KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » OT vs PT

OT or PT better?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
OT for sure 4 40.00%
PT for sure 6 60.00%
Total: 10 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

OT vs PT
Started by: Kadesh

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

OT vs PT

ok, which of these trilogies do you think is better?

For me its the OT of course, The PT pretty much destroys the magic of TESB and the PT looks like it was made for kids,

Ask yourelf, how many young kids actually liked the OT? i dont know any who do. They werent born in the 1970's or 80's and so they would watch the PT like episode 1, and by doing so it wrecks the OT pretty badly.

Of course there was a reason why lucas added jar jar in ep1.. for the kids of course and they release he is outrageously childish when they grow older.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2007 02:36 PM
Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

OT was the better storyline for starts, but the point is both complement each other. Neither one would be better without the other, both are needed. I liked the PT because it dealt with the force and force abilities, jedi, saber dueling, etc. The OT didn't have much of that, so bot have certain things one would like. But the OT was the best trilogy.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2007 03:06 PM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

Isn't the VS forums for characters? Well I couldn't care less...

I prefer the OT as well! I'm 16, but I prefered it as an 8 year old to! I like the PT to though!

Necessity is the mother of inventions.
(Don't be a pig, get an Icejaw sig.)

Old Post Jan 10th, 2007 03:07 PM
Click here to Send kamikz a Private Message Find more posts by kamikz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

i only liked episode 1 and 2 for the PT.

Btw if Lucas disregards the EU so much, then ROTS messes up ANH, how did every body even know about vader if he only appears for like what 20 seconds in the movie?

Old Post Jan 10th, 2007 10:49 PM
Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General G
Canadian.

Because when ROTS ends, he doesn't just go sit in a corner and play with a feather for twenty years...

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Jan 10th, 2007 11:21 PM
Click here to Send General G a Private Message Find more posts by General G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

HAHAHAHAHAHAH

Old Post Jan 10th, 2007 11:31 PM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rampant ox

quote: (post)
Originally posted by General G
Because when ROTS ends, he doesn't just go sit in a corner and play with a feather for twenty years...

Lol. laughing

Old Post Jan 10th, 2007 11:38 PM
Click here to Send Rampant ox a Private Message Find more posts by Rampant ox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Well of course Lucas relies on the EU. If Lucas didn't read RODV, (which incidentally came out after ROTS) how would he have been able to make Vader appear at the end of the movie without knowing that his legacy would be made through paperback novels?

Old Post Jan 10th, 2007 11:42 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

quote:
Ask yourelf, how many young kids actually liked the OT? i dont know any who do. They werent born in the 1970's or 80's and so they would watch the PT like episode 1, and by doing so it wrecks the OT pretty badly.

Lets see... first of all, you wern't born in the 70's or 80's and you say you like the OT better. Um, my cousin likes the PT and the OT, he was born in 1996.

I like both the same. OT ahs a betetr story, better acting, ect. POT has better action, special effects, ect. OT ahs better directing, and music, though the PT has my two favorite SW songs in it. PT has Maul, too. Overall I like them equally. My lsit goes like this:
1. ROTJ
2. ROTS
3. ??? Probably ESB ???
4. AOTC
5. ANH
6. TPM (would be higher but Jar Jar and Little Anakin bring it down. Erase them and it would be above AOTC and maybe ESB)

Old Post Jan 10th, 2007 11:46 PM
Click here to Send darthsith19 a Private Message Find more posts by darthsith19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rampant ox

PT had Christopher Lee. Enough said.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2007 11:51 PM
Click here to Send Rampant ox a Private Message Find more posts by Rampant ox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightsnake

So did 'Dracula 1979'....

Old Post Jan 11th, 2007 12:16 AM
Click here to Send Lightsnake a Private Message Find more posts by Lightsnake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rampant ox

So did 255 odd other movies, and 95% of them were so much better thanks to the inclusion of Mr Lee. The PT is no different.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2007 12:20 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

No denying that.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2007 12:31 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

Originally posted by Rampant ox
So did 255 odd other movies, and 95% of them were so much better thanks to the inclusion of Mr Lee. The PT is no different.

You know what, this actually has merit no expression

Originally posted by General G

LMAO laughing

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Jan 11th, 2007 08:33 PM
Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

i wonder, if dooku was in the OT would he be in a wheel chair? I think Rampant would love vader if vaders actor was C lee rather than david prowse

Old Post Jan 11th, 2007 10:24 PM
Rampant ox

Well, Mr Lee's distinctive voice is almost as recognisable as Vaders own. But it wouldnt be the same experience if you couldnt actually see Mr Lee, therefore I would still like Dooku more. Unless there wasnt a Dooku because Christopher Lee is now playing Vader. I think I just confused myself. wacko

I dont see why he would be in a wheelchair. Yoda was 800+ and he was still hobbling around, albeit with a cane.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2007 10:30 PM
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

ok what if it was dooku wearing vaders entire suit but without the helmet? Personally they made dooku too plain in the movie(outfit) other than that hes badass

Old Post Jan 11th, 2007 10:59 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Yeah, Dooku needed to have like some mystical battle armour that could shoot lightsabers. You know, to give the guy who came up with Lord Nyax something to base him off.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2007 11:04 PM
Rampant ox

I actually lol'd in response to the last two posts (in a good way). His outfit was meant to represent Mr Lee's portrayal as Dracula. It was also elegant and expensive, representing Dooku's personality I feel. Anyway, I liked it. A nice change to the Jedi/Sith Robes.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2007 11:10 PM
kamhal

OT has a good storyline but i like more PT just due to the lightsaber fights and the star battles smile

Old Post Jan 11th, 2007 11:15 PM
Click here to Send kamhal a Private Message Find more posts by kamhal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote