KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Ragnos versus Dark Next Luke

Ragnos versus Dark Next Luke
Started by: Ianus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Question Ragnos versus Dark Next Luke

Neutral setting. No element of surprise or significant advantage for either party. Ragnos is hefting a large sword like Sadow's and his Sceptre. Luke has a pair of lightsabers.

Who wins?

Old Post Nov 27th, 2005 08:02 PM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Se7in

Who is Dark Next Luke?

Old Post Nov 27th, 2005 08:04 PM
Click here to Send Se7in a Private Message Find more posts by Se7in Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

I believe he means Dark Nest Luke. It's post-NJO Luke.

And actually, this would be a titanic battle. I'm leaning towards the Skywalker, although the most likely outcome is that the two use some Maxi-Uber Force attack and decimate a solar system or four.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2005 08:12 PM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Oh snap.... zee typo!

And I did this to see how high Dark Nest Skywalker stacks up.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2005 08:18 PM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Illustrious
Sans Pareil

I'd need to know more about Dark Nest Luke.

And any reasons for that opinion Faunus?

Old Post Nov 27th, 2005 08:19 PM
Click here to Send Illustrious a Private Message Find more posts by Illustrious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Null ARC Avis
The best, the elite.

Glentract, who has read Dark Nest says luke is pretty weak. around mace.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2005 08:24 PM
Click here to Send Null ARC Avis a Private Message Find more posts by Null ARC Avis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

Me? Not particularly. All we have to go on for Ragnos is assumptions. And I personally doubt that I will ever read one of the Dark Nest books, considering the author(s) stacked up more bull**** than that pile in Jurassic Park.

It's more of a gut instinct. In all honesty, I doubt that either will walk out of this alive. Even if defeated, that little thing called 'heroism' would compel Luke to commit some form of dramatic, Force-induced suicide in an attempt to take out Ragnos.

As for the said Sith Lord, I don't see him allowing anyone to defeat him and live to tell about it. And considering the power that Tavion was able to amass with the scepter, the power it would possess in the hands of Marka Ragnos would be incomprehensible.

In a nutshell, I just think this battle would rage for a few hours, then result in half the galaxy being blown into oblivion.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2005 08:28 PM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Avis
Glentract, who has read Dark Nest says luke is pretty weak. around mace.

The phase 'hell no' comes to mind. Luke, from a page of Dark Nest that I have read, can manage to teleport Mara Jade's starship. Mace Windu's level? I think not.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2005 08:36 PM
Null ARC Avis
The best, the elite.

hmm? Hey im just speaking Glentracts words.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2005 08:37 PM
Click here to Send Null ARC Avis a Private Message Find more posts by Null ARC Avis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

A link, please?

Old Post Nov 27th, 2005 08:38 PM
Null ARC Avis
The best, the elite.

Janus can you remember where it is. Remember: weak pill

Old Post Nov 27th, 2005 08:41 PM
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

Originally posted by Darth Faunus
The phase 'hell no' comes to mind. Luke, from a page of Dark Nest that I have read, can manage to teleport Mara Jade's starship. Mace Windu's level? I think not.

Luke didn't transport Mara's ship. He created an illusion of Mara's ship and then cloaked the real one, getting their enemies to follow the illusion ship. Impressive, but afterwards Luke was extremely drained. He said he felt he was starting to look like Sidious.

Luke also had a lot of difficulty against Lomi and Welk. They really aren't very powerful, definately weaker than the Slayers Luke took in TUF.

Also, I've only read the first two, the next one comes out late December. I believe we will get to see a more powerful Luke in this next book.

For this thread, I would say that Luke loses to Marka. Legacy of the Force Luke may be more powerful than Ragnos, but DN Luke has shown powers weaker than those he showed 5 years prior in NJO.

Like Avis said that I said, in DN, Luke's power(definately in lightsaber skill) is around that of Mace's. Seeing as he was probably holding back(maybe in fear of going to the Darkside) and that is doesn't make any sense that he would have gotten weaker, I would place DN Luke a little above Exar, but maybe even with Nadd or Kressh.

So basically, Ragnos still reigns supreme over all except Sekot(which is unfair because he is a living planet).

Old Post Nov 27th, 2005 09:13 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

You think Luke has reached past his prime? Or could the kaiburr crystal be wearing off?

Old Post Nov 27th, 2005 09:26 PM
Lucius
Unknown

There are to many damn Lukes.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2005 09:39 PM
Click here to Send Lucius a Private Message Find more posts by Lucius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Illustrious
Sans Pareil

Originally posted by Darth Faunus
Me? Not particularly. All we have to go on for Ragnos is assumptions. And I personally doubt that I will ever read one of the Dark Nest books, considering the author(s) stacked up more bull**** than that pile in Jurassic Park.

It's more of a gut instinct. In all honesty, I doubt that either will walk out of this alive. Even if defeated, that little thing called 'heroism' would compel Luke to commit some form of dramatic, Force-induced suicide in an attempt to take out Ragnos.

As for the said Sith Lord, I don't see him allowing anyone to defeat him and live to tell about it. And considering the power that Tavion was able to amass with the scepter, the power it would possess in the hands of Marka Ragnos would be incomprehensible.

In a nutshell, I just think this battle would rage for a few hours, then result in half the galaxy being blown into oblivion.

Exactly, all we do have for Ragnos is assumptions, but all the assumptions we have indicate he's way up there in power. I think it's just plain unfair for anything to be compared to Ragnos, for both parties. Ragnos can either by a bit stronger than Sadow and Kressh, or he can be some titan amongst the godlike Sith, it's just tough to make the comparison right now.

Now, NJO Luke is way overpowered, now if they make him even stronger, it's conceivable he be up their with Ragnos if you assume him at the weaker end of the conceivable spectrum, but we have no idea just the true depth of Ragnos' power.

Like you said, if Tavion could amass that kind of power with Ragnos' scepter, it's nearly inconceivable what the high end of his abilities are.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2005 09:51 PM
Click here to Send Illustrious a Private Message Find more posts by Illustrious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IKC
Antediluvian

And here I thought I had dispelled some of the illusions we had on the ancient Sith.

I've not much time at the moment, so I'll talk about Ragnos' scepter...from a video game:

Exactly how does this scepter make Ragnos himself powerful? How is this scepter any different in concept from Naga Sadow's starship? Can you be certain it was Tavion who amassed power with it? If so, why was Tavion defeated by a newly-knighted Jedi?

The scepter, in my opinion, is a weapon just like Sadow's ship was. It's not indicative of its creator's force power.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2005 10:02 PM
Click here to Send IKC a Private Message Find more posts by IKC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Illustrious
Sans Pareil

Originally posted by IKC
And here I thought I had dispelled some of the illusions we had on the ancient Sith.

I've not much time at the moment, so I'll talk about Ragnos' scepter...from a video game:

Exactly how does this scepter make Ragnos himself powerful? How is this scepter any different in concept from Naga Sadow's starship? Can you be certain it was Tavion who amassed power with it? If so, why was Tavion defeated by a newly-knighted Jedi?

The scepter, in my opinion, is a weapon just like Sadow's ship was. It's not indicative of its creator's force power.

Substantiate.

Again you have no ability of doing so besides more hypotheticals. Again, you're attempting to debate a negative instead of substantiate a positive. Pick up a course in debate. We don't have solid evidence of Ragnos's ability. We do have the author telling us his capacity, and from the capacity, we can tell -- definitively like the sky is blue or yoda is green -- that he is ridiculously powerful.

You don't even own Golden Age of the Sith, I suggest you grab it.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2005 10:08 PM
Revenant

Id say ragnos wins aswell, as illustrious already said, we have nothing specific about ragnos power, only that he was unbelievably powerful...

Old Post Nov 28th, 2005 06:19 PM
Click here to Send Revenant a Private Message Find more posts by Revenant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dush khan Mabeo
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Luke didn't transport Mara's ship. He created an illusion of Mara's ship and then cloaked the real one, getting their enemies to follow the illusion ship. Impressive, but afterwards Luke was extremely drained. He said he felt he was starting to look like Sidious.

Luke also had a lot of difficulty against Lomi and Welk. They really aren't very powerful, definately weaker than the Slayers Luke took in TUF.

Also, I've only read the first two, the next one comes out late December. I believe we will get to see a more powerful Luke in this next book.

For this thread, I would say that Luke loses to Marka. Legacy of the Force Luke may be more powerful than Ragnos, but DN Luke has shown powers weaker than those he showed 5 years prior in NJO.

Like Avis said that I said, in DN, Luke's power(definately in lightsaber skill) is around that of Mace's. Seeing as he was probably holding back(maybe in fear of going to the Darkside) and that is doesn't make any sense that he would have gotten weaker, I would place DN Luke a little above Exar, but maybe even with Nadd or Kressh.

So basically, Ragnos still reigns supreme over all except Sekot(which is unfair because he is a living planet).

DNLuke above Exar????You just said he's weaker here than in NJO, and there he was barely a match for Exar's ghost!!!On the rest, I agree, including that he is even with Ludo and Freedon.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2005 08:11 PM
Click here to Send Dush khan Mabeo a Private Message Find more posts by Dush khan Mabeo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
overlord
OD'd

Luke is getting stronger by the book, eh?
Wonder how long it will take before SW fans kill the writer/s or till Lucas puts a stop to it personally.

backwards, forwards, backwards, forwards

Old Post Nov 28th, 2005 08:16 PM
Click here to Send overlord a Private Message Find more posts by overlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote