KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Best SW Duo!

Best SW Duo?
This poll is closed.
Darth Vader/Darth Sidious 4 40.00%
Han Solo/Chewbacca 0 0%
Qui Gon/Obi Wan 0 0%
Obi Wan/Anakin 3 30.00%
Yoda/Mace Windu 3 30.00%
Other 0 0%
Total: 10 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Best SW Duo!
Started by: Darth Martin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Martin

Best SW Duo!

Guess this should be in the other thread but it doesn't get that much attention. Vote/top ten/ or whatever/ and list reasons.

I'd say Mace Windu and Yoda is the best Duo.

Last edited by Darth Martin on Nov 21st, 2006 at 04:46 PM

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 04:42 PM
Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

That could depend, if it is the most powerful duo then it's just pratically taking the two most powerful people in SW together, if it is the best duo, meaning teamwork and such, then i would take Anakin and Obi-Wan, seeing as they was THE jedi duo!

Necessity is the mother of inventions.
(Don't be a pig, get an Icejaw sig.)

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 04:50 PM
Click here to Send kamikz a Private Message Find more posts by kamikz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by kamikz
That could depend, if it is the most powerful duo then it's just pratically taking the two most powerful people in SW together, if it is the best duo, meaning teamwork and such, then i would take Anakin and Obi-Wan, seeing as they was THE jedi duo!
Anakin was always bickering and whining. But by RotS they seemed to be a pretty good duo. Qui Gon and Obi Wan had the best teamwork. In Clone Wars Mace and Yoda worked well together on Coruscant. "But Commander, who has our left flank?" "The Jedi have the left." Mace and Yoda were destroying droids and it took hundreds of clones to hold the right flank.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 05:10 PM
Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

Since when was Anakin "always" bitching and whining? I don't remember him ever doing that in a battle by ROTS or close to it. They were described as THE jedi duo, which means they are the best jedi duo, the meaning of how a jedi duo should be. Yoda and Mace were powerful together, but that hardly mean's the best teamwork.

I don't see how Qui-Gon and Obi were above Anakin and Obi, they weren't really that special together were they?

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 05:57 PM
Click here to Send kamikz a Private Message Find more posts by kamikz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Originally posted by Darth Martin
Anakin was always bickering and whining. But by RotS they seemed to be a pretty good duo. Qui Gon and Obi Wan had the best teamwork. In Clone Wars Mace and Yoda worked well together on Coruscant. "But Commander, who has our left flank?" "The Jedi have the left." Mace and Yoda were destroying droids and it took hundreds of clones to hold the right flank.

And the Clone Wars cartoon overpowers everyone. If Mace could have done what he did he would have done so at Geonosis and wouldn't need any clone troopers to save him at the arena.

Anakin and Obi-Wan are by far the best team.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 07:05 PM
Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Fair enough. This is all around best duo, or even who would make the best duo. This doesn't have to be just jedi.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 09:07 PM
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

Most powerful I would say is Luke at his best, and DE Sidious, for being the best sith, and having the awefully destructive force storm!

Best team work would probably be Anakin and Obi-Wan, seeing as they got a plan for almost every situation, an approach to very if not to powerful people, and good strategies with their different combat abilities.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 09:43 PM
Crado
Restricted

Account Restricted

I honestly think it would be Luke and Jacen.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 09:50 PM
Click here to Send Crado a Private Message Find more posts by Crado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Originally posted by kamikz
Most powerful I would say is Luke at his best, and DE Sidious, for being the best sith, and having the awefully destructive force storm!

Best team work would probably be Anakin and Obi-Wan, seeing as they got a plan for almost every situation, an approach to very if not to powerful people, and good strategies with their different combat abilities.
Fair enough, but what about Boba and Jango?

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 09:53 PM
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

Well he lost his father early, so I doubt they'd have much info. If they did however, I bet they'd be quite dangerous, probably in the top 10.

@Crado, I belive that Sidious is more capable than Jacen in an all out fight. He got nearly every single technique that is made, and has made his own. I really doubt nearly anyone can block his force storm, so if Luke holds them off he could launch it and send almost anyone to hell. Also, if the opponents haven't got knowledge of his techniques, they are going to fall.

Jacen might be stronger and all, but Sidious knowledge and storm would make me put him above Jacen. But of course, it is all a matter of choice, so it doesn't really matter....

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 10:20 PM
Crado
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
He got nearly every single technique that is made, and has made his own.

I've really wanted to address this. It seems that people on this forum like to lie about things like this, I know what quote you're referring to that people seem to have lied about. The actual quote is 'it is believed that he has mastered nearly all the known powers, previously unknown powers, and devises new ones at his pleasure'.

And about the storm, in dispute to what Escape has tried to pass off as fact, there is no evidence that the force storm can be utilised by Sidious on a small scale, and considering the nature of the attack and the fact that Sidious can't even control them perfectly, it's more probable that he can't rather than can.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 10:30 PM
Click here to Send Crado a Private Message Find more posts by Crado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
I've really wanted to address this. It seems that people on this forum like to lie about things like this, I know what quote you're referring to that people seem to have lied about. The actual quote is 'it is believed that he has mastered nearly all the known powers, previously unknown powers, and devises new ones at his pleasure'.

Kamikz said "nearly" not all. And the 'it is believed' is coming from an omniscient narrarator. So, let's see. Mastering nearly all the known old ones, previously unknown, and new ones that he invents? Um... I'd pretty much say, yeah, his knowledge supercedes any other Sith Lord.

quote:
And about the storm, in dispute to what Escape has tried to pass off as fact, there is no evidence that the force storm can be utilised by Sidious on a small scale, and considering the nature of the attack and the fact that Sidious can't even control them perfectly, it's more probable that he can't rather than can.

The only instance in which Sidious hasn't been in control of his Force storm is when Luke, Leia, and Anakin interfered with it. Unless you can cite another example, I don't see why - otherwise - he can't control them fine.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 10:37 PM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Antaeus

In a fight I will vote for Sidious and Darth Vader as the best on the list.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 10:42 PM
Click here to Send Antaeus a Private Message Find more posts by Antaeus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

In a fight? Ehh... I'm feelin' for Yoda and Mace.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 10:45 PM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Crado
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Kamikz said "nearly" not all. And the 'it is believed' is coming from an omniscient narrarator. So, let's see. Mastering nearly all the known old ones, previously unknown, and new ones that he invents? Um... I'd pretty much say, yeah, his knowledge supercedes any other Sith Lord.

I wasn't so much directly addressing Kamikz, more the lies that have been flying around the forum. It was all cool when the Ancients were considered > everyone, but Sidious is no longer the underrated, so I really wanted to address this.

And nice way of misinterpreting the statement.

1. It is believed - clearly referring to in story characters, who are not infallible, unless you want to argue that it is believed by the executives at Lucasarts (LOL!).

2. that he has mastered nearly all the known powers - nearly all, not every.

3. previously unknown powers - no quantity is assigned.

4. and devises new ones at his pleasure - no quantity is assigned.

However point 1 pretty much renders points 2 - 4 invalid.

quote:
The only instance in which Sidious hasn't been in control of his Force storm is when Luke, Leia, and Anakin interfered with it. Unless you can cite another example, I don't see why - otherwise - he can't control them fine.

(please log in to view the image)

"he now boasts to Luke that he has perfect control of his force storms! Whether such boasts are true or not (they are not)" - from the endnotes of Dark Empire #6, this pretty much settles the matter, he cannot perfectly control them.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 10:56 PM
Crado
Restricted

Account Restricted

QED mother****er, I see you ignored the rest of my points, does this mean that you can't make an argument for Sidious' Force Storms working on a small scale?

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 10:57 PM
Alkaselzer
Thespian

Way to be an ass.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 11:05 PM
Click here to Send Alkaselzer a Private Message Find more posts by Alkaselzer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Considering all the arguments that you've made as Nebaris, Dessel, and now Crado - I don't think I need to take much effort to insult or belittle your intelligence.

The quote was provided by an omniscient narrarator. That he knows nearly all (which can be inferred to mean a considerable majority) techniques, ones that are previously unknown, and ones that he himself events at his leisure, it would mean that, overall, his knowledge surpasses any known Sith Lord we've encountered.

Unless, once again, you may provide me with a Sith Lord who knows more.

quote:
QED mother****er, I see you ignored the rest of my points, does this mean that you can't make an argument for Sidious' Force Storms working on a small scale?

Would you like this to attribute to your third ban?

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 11:06 PM
Blue_Hefner

Yoda/Mace

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 11:06 PM
Click here to Send Blue_Hefner a Private Message Find more posts by Blue_Hefner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Crado
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Considering all the arguments that you've made as Nebaris, Dessel, and now Crado - I don't think I need to take much effort to insult or belittle your intelligence.

You forgot Kas'im, yeah that's right, the guy you called 'an exceptional debater'.

quote:
The quote was provided by an omniscient narrarator.

Did you ignore the "it is believed"? The omniscient narrator says it is believed, he doesn't just factually state it.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 11:16 PM