KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Obi-Wan runs the Gauntlet

Obi-Wan runs the Gauntlet
Started by: Se7in

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Se7in

Obi-Wan runs the Gauntlet

This is ROTS Obi-Wan and he can use either experienced Ataru or mastered Soresu.

All fights take place in the Geonosian Arena.

Obi-Wan gets a 3-hour resting period between each fight.

Easy Levels:

1. Zett Jukassa
2. Jango Fett
3. Coleman Trebor

Medium Levels:

4. Barris Offee
5. Aayla Secura

Hard Levels:

6. Kit Fisto
7. (ROTS) Anakin Skywalker and Qui-Gon Jinn.

Can he do it, and if not, how far does he get?

Old Post Nov 16th, 2005 10:20 PM
Click here to Send Se7in a Private Message Find more posts by Se7in Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kon-El
Last Son of the Sith

lol, jango is easier than Barris? He goes up to 7 and gets manhandled by the two.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2005 10:23 PM
Click here to Send General Kon-El a Private Message Find more posts by General Kon-El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Se7in

I think so. I mean Jango was only able to challenge Obi with the help of his son in the Slave IV. Plus, Obi was trying to capture him, not kill him. Luminara was said to be a Soresu master with physical abilities which boosted her fighting skills.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2005 10:26 PM
Click here to Send Se7in a Private Message Find more posts by Se7in Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

He makes it to Ani and Qui-Gon.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2005 10:28 PM
Click here to Send darthsith19 a Private Message Find more posts by darthsith19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Re: Obi-Wan runs the Gauntlet

Easy Levels:

1. Zett Jukassa
2. Jango Fett
3. Coleman Trebor

Zett would take seconds. No padawan of that age can contend with a war-seasoned Jedi Master.

jango Fett is a bigger threat than Barriss Offee, but since Obi-Wan isn't pulling any punches I say he takes Fett with much less effort.

Coleman Trebor may very well be a decent fighter but his defense apparently sucks so I give him a good five minutes.

Medium Levels:

4. Barris Offee
5. Aayla Secura

Barriss was barely a knight before she died but her dedication to Form III might make her last longer against Obi-Wan than usual. Nonetheless, he is more experienced and crafty, and she will go down. Aayla will be a bit tougher, but not much.

Hard Levels:

6. Kit Fisto
7. (ROTS) Anakin Skywalker and Qui-Gon Jinn.

Kit Fisto would be close, but not nearly as close as it was in The Cestus Deception. Meanwhile, Annie and Qui-Gon will probably kill Obi-Wan unless he can manage to separate them.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2005 10:28 PM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Se7in
I think so. I mean Jango was only able to challenge Obi with the help of his son in the Slave IV. Plus, Obi was trying to capture him, not kill him. Luminara was said to be a Soresu master with physical abilities which boosted her fighting skills.

Luminara? You said Bariss before.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2005 10:32 PM
Click here to Send darthsith19 a Private Message Find more posts by darthsith19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Se7in

lol I'm an idiot, but Barriss was the apprentice of Luminara, so it is only logical she shares the same fighting style. While she may not be as strong, I think she could take Jango.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2005 12:48 AM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Ani and Qui-Gon (both using offensive forms) would be Obi's downfall

Old Post Nov 17th, 2005 12:53 AM
Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Illustrious
Sans Pareil

Obi-Wan dies against the final duo if the two have any sense of collusion. Though it does seem like Anakin respected and admired Qui-Gon more than anyone else.

If Anakin decides to be stupid though, they lose.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2005 01:19 AM
Click here to Send Illustrious a Private Message Find more posts by Illustrious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

Re: Obi-Wan runs the Gauntlet

quote:

1. Zett Jukassa
2. Jango Fett
3. Coleman Trebor

Zett Jukassa takes, as Janus said, seconds. While the Padawan may be able to hold his own against a few clones, he'll go down rather quickly against the Jedi Master. Jango Fett, while deadly, is going to find himself scorched by his own reflected blaster fire. And Trebor, well, he may be a decent duelist, but he too will fall soon into the battle against someone like Obi-Wan.

quote:
4. Barris Offee
5. Aayla Secura

Barris, due to her proficiency with Soresu, may take a minute or two more than some others, but she's really not a challenge for a seasoned warrior who''s mastered Soresu. Aayla won't be much of a challenge, either.

quote:
6. Kit Fisto
7. (ROTS) Anakin Skywalker and Qui-Gon Jinn

This is where the fun begins. Kit Fisto would be a considerable challenge for Obi-Wan. He may no longer be Kenobi's superior, but he's damn close to his level. Obi-Wan would, after several minutes of dueling, bring down the Nautolan. Although it would be amazingly more difficult than any of his past battles.

I say he actually has a chance at #7. While Qui-Gon was able to break Maul's defenses twice, and Anakin leanded several blows, even a choke, Obi-Wan won't be easy to overcome, even to these aggressive fighters. They might be able to work well together, but if Obi-Wan can hold them off, he might be able to exploit a weakness in his former Master's form. In all honesty, I think he'll be brought down by Anakin. But if he can take out Qui-Gon, I'd say he has a chance.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2005 08:37 PM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote