KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Battle of the Ages

Battle of the Ages
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
The Jedi win, with all alive 1 20.00%
The Jedi win, with 4 alive 0 0%
The Jedi win, with 3 alive 1 20.00%
The Jedi win, with 2 alive 0 0%
The Jedi win, with one alive 0 0%
All are obliterated 0 0%
The Sith win with one alive 2 40.00%
The Sith win with two alive 0 0%
The Sith win with three alive 1 20.00%
Too hard to tell 0 0%
Total: 5 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Battle of the Ages
Started by: Darth Godzilla

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Godzilla
Your Lord and Master

Battle of the Ages

Mace Windu, Yoda, Anakin, Obi-wan, and Qui-gon
(all in RotS stages except for, obviously, Qui-gon)

VERSUS

Darth Sidious, Darth Bane, and Exar Kun
(Sidious is in DE stage; Bane from end of PoD)

This will take place in Palpatine's throne room, on the Death Star.

Round One: Mastery of the Force
Round Two: Lightsaber Prowess
Round Three: Chaos, Murder and Mayhem! Anything Goes!

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2006 10:10 PM
Click here to Send Darth Godzilla a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Godzilla Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rampant ox

Sith emerge victorious in all three rounds.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2006 10:19 PM
Click here to Send Rampant ox a Private Message Find more posts by Rampant ox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rampant ox

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2006 10:20 PM
Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Godzilla
Your Lord and Master

I say the Sith win round one. Sidious is the undisputed master of Force attacks, Bane "nudged" a moon and toppled a building with a wave of pure energy, and Exar... Need I elaborate?

I say the Jedi win round two. Their numbers include five of the greatest swordsmen in SW history. The Sith are incredible duelists, but the 5 to 3 odds make things difficult for them. In the end, numbers win this battle.

I say the Sith win round three. In an overall battle, DE Sidious could probably take Mace and Yoda, or at least hold them off until more help arrives. I'd be willing to bargain that Bane and Exar could take on Anakin, Obi-wan, and Qui-gon. I say one dies, but the other attains victory and could then help Sidious crush Mace and Yoda. Another one dies in that battle, but one Sith remains standing, while no Jedi do.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2006 10:21 PM
Click here to Send Darth Godzilla a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Godzilla Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Godzilla
Your Lord and Master

Originally posted by Rampant ox and Blaxican

Please elaborate.

Elaborate is a cool word.
cool

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2006 10:22 PM
The Sith'ari
Restricted

Account Restricted

1. Sith pwn.
2. Sith firmly win.
3. Sith pwn.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2006 10:43 PM
Click here to Send The Sith'ari a Private Message Find more posts by The Sith'ari Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rampant ox

Originally posted by Darth Godzilla
Please elaborate.

Elaborate is a cool word.
cool

Elaboration was never my strong point. stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2006 10:47 PM
Click here to Send Rampant ox a Private Message Find more posts by Rampant ox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Godzilla
Your Lord and Master

I'm going to play the devil's advocate here. The Jedi, I believe, win round two. Qui-gon Jinn was stated to be a lightsaber prodigy. Obi-wan, by RotS, beat Anakin and Grievous, the latter of which being able to strike sixteen times per second. Anakin beat Dooku, who was one of the greatest duelists of all time. Yoda and Mace are self explanatory.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2006 10:49 PM
Rampant ox

If Anakin was in the same state of mind as when he fought Dooku then the Jedi might have a chance. Qui-Gon (as awesome as he is) was never really an exceptional duellist. He was better than most but still a firm notch or two behind the Orders best. He got beaten by Maul (a weak fighter in comparison to others) even after he had meditated and become fully revitalised. I also dont think numbers will play a very big part. We have seen Sith fight multiple opponents before and emerge victorious.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2006 10:53 PM
Darth Godzilla
Your Lord and Master

Like I said, I was playing devil's advocate. People don't seem to be giving the Jedi much of a chance.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2006 10:59 PM
The Sith'ari
Restricted

Account Restricted

That's because the EU FUs are far more powerful than those in the movies.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2006 11:20 PM
Click here to Send The Sith'ari a Private Message Find more posts by The Sith'ari Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-kV-
[:::::{============)

The Jedi win in lightsaber combat. Sith win in the Force.

BlackZero30x created this a-'Maize'-ing signature! =)

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2006 11:23 PM
Click here to Send -kV- a Private Message Find more posts by -kV- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Sith'ari
Restricted

Account Restricted

Even in lightsaber combat, the sith are superior.

Darth Bane's easily the strongest here, he's insanely quick, and on par with Kas'im, the guy who mastered all 7 lightsaber forms, and then spent decades perfecting each form, and refining his skills.

Darth Sidious in RotS was basically superior to all of the jedi listed except Yoda, who he was close to, and this was when he was 13 years our of practise, and old. By DE, he's much stronger in the force, his clone body is in peak physical condition, and he's insanely quick.

Exar Kun was slightly better than Ulic Quel-Droma, someone who was able to stalemate Sylvar, an extremely powerful jedi who was tapping into the darkside.

All three are firmly better than Yoda, and leagues above the others.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2006 11:32 PM
kamhal

Sylvar was an "extremely powerful jedi"?

Anyway, i think the jedi win. Why? Let's see:

While yoda and sidious fight, qui-gon and obi-wan naturally join to fight ok, let's say, bane, while windu and anakin fight exar kun. After a while, while sidious is still fighting yoda, bane kills qui-gon and obi-wan. When he does this, windu and anakin kill exar kun (don't come with bullshit, windu+vaapad and anakin+anger can own even sidious). After this windu decides to help yoda who is losing, leting bane fighting anakin. While windu and yoda kill sidious, bane gives a force storm on anakin and let him out of the fight. Then windu and yoda finish him off...

Old Post Dec 24th, 2006 12:18 AM
Click here to Send kamhal a Private Message Find more posts by kamhal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Sith'ari
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yes. She was able to defeat three strong Massasi warriors with her bare hands in seconds, she was able to sneak up on Oss Wilum, an exceptional jedi, and knock him to the ground with the hilt of the saber. It's also constantly implied throughout the comics that she's one of the top jedi, and she's pretty badass in action.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2006 12:23 AM
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

The Sith will win in everything but Saber combat. In a saber battle the Sith get owned.

In a Force battle though the Sith win rather handily. In an All out battle I'd say that the Sith still win, but Palpatine might end up killing everyone but himself.

The two lesser Sith engage the Jedi long enough for Palpatine to get decently far away in order to kill everyone (Bane and Kun included) with a Force Storm.

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Dec 24th, 2006 12:51 AM
Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

With DE Sidious, the sith stomp a mudhole in the jedi.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2006 12:51 AM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Jesus christ Nebaris/Planet, give it up with your bullshit about her, your argument(if you could call it that) was defeated again and again.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2006 12:53 AM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Sith'ari
Restricted

Account Restricted

No it wasn't, Advent even somewhat conceded (in the Crado thread, she was like 'I'll give you Sylvar, but Crado?'). It's pretty obvious she was somewhat exceptional.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2006 01:04 AM
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Darth Bane's easily the strongest here,

Explain that to me, Planet.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2006 01:08 AM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote