KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Anakin FP vs. Luke FP

Anakin FP vs. Luke FP
Started by: Skwalker891

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Skwalker891

Anakin FP vs. Luke FP

i don't know if this forum was made cause i just entered this site if you can tell me how to search for it tell me.. but anyway i thought about something anakin FP was suppose to be the most powerful being in the universe i am starting to question that cause people have been saying luke has the same potential as anakin and was what anakin should of been. i want your opinions who would win

take in fact... don't say anakin just cause he's powerful

- how he uses his power
- his tactics
- controll of the force
- and feelings (big thing anakin might not go hard on luke cause of his son...don't know if he would care, but)

discuss

Old Post Feb 27th, 2008 12:00 AM
Click here to Send Skwalker891 a Private Message Find more posts by Skwalker891 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Skwalker891

im really surprised no one commented on this thread if it's stupid just tell me but also tell me why won't get mad

Old Post Feb 27th, 2008 03:13 AM
Click here to Send Skwalker891 a Private Message Find more posts by Skwalker891 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

For one, full-potential Anakin never happened. If he wasn't such an asshat we would've been able to see what an older, wiser, more level-headed and experienced Anakin could've been like. This is like debating Sith Yoda vs. Jedi Palpatine: pointless.

Besides, it's been done about a thousand times before. There's a search feature.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2008 03:23 AM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Skwalker891

oh well thanks i didn't know

Old Post Feb 27th, 2008 03:25 AM
Eminence
Boss

It happens.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2008 03:25 AM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

At full potential, Anakin>all. Never happened though.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2008 03:45 AM
Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Potential is more than genetics; it's mental too. That's why Obi-Wan was able to school Anakin in combat and elsewhere.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2008 05:10 PM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
0°Mandalore°0
Mandalorian Pride

True, Anakin was mentally and emotionally affected in his fight against Kenobi. But I have no doubt he truly believes he actually is the most powerful of the most powerful (at least his dark side self).

A warrior knows nothing of surrender.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2008 09:25 PM
Click here to Send 0°Mandalore°0 a Private Message Find more posts by 0°Mandalore°0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Most powerful in Force potential of anyone who's undergone a midi-chlorian test. That's still a pretty small pool.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2008 09:27 PM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightsnake

Jedi vs. Sith confirms that the Jedi used that method since the inception of the Order, I believe. The pool just became bigger

Old Post Feb 28th, 2008 09:47 PM
Click here to Send Lightsnake a Private Message Find more posts by Lightsnake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Does it? Well, I'll be... Where specifically?

Old Post Feb 29th, 2008 04:47 AM
Lightsnake

Let me check with Escape when he's back on? He has the book at hand, I don't. I'll find you the page number/paragraph when I can.

Old Post Feb 29th, 2008 05:36 AM
Click here to Send Lightsnake a Private Message Find more posts by Lightsnake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

I have the book, what are you looking for

Old Post Feb 29th, 2008 05:40 AM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

quote:
Jedi vs. Sith confirms that the Jedi used that method since the inception of the Order

^ That.

Old Post Feb 29th, 2008 03:39 PM
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

P.G 57. "Although the method by which the ancient jedi detected potential force users was lost to time, records indicate that the Jedi, shortly after Ruusan, either discovered or rediscovered the existence of Midichlorians. The Great Holocron confirms that the Jedi relied upon this blood analysis method up until the Jedi purge.

Old Post Feb 29th, 2008 04:27 PM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

So Anakin might not be the best ever. I need to do some revising.

Old Post Feb 29th, 2008 04:30 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Col. Valerian
Republic Navy

Wasn't it stated somewhere that FP Anakin > everyone else?

Old Post Feb 29th, 2008 08:24 PM
Click here to Send Col. Valerian a Private Message Find more posts by Col. Valerian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightsnake

Ah, my error then.

Granted, Anakin's full potential does surpass any other.

The NEC says, in the old Republic section, 'a child with potential in the Force greater than any other' was discovered on Tatooine.

Old Post Feb 29th, 2008 08:40 PM
Col. Valerian
Republic Navy

Then he certainly does.

Old Post Feb 29th, 2008 08:47 PM
Click here to Send Col. Valerian a Private Message Find more posts by Col. Valerian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

NEC shouldn't be taken as gospel though, as the author is clearly in-universe and fallible. While I'm not saying Anakin couldn't have the highest potential ever (As that was certainly GL's desire, but most EU characters surpass Anakin many times over), it just seems incorrect to keep assuming he's the best in light of people like DE Sidious, Luke, Nihilus, etc.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2008 07:47 PM