KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Jerec versus Anakin (ROTS)

Jerec versus Anakin (ROTS)
Started by: SnakeEyes

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Jerec versus Anakin (ROTS)

Who would prevail?

The contenders:

Anakin (after he turns to the Dark Side in ROTS)

versus

Jerec (as seen in Jedi Knight)

Setting: Kashyyyk Jungle

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Mar 19th, 2006 06:27 PM
Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

I'd say Anakin, Kyle did this in NJO, right? And Anakin's about even with Kyle, imo. Plus this is a weaker version of Jerec than the one Kyle killed. So Anakin wins.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2006 07:37 PM
Click here to Send darthsith19 a Private Message Find more posts by darthsith19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

From what I have heard about Jerec, he would take Anakin.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2006 08:09 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

I doubt it, Palpatine chose Mechanical Vader as his apprentice over Jerec which means Vader's more powerful. And that's a stronger version of Jedi Knight Jerec. And ROTS Anakin > Mechanical Vader

Old Post Mar 20th, 2006 01:46 AM
Click here to Send darthsith19 a Private Message Find more posts by darthsith19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
reborn_213
Scruffy Nerf Herder

I agree with your result, but not your equation, DarthSith.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2006 01:52 AM
Click here to Send reborn_213 a Private Message Find more posts by reborn_213 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

What part don't you agree about?

Old Post Mar 20th, 2006 02:12 AM
reborn_213
Scruffy Nerf Herder

ROTS Vader over Mech Vader.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2006 12:51 PM
Click here to Send reborn_213 a Private Message Find more posts by reborn_213 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NK-Syndrome
Nonexistant

He was stronger, wtf are you talking about?

Old Post Mar 20th, 2006 12:52 PM
Click here to Send NK-Syndrome a Private Message Find more posts by NK-Syndrome Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
reborn_213
Scruffy Nerf Herder

Vader has shown to be a good man with a lightsaber and his growth in the force since the PT days is considerable. He has learned a lot from the Emperor and from the files that were newly available to him in the Jedi Temple. He has grown a lot more than he has been crippled.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2006 01:23 PM
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

Lucas says OT Vader is a shell of what he used to be. he said in ROTS we see Vader in his prime. It says in Shadows of the Emperor than Vader wished that someday he would be the man he once was, physically. Lucas says after donning the suit that Vader is never again as strong as the Emperor. ROTS shows Anakin with suberb speed and excellent saber skills, killing Count Dooku while the OT shows Vader getting all emotional and losing to Luke.

ROTS Anakin was more powerful than OT Vader. Get over it.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2006 02:49 PM
reborn_213
Scruffy Nerf Herder

Physically, he's not the same, I know. He is less agile, but a Hell of a lot stronger. Vaders saber style uses his strength to his advantage (let me remind you that he was pretty quick in ESB and ROTJ). His growth in force powers more than makes up for his loss of agility, Hell, his increase in physical strength almost makes up for it alone.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2006 07:51 PM
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Bump

Old Post Mar 21st, 2006 12:53 AM
Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jollyjim311
Physically, he's not the same, I know. He is less agile, but a Hell of a lot stronger. Vaders saber style uses his strength to his advantage (let me remind you that he was pretty quick in ESB and ROTJ). His growth in force powers more than makes up for his loss of agility, Hell, his increase in physical strength almost makes up for it alone.

Increase in physical strength? Okay, so he can pick up a man with one arm, big deal. ROTS Anakin must have been strong enough to do that anyway. He's not exactly weak in ROTS, you know. Yeah, he wasn't that slow in ESB but nowhere near as fast as Anakin, if Anakin fought him he'd be far to slow to block Anakin's attacks. Growth in Force Powers? What growth? At the most his and ROTS Anakin's are even. I never saw OT Vader do anything with the Force that ROTS Anakin couldn't have.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2006 03:03 PM
Sesse
Jedi Ghost

His powers should increase as he learns from his new master.

"My powers have doubled since the last time we met Dooku!"

Old Post Mar 21st, 2006 04:05 PM
Click here to Send Sesse a Private Message Find more posts by Sesse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

He also said Obi Wan was as wise as Yoda and as good with a lightsaber as Mace in AOTC, did you any of that when he fought Dooku? Because I sure as hell didn't.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Mar 21st, 2006 04:09 PM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PurpleSaber
Vaapad Master

quote: (post)
Originally posted by darthsith19
I doubt it, Palpatine chose Mechanical Vader as his apprentice over Jerec which means Vader's more powerful. And that's a stronger version of Jedi Knight Jerec. And ROTS Anakin > Mechanical Vader

Agreed.

I'm so proud of myself. I made my own sig! stick out tongue

Old Post Mar 21st, 2006 10:50 PM
Click here to Send PurpleSaber a Private Message Find more posts by PurpleSaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Okay, cut the childish random bickering... stick out tongue

I would have to say Anakin, unless this is Jerec powered by the Valley of the Jedi.

And no, Darthsith19...this is 5 years after ROTJ. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Jerec was an Emperor's Hand and quite powerful in his own right, but I do not see him being up to Vader's level. If an Emperor's Hand could beat Vader, Palpatine would have replaced Vader.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2006 12:14 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IKC
Antediluvian

That and Jerec's lightsaber skills are probably not up to snuff, given he got his ass cut in half by a dude who found his 'saber in a garage a short time before.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2006 12:18 AM
Click here to Send IKC a Private Message Find more posts by IKC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

lol, nice way of putting it. ^

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2006 12:20 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Indeedy. Though, Kyle at that point was also experiencing power from the Valley, since they were both in there.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2006 12:20 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote