KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Obi-Wan Kenobi vs. Darth Bane

Obi-Wan Kenobi vs. Darth Bane
Started by: Darth Scythe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Scythe
Wheres my grape drink?

Obi-Wan Kenobi vs. Darth Bane

Its Kenobi post ROTS around the time he pwned A'sharad so he's been meditating in the desert for a bit. Versus Bane after Ruusan right before he gets his orbalisks.

Its an all out fight that takes place in the jungles of Felucia.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2007 11:53 PM
Click here to Send Darth Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hm..

I'm gonna go with Obi-Wan, but by a long LONG shot.

Wait.. is this force included? Never mind he just gets trashed, then.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2007 11:56 PM
Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Scythe
Wheres my grape drink?

Yeah its all out. Sabers/Force included.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2007 12:02 AM
Click here to Send Darth Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

Bane wins, but close.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2007 01:10 AM
Click here to Send darthsith19 a Private Message Find more posts by darthsith19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

Close? I don't think so. Bane takes this by a large margin.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2007 11:23 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue_Hefner

Obi-Wan puts up laughable resistant, and Bane wins pretty easily, even though Obi-Wan would be the only Jedi Bane's ever fought

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2007 11:30 PM
Click here to Send Blue_Hefner a Private Message Find more posts by Blue_Hefner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Count Makashi
Count Dookus number 1 fan

Bane wins, but only because of the better Force powers.

General G made this sig, but i am going to keep annoying him.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2007 06:59 PM
Click here to Send Count Makashi a Private Message Find more posts by Count Makashi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GenomeFrozener
The Last Boss

Darth Bane

Oh yeah! SUCK MY...duck?

Old Post Oct 4th, 2007 07:20 PM
Click here to Send GenomeFrozener a Private Message Find more posts by GenomeFrozener Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vader11

Bane wins.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2007 07:45 PM
Click here to Send vader11 a Private Message Find more posts by vader11 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

In a saber fight I've gotta give the slight edge to Kenobi. But overall Bane is superior to Obi-Wan, so he wins.

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Oct 4th, 2007 08:28 PM
Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ihavenoname

seeing hteres force bane would just use force crush

Old Post Oct 5th, 2007 07:47 PM
Click here to Send ihavenoname a Private Message Find more posts by ihavenoname Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

Obi Wan takes it in a close fight. How strong is Bane? I doubt that he's as strong as Dooku. I've read through POD and other than the fact that it's not one of the best novels - even in SW - I never got the impression Bane would crash someone like Obi Wan with the force.

Unless we're saying Bane by this point was stronger than ROTS Anakin in the force? The same Anakin that could bring down ceilings with a scream and lift objects weighing tons with ease.

All I'm saying is Bane doesn't seem to have Dooku's level of force mastery, and I could see him get himself beat down by Obi Wan in a lightsaber duel.

Iboga chose not to fight, to allow himself to evolve. He had the wisdom to abandon the actions of war when he knew they would no longer serve him.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2007 08:26 AM
Click here to Send Allankles a Private Message Find more posts by Allankles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Proteus
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lol, you're crazy. I'd even argue that Quordis - the guy that Bane utterly tooled with the force - would be beyond Obi-Wan in the force, simply because of his statues in his order, and the fact that as a natural force spirit, he was still able to use the force whereas Obi-Wan couldn't do squat.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2007 09:32 AM
Click here to Send Proteus a Private Message Find more posts by Proteus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

That's assuming the whole Qordis being a spirit wasn't retconned. Oops, it was!

Old Post Oct 9th, 2007 12:59 PM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Proteus
Restricted

Account Restricted

Since when exactly? Quit making shit up.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2007 02:49 PM
Click here to Send Proteus a Private Message Find more posts by Proteus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Proteus
Since when exactly? Quit making shit up.

Since POD came out. No qordis ghost, no Kaan ghost, no Freedon Nadd holocron, etc..

Old Post Oct 9th, 2007 02:55 PM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Proteus
Restricted

Account Restricted

How does PoD retcon the part of BotS where Quordis appears as a spirit a spirit?

Old Post Oct 9th, 2007 03:04 PM
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Proteus
How does PoD retcon the part of BotS where Quordis appears as a spirit a spirit?

Because apparently he didn't go to Onderon and find out the rule of two, which would rule out any of that stuff I said, from happening.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2007 03:24 PM
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

And claiming that quordis is stronger than obi wan simply because of his status is absurd seeing that every apprentice is a "sith lord" in the brotherhood of darkness

Old Post Oct 9th, 2007 03:46 PM
Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Proteus
Restricted

Account Restricted

Actually, it was that coupled along with how powerful his spirit was, and no, not every Apprentice is a Sith Lord in the Brotherhood; the most talented students became Dark Lords towards the end of the war, and that was because not only had they become as powerful as most of the Dark Lords within the BoD, but because the BoD needed more of them on the Battlefield. Quordis, being the head of the most important Academy, and one of the top 3 sith, is very powerful.

Yet when Bane applied a force choke on him, his force defence was described as being torn away by Bane's attack as if it wasn't even there. bane absoultely demolished Quordis with the force, and he'd do the same to Obi-Wan.

Sexy, I really have no idea what you're talking about. PoD doesn't make note of anything that takes place after the book at all, so I don't know where you got the idea that he 'apparently didn't go to Onderon' from.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2007 04:03 PM