KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Obi-Wan Kenobi (ROTS) vs Palpatine (ROTS)

Obi-Wan Kenobi (ROTS) vs Palpatine (ROTS)
Started by: Gamblor

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Generic Hero
KGB

Obi-Wan Kenobi (ROTS) vs Palpatine (ROTS)

Sabers only...

Old Post Mar 14th, 2006 08:50 PM
Click here to Send Generic Hero a Private Message Find more posts by Generic Hero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zephiel7

Sabers only.

Obi Wan. With Soresu he is basically THE Jedi wall. Sidious I think uses Ataru does he not? Ben would just tire him out and then decapitate him.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2006 08:51 PM
Click here to Send zephiel7 a Private Message Find more posts by zephiel7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Generic Hero
KGB

I don't think anyone has broken his guard when he was a Soresu master... but I think Sidious might be able to do it. Sidious pwns with force powers though.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2006 08:54 PM
Click here to Send Generic Hero a Private Message Find more posts by Generic Hero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zephiel7

Of course. But saber only I am leaning more to Ben's side.

He defended against Grievous who was wailing on him with six lightsabers. Ben definately isn't a pushover (*cough* Anakin *cough*)

Last edited by zephiel7 on Mar 14th, 2006 at 09:07 PM

Old Post Mar 14th, 2006 09:00 PM
Click here to Send zephiel7 a Private Message Find more posts by zephiel7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

Sidious, with some difficulty. Considering he wiped out three Jedi Masters in seconds, one who rivaled Obi-Wan himself, I don't see him losing this. Kenobi would give him hell with his Soresu mastery, but I don't see him actually winning.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2006 09:15 PM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

quote: (post)
Originally posted by zephiel7
Of course. But saber only I am leaning more to Ben's side.

He defended against Grievous who was wailing on him with six lightsabers. Ben definately isn't a pushover (*cough* Anakin *cough*)

Four, unless Grievous suddenly sprouted a pair of invisible limbs and sabers. . .

Old Post Mar 14th, 2006 09:16 PM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zephiel7

Originally posted by Faunus
Four, unless Grievous suddenly sprouted a pair of invisible limbs and sabers. . .

Sorry, thought Vishnu for a second

Old Post Mar 14th, 2006 09:20 PM
Darth_Frobo
Jawa hairstylist..of doom

Sidious, though not by much, he was able to destroy three of the council's most powerful masters, he's the dark side equivelant(well he's not equal but he's quite close to) Yoda, who in fact told obi-won himself that he couldn't stand up to sids.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2006 09:25 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Frobo a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Frobo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

Sorry, thought Vishnu for a second

Vishnu's very rarely depicted with six arms; the more common depiction of him - and the other two of the Hindu triad - is with four.

zOMG! A-q-ruh-c!

Old Post Mar 14th, 2006 09:30 PM
zephiel7

Vishnu pwns joo!

Old Post Mar 14th, 2006 09:37 PM
tdtd
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think what Yoda told Obiwan implied that overall Obi Wan will never be powerful enough to defeat Sidious. However judging by the saber abilities I would say Obiwan could take this. Sidious didn't exactly impress me with his saber abilities, I'd think even Anakin could take him..

Facts, the Anti Fanboy solution

Old Post Mar 14th, 2006 10:01 PM
Click here to Send tdtd a Private Message Find more posts by tdtd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

I think Sidious takes this. Kit was about as good as Obi-wan and Sidious killed him in seconds. Obi-wan will last longer the Kit, I think, but he doesn't stand a chance of winning.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2006 10:03 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Frobo

If that's the case how does yoda(a much much better swordsman then obi-won) not chop sidious into kibble n bits? Sidious even had dooku(who in my opinion would wreck obi in a fight) subservient to him. To be fair even if you're not a sidious fan he either beat(some would say survived) a dual with yoda who's far better, killed three jedi masters all rivaling obi in skill in a blink and had dooku, arguably superior to obi subservient to him.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2006 10:10 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Frobo a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Frobo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tdtd
Restricted

Account Restricted

Dooku is a better duelist than Sidious. Yoda is a better duelist than Dooku. I retract my previous statement. I was thinking that obiwan beat anakin, anakin can beat Sidious, so Obiwan can beat Sidious, but that argument is obviously faulty.. Sidious would take Obiwan in a hard fight.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2006 10:18 PM
Click here to Send tdtd a Private Message Find more posts by tdtd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

Vishnu pwns joo!

Teh Chakra pwns u!

Old Post Mar 14th, 2006 10:31 PM
Darth_Frobo

is that sarcasm? To be fair sidious pwned yoda who pwned dooku who got rocked by anakin whose equal in all but intelligence to obi, so sidious>yoda>ob1

Old Post Mar 14th, 2006 11:05 PM
tdtd
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sidious didn't pwn Yoda. Sidious and Yoda stalemated with Sidious having the upper ground the whole fight, so logically if it was on the same level, Yoda would have beaten Sidious. And actually Yoda was winning at the end of the fight, as you see Sidious and his "Oh shit im screwed" look. Yoda didn't pwn Dooku but he would have, and Dooku is a far better duelist than Sidious.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2006 11:13 PM
NK-Syndrome
Nonexistant

Originally posted by tdtd
Sidious didn't pwn Yoda. Sidious and Yoda stalemated with Sidious having the upper ground the whole fight, so logically if it was on the same level, Yoda would have beaten Sidious. And actually Yoda was winning at the end of the fight, as you see Sidious and his "Oh shit im screwed" look. Yoda didn't pwn Dooku but he would have, and Dooku is a far better duelist than Sidious.

Indeed.

And Zephiel, Sidious uses Niman.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2006 11:17 PM
Click here to Send NK-Syndrome a Private Message Find more posts by NK-Syndrome Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Frobo

scratch that

Last edited by Darth_Frobo on Mar 14th, 2006 at 11:26 PM

Old Post Mar 14th, 2006 11:20 PM
Darth_Frobo

Truth be told, Even if yoda is more powerful, dooku isn't he would have tried to usurp the sith if he was, end of story. As for yoda, sidious outsmarted him and used his ressources to his advantage better then yoda, in the end he caught a lucky break but again it doesn't matter as this is a saber dual not a force power dual.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2006 11:25 PM