KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Bane vs Yoda

Darth Bane vs Yoda
Started by: Darth Hord

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Elite Hunter

Darth Bane vs Yoda

Its RO2 Darth Bane vs ROTS Yoda
Bane does have his full orbalisk armor
Fight takes place out side of the Rakatan Temple on Lehon

1. Fore fight

2. Sabers only

3. All out

Old Post Dec 28th, 2007 03:18 PM
Click here to Send Elite Hunter a Private Message Find more posts by Elite Hunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Yoda takes all.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2007 05:35 PM
Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

This is a tough one because Bane is a saber beast and he has his orbalisks, which would make it very hard for Yoda to kill him. However, he's never faced anyone like Yoda before, while Yoda fought Sidious to a standstill. Seeing as how Sidious had the most powerful version of force lightning and at the very most, Bane rivals him, I see no advantage for Bane since Yoda can just fling it back at him. I would have to give this to Yoda because despite of Bane's mastery of the force, Yoda was able to stalemate and almost defeat someone superior to Bane.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2007 07:32 PM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Yoda takes this

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 28th, 2007 11:03 PM
Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vader11

Yoda wins.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2007 11:05 PM
Click here to Send vader11 a Private Message Find more posts by vader11 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Next!

Old Post Dec 28th, 2007 11:06 PM
Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm so glad you dipshits can post such a convincing argument. I guess Rex stopped banning noobs.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2007 11:09 PM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Actually Sexy you pretty much summed it all up. Congrats!

Old Post Dec 28th, 2007 11:11 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Force fight: Bane. simply because thers not much that Yoda can really do to him with the Force except chuck stuff at him.That would do much though because of the orbalisks. Plus Bane knows all sorts of nasty darkside offensive stuff.
Saber dual: Bane. Again because of the orbalisks. they augment his strength and speed and make 90% of his body impregnable. Whats Yoda gonna do anyway? Bite his shins? lol. I know Yoda's a master swordsman but so is Bane and he just has too many advantages
All-out: Its got to be Bane. For the arguement.s above.

Game, set and match. Bane wins all three. big grin big grin big grin big grin

Old Post Dec 30th, 2007 12:47 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I'm new to this so sorry about the spelling mistakes in my previous comment. embarrasment embarrasment embarrasment
Corrections:
Theres, not thers.
That wouldn't instead of that would.
Again sorry for the mistakes.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2007 12:52 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elite Hunter

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Exodus
I'm new to this so sorry about the spelling mistakes in my previous comment. embarrasment embarrasment embarrasment
Corrections:
Theres, not thers.
That wouldn't instead of that would.
Again sorry for the mistakes.

It's ok about your mistake but for future reference you have 15 minute period after your posts to edit them. BTW welcome to KMC smokin'

EDIT: I'm going with Yoda in all 3 In the Force Yoda could tk him and if Bane tries to hit him with lightning he could just reflect it. And as it is shown in the new Rule of Two Book Bane's orbalisk armor is weak against lightning and will die (Bane was knocked out after his lightning hit him) plus the toxin from the orbalisk kills him in 3 days. Sabers I'm going for Yoda (see Darth Sexy's reasoning) and all out it will be close but I think Yoda could beat him/

Last edited by Elite Hunter on Dec 30th, 2007 at 01:06 AM

Old Post Dec 30th, 2007 12:55 AM
Click here to Send Elite Hunter a Private Message Find more posts by Elite Hunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Bane has other attacks than just lightning. Revan knew lots, including:
force choke, force drain, life drain, force terror etc and she would have taught these to Bane.
Bane also has force disintegrate (as shown by Zannah) and force blast (took out a whole temple). He also pulled a whole Moon out of orbit. Yoda hasn't done anything even close to that except struggle to pull a starfighter out of some mud.
Also, I agree that Bane would have trouble with Yoda because of his unfamiliar style, but I sill think that Bane's too well protected and too aggressive. If Dooku can do it then so can the suped-up Bane. evil face

Old Post Dec 30th, 2007 10:35 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the welcome!!! big grin big grin

Old Post Dec 30th, 2007 10:37 AM
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Bane has other attacks than just lightning. Revan knew lots, including:
force choke, force drain, life drain, force terror etc and she would have taught these to Bane.
Question, will these work on a force user more powerful than darth bane? Whats going to stop yoad from lifting bane with the force and bang him like a ragdoll seeing that yoda could lift up mountains?

Bane also has force disintegrate (as shown by Zannah)
Bad logic, zannah popped that guys hand without any training from bane.

and force blast (took out a whole temple).
Its called force wave where vader is just as good as bane in that category, oh and he destroyed the foundations of a 25 000 year old temple, not the whole temple itself.

He also pulled a whole Moon out of orbit.
Don't lie, he NEVER pulled a moon out of orbit.

Yoda hasn't done anything even close to that except struggle to pull a starfighter out of some mud.
See the above.

Also, I agree that Bane would have trouble with Yoda because of his unfamiliar style, but I sill think that Bane's too well protected and too aggressive. If Dooku can do it then so can the suped-up Bane. evil face
Actually i think bane can fair up pretty well and give a hard fight to yoda but will ultimately lose.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2007 10:53 AM
Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

Yoda hasn't done anything even close to that except struggle to pull a starfighter out of some mud

yoda was throwing around CIS ships during the clones wars erm

Old Post Dec 30th, 2007 11:19 AM
Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

quote:
Question, will these work on a force user more powerful than darth bane? Whats going to stop yoad from lifting bane with the force and bang him like a ragdoll seeing that yoda could lift up mountains?

No-ones ever used some of those techniques around Yoda. We don't if he'll be able to block them.
To the TK comment I say that, safe in his orbalisks, Bane would just fold his arms over his head and wait for Yoda to get tired.
And when did Yoda lift up mountains ?

quote:
Don't lie, he NEVER pulled a moon out of orbit.

(shrug) well everyone else was saying it so I put it in. Sorry if its untrue.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2007 11:32 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

quote:
yoda was throwing around CIS ships during the clones wars

Ships that were already flying!!! (probably)

Old Post Dec 30th, 2007 11:34 AM
MadMel
Heh

he still threw them about like they were his plaything...he made them smack into eachother...rather funny to watch big grin

still better than -
quote:
Yoda hasn't done anything even close to that except struggle to pull a starfighter out of some mud.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2007 11:37 AM
Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

quote:
he still threw them about like they were his plaything...he made them smack into eachother...rather funny to watch

It does sound funny. lol laughing
That still doesn't do anything about the orbalisk's.
They're Impregnable, remember.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2007 11:59 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

quote:
Actually i think bane can fair up pretty well and give a hard fight to yoda but will ultimately lose

You're still not taking in to consideration the fact that there isn't much that Yoda can do to him. All he can reach is his feet and hands (both really hard to hit). Eventually Bane would beat him, if only in stamina war.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2007 12:05 PM