KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Ganner Rhysode vs. Kas'Im

Ganner Rhysode vs. Kas'Im
Started by: General Kenobl

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-kV-
[:::::{============)

Ganner Rhysode vs. Kas'Im

Ganner Rhysode, the Yellowblade, faces off against the Twi'Lek battlemaster Kas'Im. Who wins?

Setting: Jedi Temple

Round 1- Force Battle
Round 2- Lighsaber Combat
Round 3- Overall

BlackZero30x created this a-'Maize'-ing signature! =)

Old Post Dec 19th, 2006 01:14 PM
Click here to Send -kV- a Private Message Find more posts by -kV- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Sith'ari
Restricted

Account Restricted

1. While we don't see Kas'im do anything with the force, it's clear that his strength is immense given his defence against Bane's energy attack at the end of PoD. Ganner Rhysode never displayed anything too special with the force to my knowledge, Kas'im would be able to defend against anything he could throw at him.

2. Kas'im decimates him. He's far too strong in the force, fast, strong, and his mastery of the saber is the highest in the entire SW saga.

3. Kas'im decimates him.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2006 01:30 PM
Click here to Send The Sith'ari a Private Message Find more posts by The Sith'ari Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-kV-

quote:
1. While we don't see Kas'im do anything with the force, it's clear that his strength is immense given his defence against Bane's energy attack at the end of PoD. Ganner Rhysode never displayed anything too special with the force to my knowledge, Kas'im would be able to defend against anything he could throw at him.

2. Kas'im decimates him. He's far too strong in the force, fast, strong, and his mastery of the saber is the highest in the entire SW saga.

3. Kas'im decimates him.

Ahem, read this:

The Duel at the Well of the World Brain
from Wookiepedia :

quote:
Thousands of Yuuzhan Vong were present at the ceremony when Jacen and Ganner were marched to the Well of the World Brain. However, Jacen turned on his captors by opening up his mind to the dhuryam and giving it a special message. Meanwhile, Ganner defended the entrance using the fallen Anakin Solo's lightsaber against a multitude of Yuuzhan Vong warriors led by Nom Anor and Ch'Gang Hool in order to buy Jacen enough time to complete his mission. During the fight, Ganner embraced his destiny and finally found himself in the Force. His battle cry, "None shall pass!" would mark his legacy on both the Galaxy and the Yuuzhan Vong. Thousands of Yuuzhan Vong were up against just two Jedi.

As the fight wore on, Rhysode achieved a state of oneness with the Force . The Force became him, and he became the Force. Calling upon this enormous power, Ganner defeated one Yuuzhan Vong after another, killing hundreds, possibly thousands of warriors . The Vong mentality aided him in this, as at first the Vong concentrated on honorable single combat, and Ganner slew a very large number before they even began to attack in pairs.

As the numbers increased, Ganner drew more and more on the Force, animating the statues of the Core World Founders and the heroes of the Rebellion, and battering his enemy with the two halves of the Great Door. Ganner killed all of the Vong, and found himself without any enemies remaining .

That was when the artillery arrived: a firebreather, supported by infantry. Knowing that the fight could not go on for much longer in these circumstances, Ganner performed the ultimate sacrifice. He took the beast's initial attack on one half of the Great Door, and then, using the power of the Force, he collapsed the ceiling on everyone in the chamber , including himself and Nom Anor, thus allowing Jacen and Vergere to escape.

As you can see, Ganner is very impressive with the lightsaber. Thousands of Vong warriors died at his hands. With the Force, he was able to animate and collapse an entire chamber. Definately impressive. I hardly believe Kas'Im "decimates" him.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2006 01:41 PM
Click here to Send -kV- a Private Message Find more posts by -kV- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

At that temporary uber-stage that Ganner reached only once he would win. At any other time, he'd lose.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2006 01:53 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Sith'ari
Restricted

Account Restricted

He can't just turn that on and off, that was kinda like a limit break thing for him.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2006 02:18 PM
Click here to Send The Sith'ari a Private Message Find more posts by The Sith'ari Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-kV-

quote:
He can't just turn that on and off, that was kinda like a limit break thing for him.

He was going all out, and because of that, he was able to kill thousands of Vong with lightsaber and Force.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2006 02:27 PM
The Sith'ari
Restricted

Account Restricted

GK, you need to actually read the book and not wookiepedia to understand how he performed the attack. He can't just actively do it.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2006 02:30 PM
-kV-

He saw his opponent. He realized that he had to use every ounce of energy. He went all out and used all his powers. Even if it that was an exception (which it may not be), the fact is he is very powerful and that Kas'Im cannot decimate him.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2006 02:39 PM
The Sith'ari
Restricted

Account Restricted

Under normal conditions, Kas'im would decimate him. In the unlikely event that Ganer goes through that phase, he wins. There's nothing more to it.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2006 02:44 PM
-kV-

quote:
Under normal conditions, Kas'im would decimate him. In the unlikely event that Ganer goes through that phase, he wins. There's nothing more to it

Tell me, how is it that if Ganner is able to do all those things when he goes all out, how in the world would be get decimated by Kas'Im in normal conditions? And note, this is if what Rhysode did was extreme. If he went all out against Kas'Im, if he was able to kill thousands of Vong, I'm sure he take on a Twi'Lek and defeat him.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2006 03:03 PM
The Sith'ari
Restricted

Account Restricted

GK, this discussion is over. Read Traitor, and then get back to me.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2006 03:08 PM
-kV-

No, it isn't. Ganner going all out extreme is able to do magnificent feats. If he went all out on Kas'Im (not extreme), then I don't see how he gets decimated. Please, if you cannot admit it, then don't talk.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2006 03:15 PM
The Sith'ari
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sexyback
GK, this discussion is over. Read Traitor, and then get back to me.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2006 03:25 PM
-kV-

That's cool, I'll wait for someone else who actually has an argument.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2006 03:28 PM
Advent
Just Leaving

Originally posted by General Kenobl
No, it isn't.

Technically speaking, it isn't (since it's still continuing), but on a level, it should of been. Both Glentract and Sexyback were right. Kas'im would kill Ganner if he weren't to acquire that state with the Force. If he were to become an empowered by the Force to the point he did, he'd win.

quote:
Ganner going all out extreme is able to do magnificent feats.

Your point? Oops, you don't have one (seeing as this is irrelevant insomuch as he's only able to perform at this level when the Force is with him to the degree that it was at the entrance to the World Brain)!

quote:
If he went all out on Kas'Im (not extreme), then I don't see how he gets decimated.

What do you have to back up that assertion?

I'll break down the situation for you. In a nutshell, when Ganner become "The Ganner", he underwent a phase where he was letting the Force control his actions, at that point:

"He should just order the fool cut down--but Ganner didn't sound weak now or foolish.

The Force does more than give him strength, more than lift him, spin him: the Force surges though his veins to tune his heart to the rhythm of the Universe. He has become the Force, and the Force has become him. He is not directly aware of the sequence of his death; time vanished along with fear, and doubt, and pain in that eternal second when he surrendered his self-command."
(Traitor, Chapter 13).

"The Force thunders through him, and he thunders through the Force. Letting slip the bonds of control, leaving aside conscious thought. He has become the battle." (Traitor, Chapter 14).

And there's even more references than just that, but the only reason he had been able to do that was because, as your source says, he "achieved oneness with the Force". It put to ease his aesthetic awareness, basically. Now, on the other hand, from what I'm gathering, your logic is "If he does feats X, Y, and Z while he was empowered by A, he must be good when not empowered by A". For one who claims to take Argumentation theory, you should know that's some faulty logic before even stating it.

Firstly, what do you actually know about Ganner? Everything? Nothing? It's apparent you don't know much, because this is stated in the same, exact book about Rhysode:

"[...]this was Ganner Rhysode, the weakling who could not even mount the causeway. Ganner Rhysode who got no respect from the other Jedi. Ganner the poser, the playactor. The joke." (Traitor, Chapter 13)

In essence, he's not a top notch Jedi until he comes to a realization, and the Force essentially effuses through his entire body, directing and taking over. It's hard to explain in a way that would get to the point cleanly (yes, "cleanly"), but it's quite obvious he sucks otherwise. And secondly - to further this point - Ganner himself knows it! Lol!

Ahem, read this:

"Make this weak, pathetic excuse for a Jedi get on with this sacrifice[...] (dialogue)

Everyone has to lie for me, he thought. Everyone has to pretend I'm not as pathetic and useless and weak as I really am...Sick of being a crappy Jedi, a mediocre pilot, and a bloody lousy leader of men. Sick of being a joke. Just sick."
(Traitor, Chapter 13).

In normal circumstances and state, Ganner gets mauled. In uber state, he wins. To quote Sexyback, "there's nothing more to it".

quote:
Please, if you cannot admit it, then don't talk.

Originally posted by Sexyback
Read Traitor, and then get back to me.

"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent." - Sagacious Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2006 10:43 PM
Click here to Send Advent a Private Message Find more posts by Advent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Styles
Papa Bear

owned.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2006 11:17 PM
Click here to Send Dr. Styles a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Styles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xero_Ganner
Jedi With No Master

Dark Tide II: Ruin
Chapter 5: Corran Horn: "They're Noghri, Ganner. Besides, I figured to tap you as one of my civilian observers. Figured you had to be equal of another dozen Noghri, right?"

Princess Leia in Balance Point says that Noghri were the most fearful things she'd ever seen next to the Empire(which is now beaten by the Yuuzhan Vong so that makes them the 3rd most fearful).

Ganner was amazingly gifted with TK btw. When he, Jacen and Corran along with some of Garqi's resistance were interfering with a Yuuzhan Vong training session, were planning to ambush them and capture live suspects, Jacen used the force to blow the hatch off the maintenance tunnel. Ganner used the force to blow it off and levitate out of the hole and used the cover to hit one of the Yuuzhan Vong. (That one died because its leg got stuck in the hole and it broke and Ganner proceded to kill it.)

Old Post Oct 13th, 2008 04:17 AM
Click here to Send Xero_Ganner a Private Message Find more posts by Xero_Ganner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

What is the book in which Ghanner TK's himself AND Corran Horn across a desert and back? In that one, its made pretty clear that Ghanner is >Horn. He did have a weak moment, one filled with fear, that's made obvious by Traitor. However, Advent, those quotes are referring to those moments of fear, not to his actual strength in the force. If i could remember the title of the book i'm thinking about, i believe pre-NJO, it would lend some credence to Rhysode's Combat ability, which at that time, is considerable.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2008 04:24 AM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xero_Ganner
Jedi With No Master

That's Dark Tide I: Onslaught

Horn and Ganner witness two Yuuzhan Vong killing a slave. Ganner, being one of the more radical Jedi following Durron, was about to rush in when Horn, being very clever, made the smell of the dead slash rats which made him sick.

Corran was more clever than Ganner but he would be no match in a fight.

Vergere even says to Jacen Solo, "He was born to be a legend."

Kas'im was known for being a master with a lightsaber. Ganner was known for his TK.

Kas'im was obviously well with the force for his master to purchase him from slaves. But what I can't get is that his master payed for him instead of slaughtering his captors. Stupid Sith. The only good thing they did was invent Force Lightning.

Kas'im has a resistance to the Force but its like shooting at targets, eventually you'll have to hit it, and eventually a shield will break.
1. Ganner- Master of TK.
2. Kas'im- Master of lightsaber combat.
3. Ganner- I'm pretty sure that the force is more useful than a lightsaber, just stay far enough away from its reach and pull what Darth Vader did in Episode V, use TK to bombard your opponent with anything not nailed down.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2008 04:50 AM
Click here to Send Xero_Ganner a Private Message Find more posts by Xero_Ganner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

See, Kas'im falls into that, amazing swordsman, but not powerful force user category to me, like Obi-wan. In fact, that would make a good thread, because could Kas'im's saber mastery overcome Kenobi's Soresu. I thought Ghanner was one of the more powerful jedi, close to durron, before his death. (and thanks for the info on what book that was)

Old Post Oct 13th, 2008 04:53 AM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote