KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Dooku, Obi Wan, and Anakin vs. Darth Sidious

Sidious or the Jedi?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Sids 9 28.13%
Jedi 9 28.13%
Jedi with Causalties 14 43.75%
Total: 32 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Dooku, Obi Wan, and Anakin vs. Darth Sidious
Started by: Darth Infidus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Overmaster
The Stranger

Dooku, Obi Wan, and Anakin vs. Darth Sidious

Fight takes place in room where Dooku fights Anakin, in beginning of Ep.III.

Dooku comes out, like he did in movie, but instead of saying, "Your swords please." and some other stuff after that. He says, "Palpatine is really the Sith Lord Darth Sidious! Get away from him!" Obi Wan and Anakin are confused at first, stare at Palpatine for a few seconds and then turn back and say, "We don't believe you Dooku." As you can imagine, Palpatine has a sort of a smirk, for the Jedi not believing him. Obi Wan and Anakin edge closer to Dooku, and Dooku begins stepping back,"You dont know what your doing, I only became his apprentice so I could find out his plans, what I told you on Geonosis wasn't a lie Obi Wan, I really do wish to destroy the Sith, but if I had attacked Sidious alone, I would have most assuredly lost. I asked for your help because of our link to Qui Gon. You MUST believe me."

After this, Obi Wan stares back at Palpatine, while Anakin stays looking at Dooku. Sidious begins to sense the conflict within Obi Wan, and uses the force to move his saber a little closer to his hand just in case. Obi Wan turns back to Dooku,"Why not just surrender, if you are telling the truth, then we will have the entire jedi order waiting to confront him on Courusant." "No! We must destroy him now, if he gets to Coursant, and even has a few hours in his office, he will activate Order 66 within the Clones. That order is for them to destroy the Jedi." Palpatine then begins to sense that Obi Wan is beginning to agree with Dooku, although he still doesnt fully trust him.

Palpatine/Sidious begins to contemplate killing Obi Wan and Anakin while their backs are turned then destroy Dooku, losing Anakin will be a serious loss, but if it means surviving and being able to pass on the sith legacy, it would need to be done. Besides, there are other force users out there, although none would have been as powerful as Anakin.

After several tense moments of edging Dooku back up the stairs, he suddenly leaps and lands abit behind Obi Wan, in a saber lock with Sids.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2005 05:47 PM
Click here to Send The Overmaster a Private Message Find more posts by The Overmaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Overmaster
The Stranger

Sids had intended to kill Obi and Anakin without incident, but Dooku caught him before he was able to do it. Anakin and Obi Wan take this as a sign that Dooku wasnt lying, and they rally behind him.

Sorry, ran outta space.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2005 05:49 PM
Click here to Send The Overmaster a Private Message Find more posts by The Overmaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Frobo
Jawa hairstylist..of doom

lets see this, anakin has more raw power extremely good saber technique more so then obi

dooku is quite possibly the greatest swordsman in the PT excluding yoda who was far superior to sids.

obi was damn awesome being extremely wise and powerful.

Sids is an overated coward who gets rocked.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2005 05:53 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Frobo a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Frobo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Somebody

Darth Frobo tends to exaggerate things - though I will agree with the part on Dooku. Sidious could take Obi-Wan and Anakin, definately, I think. But Dooku is a saber heavyweight. It is conceivable to declare that his saber skills are beyond Sidious's - it makes sense. Sidious's mastery of the Force is beyond all three of them - but the saber skills are important.

In the end - Sidious is killed. Dooku may very well be the only surviver.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2005 06:05 PM
Click here to Send Darth Somebody a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Somebody Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Somebody

I must say though. Why make this thread? Sidious - overall - is only a few inches more powerful than Dooku. Why add the others?

Old Post Aug 21st, 2005 06:06 PM
Click here to Send Darth Somebody a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Somebody Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Overmaster
The Stranger

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Somebody
I must say though. Why make this thread? Sidious - overall - is only a few inches more powerful than Dooku. Why add the others?

Because I wondered what would have happened in the fight if it had gone down like that.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2005 06:09 PM
Darth Somebody

I dunno. This fight seems odd to me. If Dooku can't reach Obi-Wan or Anakin in time - they will die. Sidious is the greater duelist compared to those two - and he obviously is the most powerful Force user in the room. However, he can't take Dooku, Obi-Wan, and Anakin at the same time, I think. Especially knowing Obi-Wan and Anakin fight very well as a team.

Sidious loses in the end. But it's hard to say how.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2005 06:12 PM
Darth_Frobo

while he's better then all of them individually remember that anakin and obi are a great team and are decorated war heroes who both became very powerful jedi masters, and dooku is a better swordsman.

that being said if it comes down to force powers sidious wins.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2005 06:14 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Frobo a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Frobo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Overmaster
The Stranger

I wouldnt say its total victory for the Jedi. Sids could very well just kill him right there and then when they break their lock. Or he could just force push him back, kill Anakin and Obi then obliterate Dooku.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2005 06:15 PM
Darth Somebody

No. As much as I am a Sidious fan and I do recognize that he is the most powerful individual in this duel - he would, in my opinion fall in the end. Dooku is conceivably - and rightly so - the better duelist. Obi-Wan and Anakin have their little advantages but they work exceptionally as a team.

Sidious may or may not kill Obi-Wan and Anakin. But I doubt he'd kill Dooku, simply because it would take too much time and that might allow Obi-Wan or Anakin - or both - to tip the odds.

Sidious loses. He may take Anakin or Obi-Wan with him, but I think Dooku will survive this. He may very well be the only one who does.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2005 06:17 PM
The Overmaster
The Stranger

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Somebody
I dunno. This fight seems odd to me. If Dooku can't reach Obi-Wan or Anakin in time - they will die. Sidious is the greater duelist compared to those two - and he obviously is the most powerful Force user in the room. However, he can't take Dooku, Obi-Wan, and Anakin at the same time, I think. Especially knowing Obi-Wan and Anakin fight very well as a team.

Sidious loses in the end. But it's hard to say how.

Read the story a little closer, Dooku jumps over Obi and Anakin, to stop a blow from Sids, who was gonna kill Obi.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2005 06:17 PM
The Overmaster
The Stranger

a little off topic, but was this a good vs?

Old Post Aug 21st, 2005 06:19 PM
Darth Somebody

Not really. It seems to be a bit one sided. Individually, Sidious is the best here. But Dooku is one HELL of a Sith Lord - and Sidious is only a few inches better than he is. Obi-Wan and Anakin can range from mere distractions - or a severe threat - should circumstances favor them.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2005 06:21 PM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Dooku alone could take Sidious so throw in Anakin and Obi-Wan and you have a dead Emperor but Anakin and/or Obi-Wan might get killed.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2005 06:24 PM
Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Somebody

No. I really doubt Count Dooku would defeat Sidious. He'd give him hell, but no. In the end - I believe - Sidious would defeat him through his superior Force connection, Raw power, and Force mastery.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2005 06:29 PM
Darth_Frobo

In a saber duel which is probably what would happen dooku pwns.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2005 06:47 PM
Darth Somebody

In a lightsaber duel. People often admit that Sidious has the advantage in Force-powers, but also claim that "Dooku would never let a Force battle happen". If there is anyone adept at manipulating events - yes, including battles - it is Sidious. Sidious might not let Dooku engage him in a lightsaber duel. Ever think about that?

He might employ the same tactics he used with Yoda. In such a case, Sidious is guarenteed victory.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2005 06:51 PM
Nai
Advocatus Diaboli

Errr....

Dooku alone is too much for Sidious in a lightsaber duel. Throwing in Anakin and Obi-Wan is total overkill. And who should Sidious kill ?

He can't hold long time against Anakin because Anakins sheer physical strength would be too much for Sidious to handle.

He is probably not able to get through Obi-Wans defences since he won't be able to use his force powers here.

And Dooku - as I said - would be able to kill him in a lightsaber fight on his own.

Conclusion: Sidious gets his ass kicked badly.

"Dear God, what is it like in your funny little brains?"

Old Post Aug 21st, 2005 07:09 PM
Click here to Send Nai a Private Message Find more posts by Nai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

Tsk. A mediocre thread, to say the least.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2005 07:12 PM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Somebody

Pardon, but is there some place that states Sidious can't use his Force powers? His mastery of the Force is greater than Dooku's, Obi-Wan's, or Anakin's. He's leagues above the latter two - and above even Dooku's.

1. Yoda told Obi-Wan, "strong enough to defeat Sidious, you are not." So no, Nai. Sidious would probably own Obi-Wan. Which means he could own Anakin.

2. Sidious would lose, indeed. But he would probably take one or two with him.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2005 11:05 PM