KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Qui-Gon vs. Cin Drallig

Who wins in this Titanic battle
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Cin 11 52.38%
Qui-Gon 10 47.62%
Total: 21 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Qui-Gon vs. Cin Drallig
Started by: Hokage Yoda

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Hokage Yoda
Restricted

Account Restricted

Qui-Gon vs. Cin Drallig

Who Wins this battle takes place in the Theed Palace

Old Post May 15th, 2006 09:22 PM
Click here to Send Hokage Yoda a Private Message Find more posts by Hokage Yoda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DePWNZOR

Qui Gon easily. Cin died in less that 2 seconds to Anakin.

Old Post May 15th, 2006 09:30 PM
Click here to Send DePWNZOR a Private Message Find more posts by DePWNZOR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Generic Hero
KGB

Uh huh. From what we saw, Cin tied up Anakin for much longer than 10 seconds. And the fight wasn't even resolved.

Cin could beat Grievous. I say he takes Jinn.

Last edited by Generic Hero on May 15th, 2006 at 09:35 PM

Old Post May 15th, 2006 09:32 PM
Click here to Send Generic Hero a Private Message Find more posts by Generic Hero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Advent
Just Leaving

Done before.

And, Cin wins. Qui-Gon was killed by Darth Maul, and Qui-Gon, throughout the fight, had the help of Obi-Wan. And, I'm sure Maul had to exert more energy, and still managed to kill off Qui-Gon.

Either way, just because Cin "died to Anakin" doesn't mean he sucks, and that applies for Jinn as well, but Cin would win.

"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent." - Sagacious Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn.

Old Post May 15th, 2006 09:37 PM
Click here to Send Advent a Private Message Find more posts by Advent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hokage Yoda
Restricted

Account Restricted

I need Some Evidence on both Sides Before i vote

Old Post May 15th, 2006 09:37 PM
Click here to Send Hokage Yoda a Private Message Find more posts by Hokage Yoda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

I used to think that Qui-Gon would win but now I think Cin would win. According to Dooku, Cin > Grievous, and this is Grievous before getting injured by Mace. I doubt Qui-Gon could take that form of Grievous, who put up an okay fight agains Mace in LOE. I'm not even sure whether Qui-Gon could beat ROTS Grievous.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...+vs+QuiGon+Jinn

Old Post May 15th, 2006 09:48 PM
Click here to Send darthsith19 a Private Message Find more posts by darthsith19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hokage Yoda
Restricted

Account Restricted

Then Right Now I'll Vote for Cin

Old Post May 15th, 2006 09:49 PM
Eminence
Boss

quote: (post)
Originally posted by darthsith19
I used to think that Qui-Gon would win but now I think Cin would win. According to Dooku, Cin > Grievous, and this is Grievous before getting injured by Mace. I doubt Qui-Gon could take that form of Grievous, who put up an okay fight agains Mace in LOE. I'm not even sure whether Qui-Gon could beat ROTS Grievous.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...+vs+QuiGon+Jinn

If you're actually going by LoE, then Grievous doesn't actually suffer any crippling wounds at the hands of Mace Windu.

Old Post May 15th, 2006 10:21 PM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PurpleSaber
Vaapad Master

I think Qui-Gon would win. He was an exceptionally good Jedi and would have been on the Council if he was less...(in need of a word) Cin was taken down by Anakin in seconds. We don't really know a lot about him, but he doesn't seem like that great of a Jedi to me.

I'm so proud of myself. I made my own sig! stick out tongue

Old Post May 16th, 2006 02:23 AM
Click here to Send PurpleSaber a Private Message Find more posts by PurpleSaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

Although Qui-gon is easily one of my favorite SW characters, I have to say that Cin takes this. He was head combat instructor over 10,000 Jedi and, as was previously stated, believed by Dooku to be better then GG.

BTW, this thread has been done before.

Old Post May 16th, 2006 02:29 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xepeyon
Dark Helmet

I say Qui-Gon Jinn. Like PurpleSaber said, he would have ben on the Council if he wasn't so defiant and rebellious. That would have to mean that he was exceptionally strong both with the force and with the sword. Cin Drallig was the Battlemaster of the PT era, but that by no means automatically makes him the greatest swordsman. For example; say there are two guys playing an online game. One guy has one game and is very good at it, while the other guy has several online games. Does that make the second guy, who has more games, a better online player. No. For all we know, he could suck at it, but that's not the point. The point is, just because Cin knows more fighting styles, dosen't mean he's a better deulist than Qui-Gon Jinn, who would have been appointed on the council if it wasn't for his way of thinking.

Old Post May 16th, 2006 05:07 PM
Click here to Send Xepeyon a Private Message Find more posts by Xepeyon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Advent
Just Leaving

quote:
Cin was taken down by Anakin in seconds.

Point being? Is Qui-Gon the same person as Anakin? No.

And Qui-Gon was taken down by Maul, who had to have been at the least a little tired from being attacked by two Jedi, and who is not on par with ROTS Anakin. Either way, it really doesn't matter.

quote:
Like PurpleSaber said, he would have ben on the Council if he wasn't so defiant and rebellious.

I'm overcome with joy for Qui-Gon. Cin was said to be able to best (or something to that effect) most of the Council members. Being on the Council doesn't make you uber. See: Coleman Trebor.

quote:
Qui-Gon Jinn, who would have been appointed on the council if it wasn't for his way of thinking.

And, Cin Drallig, who was said to rival Council members IIRC.

"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent." - Sagacious Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn.

Old Post May 16th, 2006 07:46 PM
Click here to Send Advent a Private Message Find more posts by Advent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightsnake

I believe Qui-gon was said by one of the saber instructors to be the best swordsman he'd seen in four hundred years

Old Post May 16th, 2006 07:49 PM
Click here to Send Lightsnake a Private Message Find more posts by Lightsnake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

That was from the TPM novel, and was supposedly stated by his Master: which is retconned by the fact that his master was Count Dooku.

Old Post May 16th, 2006 07:52 PM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightsnake

Wasn't it just the saber instructor? Same thing as Yoda 'instructing' Obi-wan mayhaps?

Old Post May 16th, 2006 07:55 PM
Click here to Send Lightsnake a Private Message Find more posts by Lightsnake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

Nope, it was his master.

Old Post May 16th, 2006 07:56 PM
BLAK FOX
Restricted

Account Restricted

Qui Gon would have probably become better then Cin had he survived until ROTS, but he didn't so I don't see him being able to take Cin Drallig down.

Thanks to Jonathan Mark for the sig

Old Post May 16th, 2006 08:06 PM
Click here to Send BLAK FOX a Private Message Find more posts by BLAK FOX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hokage Yoda
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BLAK FOX
Qui Gon would have probably become better then Cin had he survived until ROTS, but he didn't so I don't see him being able to take Cin Drallig down.

I do Qui-gon was said to Rival Mace so that would mean. Mace is far superior to cin.

Mace>>Cin

Qui-Gon>Cin

Old Post May 16th, 2006 09:19 PM
Xepeyon
Dark Helmet

While I defenently see Qui-Gon winning this, I highly doubt he could rival Windu. Where did you hear that, anyways?

Old Post May 16th, 2006 09:22 PM
Click here to Send Xepeyon a Private Message Find more posts by Xepeyon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hokage Yoda
Restricted

Account Restricted

your probably right but Qui-Gon was 60 at the Time of TPM so maybe he could have.

Old Post May 16th, 2006 09:29 PM