KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » AOTC Anakin vs ROTJ Luke

AOTC Anakin vs ROTJ Luke
Started by: vpokdekjyafmidp

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
~Flamboyant~
Out of my element

AOTC Anakin vs ROTJ Luke

settingis in the death star

its

padawan vs padawan
accomplished and skilled padawan vs non skilled padawan with barely any accomplishements, however with lots of fans

aotc anakin wins

I love you IceJaw for making me the sig!

Old Post Feb 27th, 2006 03:16 AM
Click here to Send ~Flamboyant~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Flamboyant~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Anakin, definitely.

Dooku may have been toying with him, but it cannot be said that Anakin was a terrible swordsman.

Originally, George was going to have Anakin nick Dooku in a sort of 'Luke hitting Vader's shoulder' fashion.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2006 03:43 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

Anakin would oWn. Even in AOTC he was a better swordsman then his own master.

All Luke was a master of in ROTJ was the 00ber 1337 'Ninja Scream'...

Luke would get owned in a matter of seconds by AOTC Annie. If Anakin would hang with Dooku (one of THE best swordsman in the galaxy) for a good time, then Luke stands absolutely no chance. Plus Anakin has more force potential, and had spent roughly 10-11 years learning how to use it, as well as spent that time practicing a REAL lightsaber style and had got pretty damn good at it.

Anakin WTFpwns.

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Feb 27th, 2006 06:52 AM
Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Though, Dooku was pretty much toying with him...

Old Post Feb 27th, 2006 06:54 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

Perhaps, there were a few incidences where Dooku looked a bit surprised at Anakin's skill though.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2006 07:31 AM
Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Fair enough.

As I said, originally Anakin was going to nick him somehow. But, seeing as Dooku isn't wearing armor...not really possible.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2006 07:57 AM
Darth Callous
Mitsu Racer Honda Hater

This fight is wierd for the fact that Luke is older than his father.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2006 08:09 AM
Click here to Send Darth Callous a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Callous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

Doesn't really matter though, Luke would get Pwned.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Feb 27th, 2006 11:50 AM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~Flamboyant~
Out of my element

where are the luke fanboys?

I love you IceJaw for making me the sig!

Old Post Feb 27th, 2006 11:55 AM
Click here to Send ~Flamboyant~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Flamboyant~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

This fight is wierd for the fact that Luke is older than his father

Anakin was 19 in AOTC, Luke is 22 or so in ROTJ. Still a weird situation, but Anakin's not quite older.

Luke takes Anakin. Anakin didn't necessarily have more force potential. Now, he probably did, but there is nothing that says that Luke could have a greater potential.

Anakin has more training, but Luke was trained to be a weapon and was trained much more quickly. Do you really think Obi-wan had Anakin using the force to hold objects in the air within a day or two of beginning his training? Why do you think Obi-wan and Yoda didn't tell Luke about his father? Because Luke was in training to be weapon against Vader and the Emperor.

There also is zero proof that Vader faked the fight with Luke in ROTJ. For most of the fight, in the beginning parts, Luke was holding back as he didn't want to fight Vader, but he actually wanted to turn him back to the Lightside of the Force. Why would Vader want to turn Luke to the Darkside at that time? If he did so, he would die. We know Vader didn't want to die, but instead kill the Emperor. He couldn't do that if he was dead.

Luke wins.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2006 07:33 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Swirly Girl
Antediluvian

Zero proof? You have no understanding of emotion...

Anakin takes this with minimal ease.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2006 07:35 PM
Click here to Send Swirly Girl a Private Message Find more posts by Swirly Girl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

Actually Vader talks about turning Luke to the dark side and overthrowing the Emperor only moments before he arrives at the death star at the start of ROTJ. I doubt his opinion changed in days, when it couldn't in months. Also Luke may have trained faster then others because of the time, but still days don't make up for years.

(please log in to view the image)

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Feb 27th, 2006 07:38 PM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

How would letting Luke defeat/possibly kill him during the fight accomplish that though?

Old Post Feb 27th, 2006 07:40 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

The "zOMG!!11 luke is teh 1337 00ber jedi and he pWns J00 n00b!!111 LOLZzz!!" fanboys always amuse me.

Anakin takes this while having sex with Padme at the same time.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2006 07:42 PM
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

Is me saying that Luke defeat whiny little Anakin me calling Luke an uber jedi? I think not.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2006 07:43 PM
Fishy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
How would letting Luke defeat/possibly kill him during the fight accomplish that though?

Because being defeaten in a fight doesn't mean you die... He wanted Luke to give in to his anger when he has done that, he is stopped and bam you have a new Dark Side apprentice.

Vader probably for some reason figured the rule of two would be over from that moment one because the Sith had already won, Dooku believed it would end soon enough too when he was still in command of the seperatist army's... He really didn't expect to die, just hoped to get Luke angry enough to turn him to the Dark Side.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Feb 27th, 2006 07:45 PM
Ermac_Master
Ninja

Really, how would letting Luke win accomplish anything? It wouldn't. Luke is good, or Vader is an idiot. You pick. I'm a fanboy? Phh. People like you amuse me. Luke hater.

(@:Anomaly.)

Last edited by Ermac_Master on Feb 27th, 2006 at 07:47 PM

Old Post Feb 27th, 2006 07:45 PM
Click here to Send Ermac_Master a Private Message Find more posts by Ermac_Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

Have you even read my post?

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Feb 27th, 2006 07:46 PM
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Is me saying that Luke defeat whiny little Anakin me calling Luke an uber jedi? I think not.

10 years of lightsaber/ force training, with more raw force potential. vs. 6 months of force training and no lightsaber training at all..

Anakin WTFpwns.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2006 07:46 PM
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

10 years of lightsaber/ force training

Luke has 6 months of training, but we saw that Luke was doing things in the first day or two that Anakin wouldn't have been doing for weeks, if not months(lifting mutiple objects with the force at the same time). We also know that Luke was trained to be a weapon to defeat Vader and the Emperor. Anakin was trained to keep the peace.

with more raw force potential.

A totally unproven assumption. Why couldn't Luke have more force potential then Anakin?

and no lightsaber training at all..

Luke began training with a lightsaber in the first hour or two of his training. Luke continued to train at Ben's house for months after that. Luke has also engaged in more real lightsaber duels then Anakin and is more experince in that department.

Random side note, Luke has the Kaiburr crystal, which increases his force power by a little.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2006 07:56 PM