KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Maul vs. General Grievous

Maul vs. ROTS General Grievous (sabers only!)
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Maul pwns 1 7.69%
Maul wins fairly easily 0 0%
Maul wins, a little difficulty 0 0%
Maul wins with a lot of difficulty 4 30.77%
Grievous pwns 1 7.69%
Grievous wins fairly easily 1 7.69%
Grievous wins, a little difficulty 2 15.38%
Grievous wins with a lot of difficulty 4 30.77%
Total: 13 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Darth Maul vs. General Grievous
Started by: darthsith19

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

Darth Maul vs. General Grievous

This is TPM Darth Maul and ROTS General Grievous and it's a lightsaber duel only. Takes place on Hypori, where Grievous fought Mundi and the otehr Jedi. The combatants start on the ground, facing each other, with seventy feet between them (23.3 meters). Who wins? I'd put Maul above him if he could use the Force, but I watched ROTS again last week, and Grievous does move his sabers really fast, and Maul's form won't be at all as efficient against Grievous's as Obi-Wan's was, so I'm not really sure.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2007 08:58 PM
Click here to Send darthsith19 a Private Message Find more posts by darthsith19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Subjekt
The beginning of the end.

GG with realative ease.

Thanks to Advent for the Sig!

Old Post Apr 10th, 2007 09:11 PM
Click here to Send Darth Subjekt a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Subjekt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
GG with realative ease.

Seriously? Then what do you think about if Maul got to use Force Powers (he does get to use the Force, you know, to increase his saber skills, do flips and such, just no Force Powers).

Old Post Apr 10th, 2007 09:15 PM
Click here to Send darthsith19 a Private Message Find more posts by darthsith19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
reborn_213
Scruffy Nerf Herder

Tough fight. I can never decide.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2007 09:45 PM
Click here to Send reborn_213 a Private Message Find more posts by reborn_213 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Advent
Just Leaving

Done before, and Grievous wins.

Originally posted by Advent
I pick General Grievous. Now, let me first start out by addressing the Maul versus Obi-Wan fight in TPM.

After Qui-Gon is killed, and the doors open we know that Darth Maul is described as being "The Sith Lord was borne backward by the Jedi Knight's initial rush, caught off guard by the other's wild assault", and indeed his assault was wild. Now if you compare the way General Grievous fights, I'd submit that's as wild as anything else. "Obi-Wan, while not so experienced as Qui-Gon, was quicker. Anticipating each blow, he was able to elude his antagonist's efforts to bring him down" Also, we know for a fact that Grievous is far quicker than TPM Obi-Wan and far more skilled as well, while Kenobi had the Force to help with his reflexes, Grievous has cybernetics that vastly enhance his reflexes, and the like. So, it's likely to assume that Maul doesn't have very many advantages here aside from the Force, which I'll address later.

Another excerpt from the TPM novel states this: "The battle wore on, and for a time it was fought evenly." - so, it seems that TPM Kenobi was even able to match Maul for awhile, and obviously Grievous' attacks are more wild, fast, and unexpected than Obi-Wan's were in TPM, so it's even more reason to assume Grievous would win. After that it goes on to say that because Darth Maul is stronger (more than likely meant physically stronger) than Kenobi, he was able to "wear the young Jedi down eventually". Grievous doesn't have to worry about that too much, seeing as he's practically a full cyborg, and Grievous is also physically stronger than Maul.

Now, we'll go on to Jedi kills.

Grievous has had far more lightsaber to lightsaber confrontation. We know he's killed such people as Master T'Chooka, Adi Gallia, and numerous other Jedi. At one point, Grievous is able to hold of five (or was it seven?) Jedi at once with only two lightsabers. Including Aayla Secura, and Council member, Ki-Adi Mundi. As I said, he was able to easily slice through Master T'Chooka who is described by the omniscient narrator as having "great skill" and being "strong in the Force":

(please log in to view the image)

Council Member and Jedi Master, Adi Gallia, as I said, was first pwned in a saberlock by General Grievous' extra hands, which I'd submit would happen to Maul as well probably:

That's two out of the numerous other Jedi he's killed. The Jedi Council even gives acknowledgment that General Grievous himself, not the army, is a threat to the Republic and the Jedi Order. They note his skill as exactly "the near indestructibility of a droid wedded with the skill of a deadly warrior":

I fail to see how Maul's Teräs Käsi skills will help him. By the time he throws a kick, his leg and arm will be severed from his body. In Labryinth of Evil, he's described as "Once merely a barbaric living being; now a cyborg monstrosity, devoted to death and destruction. Already the butcher of entire populations; the devastator of countless worlds...". Yes, you can say "go read Shadow Hunter!" or "Read the Darth Maul comics!", but I'll tell you I've read them, I've argued for Maul countless times - he will not win. Grievous did compete with, and defeat Asajj and Durge at the same time

From Labryinth of Evil: "The Geonosians had arranged for Grievous to be nothing but anger and rage. And as to the general's combat skills, few, if any, Jedi would be capable of defeating him. There had been moments during the extensive combat sessions when even Dooku had been hard-pressed to outduel the cyborg."

As it seems, that is completely true. There's few Jedi that are capable of defeating him, as we've seen many fall to his blade. Losing to ROTS Obi-Wan is hardly a negative for Grievous, btw. And it even says Count Dooku had had trouble at times to outduel Grievous. We also know that he fights smart if he's being outdueled, definitely smarter than Darth Maul ever was.

"These Jedi were more proficient than the ones he had fought in the bunker, but not skilled enough to challenge him."

This is just proving how Jedi really are no match for Grievous, he takes them out within a split second of raising his lightsaber. He's obviously a very capable duelist, to think Maul is more skilled with a lightsaber is ridiculous. Grievous annihilates Jedi as if they were nothing. He's also capable of dodging fully automatic fire, and ripping an assault vehicle down with apparent ease with his lightsaber.

As well, I doubt Maul will even come close to penetrating Grievous' body with punches and kicks, given Obi-Wan couldn't even do shit do it, and the fact it withstood a friggin' explosion.

As well, from Dark Rendezvous - "Possibly Asajj Ventress, his protegee, would be there, clamoring to be made his apprentice. He had a meeting scheduled with the formidable General Grievous, who was even more powerful than Ventress, but a great deal less interesting as a dinner-table conversationalist."

Grievous is described as being "more powerful than Ventress", who I'd rank equivalent or slightly below Darth Maul. Anyways, to sum up this post: Grievous wins.

In terms of having Force powers enabled for the fight, Darth Maul might be able to win; as he knows Force grip, but that's the only actual damaging technique in Darth Maul's arsenal.

"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent." - Sagacious Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2007 10:06 PM
Click here to Send Advent a Private Message Find more posts by Advent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vader11

Originally posted by jollyjim311
Tough fight. I can never decide.
Agree.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2007 10:06 PM
Click here to Send vader11 a Private Message Find more posts by vader11 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Apollo Cloud
Restricted

Account Restricted

Grievous is stronger, faster, has mastered all 7 forms, and has his own unique unorthodox form. Maul has precognitive abilities, and isn't so robotic, but that's about it. Gman has this.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2007 10:07 PM
Click here to Send Apollo Cloud a Private Message Find more posts by Apollo Cloud Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Advent
Just Leaving

Originally posted by Apollo Cloud
Gman has this.

G-Man, haha. I hate that bastard.

"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent." - Sagacious Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2007 10:08 PM
Click here to Send Advent a Private Message Find more posts by Advent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Apollo Cloud
Restricted

Account Restricted

The wanabee droideka or the dude from Half-Life?

Old Post Apr 10th, 2007 10:10 PM
Click here to Send Apollo Cloud a Private Message Find more posts by Apollo Cloud Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kiddo44

Grievous with difficulty.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2007 10:10 PM
Click here to Send kiddo44 a Private Message Find more posts by kiddo44 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Advent
Just Leaving

The wanabee droideka or the dude from Half-Life?

The one from Half-Life.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2007 10:13 PM
Apollo Cloud
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah, that slimy muthurfvcker gave me the creeps.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2007 10:17 PM
vader11

Isn't ROTS GG is weaker than CW GG?

Old Post Apr 10th, 2007 10:18 PM
Click here to Send vader11 a Private Message Find more posts by vader11 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Apollo Cloud
Restricted

Account Restricted

I have no clue, I haven't read LoE, and apparently it contradicts the part of the CW Cartoons where Grievous gets force crushed by Mace, and I'd imagine that LoE takes precedence, but whatever, I really have no clue.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2007 10:20 PM
reborn_213
Scruffy Nerf Herder

If Dooku beat Greivous every time, then I doubt it would be a walk in the park for Greivous to beat Maul. In a pure saber confrontation, I'll give it to Greivous 6-7/10.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2007 10:23 PM
Click here to Send reborn_213 a Private Message Find more posts by reborn_213 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

@ G-man.
Haha, yeah, he's one weird mofo.

Necessity is the mother of inventions.
(Don't be a pig, get an Icejaw sig.)

Old Post Apr 10th, 2007 10:24 PM
Click here to Send kamikz a Private Message Find more posts by kamikz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Apollo Cloud
Restricted

Account Restricted

And what, Dooku would beat Maul anytime as well.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2007 10:27 PM
vader11

Once this is ROTS GG, I say this is a close fight.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2007 10:28 PM
Apollo Cloud
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh my fricking god, and I'm not even joking when I say this, but Kadesh just PMed me two pictures of naked men with their faces edited out and Darth Bane masks added in.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2007 10:32 PM
reborn_213
Scruffy Nerf Herder

Oh my fricking god, and I'm not even joking when I say this, but Kadesh just PMed me two pictures of naked men with their faces edited out and Darth Bane masks added in.

... That's.... cute. I guess...

Old Post Apr 10th, 2007 10:34 PM