KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » DN Kyle Katarn VS Mace Windu

DN Kyle Katarn VS Mace Windu
Started by: DE Luke

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
D-FENS

DN Kyle Katarn VS Mace Windu

Setting takes place on Boz Pity.Who wins?The Jedi Master who finished an exceptional and very powerful Lightsaber form?Or does the Weapon Master of the New Jedi take it?

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2006 01:15 PM
Click here to Send D-FENS a Private Message Find more posts by D-FENS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xepeyon
Dark Helmet

I'll go with Kyle. This has been debated, and was undecided. However, like before, I'll go with Kyle Katarn. Has better accomplishes and dosen't restrict himself to just the lightside.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2006 04:16 PM
Click here to Send Xepeyon a Private Message Find more posts by Xepeyon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kon-El
Last Son of the Sith

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Xepeyon
I'll go with Kyle. This has been debated, and was undecided. However, like before, I'll go with Kyle Katarn. Has better accomplishes and dosen't restrict himself to just the lightside.
uhm Mace doesn't restrict himself to the lightside either. confused

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2006 04:47 PM
Click here to Send General Kon-El a Private Message Find more posts by General Kon-El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

But unlike Mace, Kyle uses things like lightning, grip etc. (Mace doesn't use force choke on people, he did it once to Grievous, but did he even know Grievous was not only a droid?

Necessity is the mother of inventions.
(Don't be a pig, get an Icejaw sig.)

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2006 06:04 PM
Click here to Send kamikz a Private Message Find more posts by kamikz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

That was Force Crush, I should have to think.

In either case, both are Light Side Jedi, with the little Dark Side temptations that all Jedi have, Kyle more willing to use lightning and stuff than others, but then again, all Jedi in NJO can use lightning. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Anyways, I'll go with Kyle. He's done a lot of notable things that basically saved the ass of the Rebellion and the Jedi.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2006 06:08 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
D-FENS

NJO is overpowered.Someone should wake up and tell those damn 'authors' that this isn't Dragon Ball Z.roll eyes (sarcastic)

Last edited by D-FENS on Jun 23rd, 2006 at 06:45 PM

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2006 06:38 PM
Click here to Send D-FENS a Private Message Find more posts by D-FENS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
balanced_blade

mace doesnt use force powers because he doesnt need to. In the fight with sidious he shows that his lightsaber is his preferred weapon.

And when does using dark side powers insure victory?

Old Post Jun 24th, 2006 02:10 AM
Click here to Send balanced_blade a Private Message Find more posts by balanced_blade Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

No one has said that, but it sure does give you an advantage.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2006 10:41 AM
Click here to Send kamikz a Private Message Find more posts by kamikz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

Not against Mace. According to one book Sidious' dark powers passed through him as though he were a superconducting circut. It does him no damage in the process. That was why Mace did better against Sidious then Yoda according to the ep3 novel.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2006 02:32 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

What do you mean? He was clearly damaged by Sidious lightning, the only thing that stood between him and certain death was his lightsaber....

Old Post Jun 24th, 2006 03:50 PM
Count Kent
Restricted

Account Restricted

Kyle wins this easily.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2006 07:30 PM
Click here to Send Count Kent a Private Message Find more posts by Count Kent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Easily? How so?

Old Post Jun 24th, 2006 07:44 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue_Hefner

I dont know much about Kyle during Dark Nest but I think Mace has this in the bag like potato chips.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2006 11:32 PM
Click here to Send Blue_Hefner a Private Message Find more posts by Blue_Hefner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DePWNZOR

Mace wins. The PT Jedi are all much better at Lightsaber to Lightsaber Combat. Mace also has unique gifts,like Vaapad and Shatterpoint, and is physically stronger.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2006 11:51 PM
Click here to Send DePWNZOR a Private Message Find more posts by DePWNZOR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Callous
Mitsu Racer Honda Hater

Mace would totally sodomize Katarn with his lightsaber. no expression

This isn't even a fair match-up, IMO.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2006 12:04 AM
Click here to Send Darth Callous a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Callous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Count Kent
Restricted

Account Restricted

Kyle is the second greatest saber duelist in the NJO. Mace was incredible in his era, but is really no match for most jedi in the NR.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2006 12:55 PM
Click here to Send Count Kent a Private Message Find more posts by Count Kent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

This would be a very close battle but I give it to Kyle.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2006 03:14 AM
Click here to Send darthsith19 a Private Message Find more posts by darthsith19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Lord Windu

Nah. Mace would win because he is, in my opinion, i better duelist and most battles are about sabers more than force then he would win. Plus kyle may not get to use his powers and mace has others to match.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2006 04:43 AM
Click here to Send Sith Lord Windu a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Lord Windu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stone7

in force powers kyle would win. In saber i would go with mace. but it would probally be an eqivallent fight to ani and obi on mustafar.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2006 06:04 AM
Click here to Send stone7 a Private Message Find more posts by stone7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote