Mace fights in Shatterpoint, which is odd because he is named throughout the damn book.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2005 07:06 PM
Eminence
Boss

Kor Vastor?

Old Post Aug 8th, 2005 07:09 PM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

I had to think a moment before I replied...

Old Post Aug 8th, 2005 07:11 PM
Eminence
Boss

Lol. Well if you think that theory works, then it should solve most of our GG problems.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2005 07:14 PM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

I remember reading it to, I just needed a refresher. Yes, definately. GG's a surprise kinda guy. Makes me rethink Ki-Adi-Mundi, for sure.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2005 07:17 PM
Emperor Revan
Most Powerful Sith Lord

The General. Not only did he already defeat her and Durge, Force powers don't usually work on him. 5 Jedi at once lost and he has defeated many, many Jedi. Someone strong with the Force could do it, but not Asajj.

Thanks to Janus for the great Sig.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2005 07:38 PM
Click here to Send Emperor Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Emperor Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RaidenDeadpool

Whats LOE?

The above image is not of Cyrax doing the "Charleston". It is of Deadpool disguised as Cyrax and mocking him by doing the "Charleston". That's just what he does...

Old Post Aug 8th, 2005 07:47 PM
Click here to Send RaidenDeadpool a Private Message Find more posts by RaidenDeadpool Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

Okay now, that being said, I need to get to the point; the battle. Since GG isn't going to be in a position where he gets his advantages, he's going to be hard-pressed here, but he could pull it off.

General Grievous

- Cybernetically enhanced to the point where he is all but a super-powered droid.
- Has killed more than a dozen Jedi before, some without a lightsaber. (LOE, early Chapters, when he's thinking back on Geonosis)
- Capable of wielding six lightsabers simultaneously.
- Does not know fear.
- Trained by Dooku for more than a decade.
- Can adapt to his opponents fighting style.
- Trained in the seven forms of lightsaber combat.
- Uses an unorthodox tactic that has never been used before.
- Has faced off against Mace Windu.
- Defeated five Jedi simultaneously at Hypori.
- Killed four Jedi and four Red Guards in minutes when abducting Palpatine.

Assaj Ventress

- Trained by Count Dooku for a year or so.
- Has engaged Obi-Wan three or four times, and nearly killed him each encounter.
- Has engaged Anakin two or three times, the last requiring him to use all his anger and hatred to vanquish her.
- Has killed a team of five Jedi with the help of Durge, the one survivor being Kenobi.
- Killed a Jedi Master and literally disarmed a Padawan in single combat on a mission.
- Killed a Knight and wounded a couple of Padawans in a staged duel, although the victims were not aware of the plot.
- Has defeated Jedi Master Kit Fisto in single combat, nearly killing him.
- Fought Mace Windu and escaped.

Ventress has done some impressive things in her own right. But I think Grievous would have this. I reserve full judgement until I see more. . . well thought out opinions.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2005 07:47 PM
RaidenDeadpool

Grievous was only half trained so he could only do so much but he still wins. whats LOE? and where does it say he was trained for ten years?

Old Post Aug 8th, 2005 07:52 PM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Labyrinth of Evil... LOE

Old Post Aug 8th, 2005 07:54 PM
Eminence
Boss

M-Man, not to be rude, but I have no idea in hell what you just said.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2005 07:59 PM
RaidenDeadpool

Thanks but where doe's it say he was trained for ten years cause if he was trained for that long wouldn't he have put up a better fight?

Old Post Aug 8th, 2005 08:00 PM