KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Kas'Im Vs Sidious

Kas'Im Vs Sidious
Started by: Noob_Krueger

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The_God
LOOK AT SIG.

Kas'Im Vs Sidious

Im still back to SW forum, My n00bing will be back! Blax X, you will NEVER pass my ultimate n00byness.

Takes place where Sidious and mace fought.

DID NOT POST KITTY THREAD...

Old Post Nov 7th, 2006 06:17 PM
Click here to Send The_God a Private Message Find more posts by The_God Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dessel
Restricted

Account Restricted

Which Sidious?
All out fight?

Old Post Nov 7th, 2006 06:46 PM
Click here to Send Dessel a Private Message Find more posts by Dessel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shin_Nikkolas
Restricted

Account Restricted

Tch. We have nothing to even suggest Kas'Im took on and defeated anyone on Dooku's level, let alone Sidious'. Sidious is one of the strongest lightsaber duelists and Force users in the SW Universe. Sure, Kas'Im mastered all seven forms of lightsabers but how effectively did he implement this against very strong opponents? Did he pwn everyone he met in blades? We no too little and until we know more, Sidious wins.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2006 06:52 PM
Click here to Send Shin_Nikkolas a Private Message Find more posts by Shin_Nikkolas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

I could see Kas'im giving Sidious a good fight (or possibly even beating him) in a lightsaber contest. But, I don't see him matching Sidious's mastery of the Force.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2006 06:52 PM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-kV-
[:::::{============)

Was it confirmed in the Kas'Im vs. Dooku thread that the Twi'Lek could defeat Tyrannus combat? I am not sure if we finished that thread yet, or did we???

If Kas'Im can defeat Dooku in lightsabers, then he gives Sidious a decent fight, but definately loses.

BlackZero30x created this a-'Maize'-ing signature! =)

Old Post Nov 7th, 2006 09:19 PM
Click here to Send -kV- a Private Message Find more posts by -kV- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Subjekt
The beginning of the end.

whats with all these damn Kas'Im threads lately? Why are so many people on his nuts now?

Thanks to Advent for the Sig!

Old Post Nov 7th, 2006 09:59 PM
Click here to Send Darth Subjekt a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Subjekt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-kV-
[:::::{============)

Fanboyism, no doubt. There is no way in hell Kas'Im can kill Sidious one on one.

BlackZero30x created this a-'Maize'-ing signature! =)

Old Post Nov 7th, 2006 10:50 PM
Click here to Send -kV- a Private Message Find more posts by -kV- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Escape81
I could see Kas'im giving Sidious a good fight (or possibly even beating him) in a lightsaber contest. But, I don't see him matching Sidious's mastery of the Force.

Pretty much agreed, although I'd definately put my money on Kas'im in lightsaber mastery.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2006 02:46 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Subjekt

why? As far as we know, Sidious studied all the forms as well. and moves faster than the eye can see.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2006 04:11 AM
Click here to Send Darth Subjekt a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Subjekt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

Sidious has simply never displayed sword skills on Kas'im levels. Having knowledge of the lightsaber forms is no where near as good as having mastery of all the lightsaber forms. And we know that Sidious placed very little importance on lightsaber combat next to the Force, so it's very unlikely that he took the time to master all the forms.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2006 04:12 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Dark Empire Sidious and pre-TPM Sidious can move at those speeds. RotS Sidious is just really fast. Kas'im could give him hell in lightsaber combat.

If this is DE Sidious, though, he rapes Kas'im.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2006 04:17 AM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Subjekt

Well i remember Ian Mcdiarmid (sp?) saying in a bonus disc interview that when he got the script and saw he would be fighting, he was shocked cause Sidious was meant to be the fastest duelist around and one of the best. Something along those lines.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2006 04:17 AM
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
Well i remember Ian Mcdiarmid (sp?) saying in a bonus disc interview that when he got the script and saw he would be fighting, he was shocked cause Sidious was meant to be the fastest duelist around and one of the best. Something along those lines.

He exaggerated on the speeds, I think, saying like he could move a thousand times faster than the Jedi. Which isn't the case.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2006 04:19 AM
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

If this is DE Sidious, though, he rapes Kas'im.

With Force powers, maybe, but not in lightsaber combat.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2006 04:20 AM
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
With Force powers, maybe, but not in lightsaber combat.

In Force powers? There is no maybe. He'd WTFpwnl0lzroflmaocrushkill Kas'im in a Force fight, and he'd comfortably defeat him in a lightsaber fight too.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2006 04:21 AM
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

In Force powers? There is no maybe. He'd WTFpwnl0lzroflmaocrushkill Kas'im in a Force fight, and he'd comfortably defeat him in a lightsaber fight too.

On what grounds? Sidious' greatest Force feats ALL lie on huge scale force powers that are not very useful in a duel. Whats a Force storm supposed to do if him and Kas'im are only ten feet apart? It'll kill Sidious too. Yes, Kas'im would definately lose, but I'd give him a good 10, maybe 20 seconds.

DE Sidious lost Luke with less than a decade of training in a lightsaber fight. Luke was still rather weak at this point, having been a good deal weaker than Joruus (the clone of a powerful, but not nearly as good as Kas'im, Jedi Master). Sidious placed very little emphasis on lightsaber fighting where Kas'im dedicated himself to it more than anyone else. I wouldn't be surprised if Kas'im took Sidious down here.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2006 04:26 AM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Kas'Im Vs Sidious

Originally posted by Noob_Krueger
Im still back to SW forum, My n00bing will be back! Blax X, you will NEVER pass my ultimate n00byness.

Takes place where Sidious and mace fought.

Ngrplz.

I have and always will out n00b you. I'm the FP Anakin of n00bs.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2006 04:30 AM
Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightsnake

On what grounds? Sidious' greatest Force feats ALL lie on huge scale force powers that are not very useful in a duel. Whats a Force storm supposed to do if him and Kas'im are only ten feet apart? It'll kill Sidious too. Yes, Kas'im would definately lose, but I'd give him a good 10, maybe 20 seconds.

What the hell are you talking about? Between force crush, drain, choke, lightning, just about everything else...Palpatine knows those 'small scale, kill the guy in front of you' thing...I really doubt he'll do anything but snap Kas'im's neck with the force right off
quote:

DE Sidious lost Luke with less than a decade of training in a lightsaber fight. Luke was still rather weak at this point, having been a good deal weaker than Joruus (the clone of a powerful, but not nearly as good as Kas'im, Jedi Master). Sidious placed very little emphasis on lightsaber fighting where Kas'im dedicated himself to it more than anyone else. I wouldn't be surprised if Kas'im took Sidious down here.

How many tiems do I have to shoot this shit down? In DE's own narraration it calls Luke extremely powerful. Recall him blocking shots from a war machine and destroying an army of droids with a gesture?
So, Luke, by DE in his fight with Sidious has tripled in power since the start of DE under Palpatine's tutelage and has the entire power of the lightside flowing through him....described as an equal titan in the light to Palpatine's darkness...Rather weak at this point...ridiculous

PAlpatine was also described as 'having mastered the forms and styles of the lightsaber.' He moves faster than an eye can perceive and he can match the top Saber fighters of the Prime of the Jedi. There's no 'maybe'.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2006 05:55 AM
Click here to Send Lightsnake a Private Message Find more posts by Lightsnake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:

Sidious's Force powers exceed any Sith Lord before him. So, if you're going to consent that Kas'im would last that long against Ragnos and company, you may have a point. And, as Lightsnake said, any technique previously known, Sidious knows, and would be able to utilize it against Kas'im.

quote:

Glentract, how many times do we have to tell you? DE Luke is amazing. Above Joruus, unless you think Joruus can repel laserfire from an AT-AT, and then bring the damn thing down using the Force. I personally don't see that happening.

And, where did Sidious lose? He curbstomped Luke in a fight briefly before the one he had with Luke in front of Leia. Several of us, including Nai I believe, believe that Leia interferred with the fight. And, besides, Sidious was still a helluva lot better than Luke in the Force. He even saw his duel with Luke as a "a game".

Old Post Nov 8th, 2006 10:22 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Sidious has simply never displayed sword skills on Kas'im levels. Having knowledge of the lightsaber forms is no where near as good as having mastery of all the lightsaber forms. And we know that Sidious placed very little importance on lightsaber combat next to the Force, so it's very unlikely that he took the time to master all the forms.

thumb up

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Nov 6th, 2015 04:28 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote