KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Secret Apprentice VS RoT Darth Bane

Secret Apprentice VS RoT Darth Bane
Started by: Master_Starbuck

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Master_Starbuck
Restricted

Account Restricted

Secret Apprentice VS RoT Darth Bane

The setting for this match is that cleared space on Kashyyyk where the battle in RotS took place.

They are standing on the beach.

This is Bane from the end of Rule of Two and the Secret Apprentice from TFU. (We'll say him from the end of the game)

Round 1: Lightsabers

Round 2: The Force

Round 3: Anything goes.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2008 11:44 PM
Click here to Send Master_Starbuck a Private Message Find more posts by Master_Starbuck Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

we know nothing about how powerful the apprentice can really be by the end of the game, so until then i say let this die, and we'll bring it back then stick out tongue
but just for the hell of it ill say bane wins erm

Old Post Apr 15th, 2008 11:53 PM
Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Well what do we even know about the Apprentice?

Old Post Apr 15th, 2008 11:54 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Master_Starbuck
Restricted

Account Restricted

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Secret_Apprentice

He can pull a Star Destroyer out of the sky. big grin

Old Post Apr 15th, 2008 11:58 PM
Click here to Send Master_Starbuck a Private Message Find more posts by Master_Starbuck Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Master_Starbuck
Restricted

Account Restricted

Read, read. Then make your descisions!

MadMel
Heh

he can bring a star destroyer to the ground, and hes physically strong enough to rip a cannon from an ATST with his bare hands and use it like a club...other than that, he has no real feats that make him exceptional erm

Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Master_Starbuck
Restricted

Account Restricted

LOL!

Old Post Apr 15th, 2008 11:59 PM
Elite Hunter

From what we know the apprentice is seems to be a powerful force user who knows force lightning and he seems to be a capable lightsaber duelist.

Here is my prediction now since the novel (ultimately the canon source for TFU) is not out yet so we really don't have much to go by.
Sabers= Bane.
Force only=apprentice though he may in fact lose,I'd give an ever so slight edge to him now only from what we have seen in the trailer and Bane's weakness to lightning.
All out=Bane with difficulty

Old Post Apr 16th, 2008 12:03 AM
Click here to Send Elite Hunter a Private Message Find more posts by Elite Hunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elite Hunter

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MadMel
hes physically strong enough to rip a cannon from an ATST with his bare hands and use it like a club...other than that, he has no real feats that make him exceptional erm

say what?

Old Post Apr 16th, 2008 12:05 AM
Click here to Send Elite Hunter a Private Message Find more posts by Elite Hunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Master_Starbuck
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hmm, interesting.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2008 12:05 AM
Col. Valerian
Republic Navy

... As far as we know, MadMe .... I remind you the game has not come out yet.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2008 12:13 AM
Click here to Send Col. Valerian a Private Message Find more posts by Col. Valerian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that Nebaris will make his way to this thread, post something regarding Darth Bane's awesome ability to function as a conduit for planet-destroying energy and that the Apprentice's lightning is hardly sufficient to breach the orbalisk armor and would be subsequently owned in a matter of seconds.

That said, the Apprentice has supposedly been tortured and trained to use the Force on a "whole new level" and (according to Hayden Blackman) he is what Luke Skywalker might have became if Luke had accepted Vader's offer to become his apprentice. He has demonstrated the ability to pull an Imperial-class Star Destroyer out of the sky without any difficulty, and this is one of the very largest capital ships in history -- and then stopped it. He also has demonstrated sufficient telekinesis to crumple an AT-ST into a durasteel ball, as well as to create a vortex of psychokinesis that sucks in vast objects like a black hole, as well as create shockwaves of energy capable of destroying armored stormtroopers, walls, and containers.

Can't wait to play the game.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2008 01:10 AM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Col. Valerian
Republic Navy

Neither can I.

And if what you said is true, then the Apprentice could have the potential to become one of the most powerful Sith all-time, maybe even the most powerful.

Last edited by Col. Valerian on Apr 16th, 2008 at 01:21 AM

Old Post Apr 16th, 2008 01:18 AM
Click here to Send Col. Valerian a Private Message Find more posts by Col. Valerian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

Originally posted by Gideon
He has demonstrated the ability to pull an Imperial-class Star Destroyer out of the sky without any difficulty, and this is one of the very largest capital ships in history -- and then stopped it.
Stopping the SD wouldn't take that much effort, considering the absolutely ridiculous amounts of friction that would come into play when something that large hits the ground at relatively low speeds. Keep in mind that the front half of the Invisible Hand was coming in at extremely high speeds, but slowed down rather quickly with Anakin's help and came to a stop within about fifteen seconds of hitting the ground.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2008 01:19 AM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Col. Valerian
Republic Navy

Pulling it down is still more impressive, so it is irrelevant whether it's difficult to stop it or not.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2008 01:22 AM
GenomeFrozener
The Last Boss

Will he replace NJO Luke as the "Force God"?

Oh yeah! SUCK MY...duck?

Old Post Apr 16th, 2008 02:24 AM
Click here to Send GenomeFrozener a Private Message Find more posts by GenomeFrozener Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Col. Valerian
Republic Navy

Maybe. We won't know until the game is released.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2008 02:36 AM
xxxpoppunker182

we won't know until the book is released because that will cannonize just how powerful he is because honestly i'm assuming that gameplay is going to be as awesome as it is so people will buy the game and so lucasarts can make even more money

Old Post Apr 16th, 2008 02:45 AM
Click here to Send xxxpoppunker182 a Private Message Find more posts by xxxpoppunker182 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Col. Valerian
Republic Navy

Yes, you are correct. My mistake, then 'we won't know until the novelization is released'.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2008 02:52 AM
truejedi

Originally posted by Lt. Valerian
Pulling it down is still more impressive, so it is irrelevant whether it's difficult to stop it or not.

once again, we have no proof he actually pulls it down, and IF he does, it is just plain stupid, and throws the whole Star Wars universe out of whack ONCE again. Hopefully, he used mind control, or sabotaged the ship somehow, that's what i'm hoping for, because if he just rips a star destroyer out of orbit, we might as well all quit this forum now, because he becomes the automatic winner at everythign. (unless of course, he is faced by the intimidating Dorsk 81!!!! j/p (8

i would also like to point out, that he probably knows thousands of force moves NO ONE else knows, because whenever he chokes somebody in the force (if you watch the trailers on LucasArts.com) he creates cool little glowy neon lights that i've never seen any other force-choker create! same with force push! not only does he push everyone back, but he also uses the force in minute ways to subtly rearrange the molecular structure of the air around his targets in order to change the color of light those molecules absorb! thus the "clear" air, changes color to green, yellow, red, or even purple! no one has ever used that level of microscopic control with the force since perhaps Darth Plageious, (and we assume that midichlorians are at least larger than the molecular level, so with all probability, we see the force excersized with the greatest amount of precision and skill that we have ever seen in all of star wars, simply by his manipulation of the color of his force attacks! (i'm of course mocking the game play i've seen so far, and trying to instantly discredit anything so ridiculous a character accomplishes, but i hope you see my point.)

as a final argument as to the greatness of the apprentice, he can thrust his light saber into the chest of a stormtrooper, leave it there for a few seconds, while once again manipulating the molecules into changing color on the visible spectrum, and then pull it out, the stormtrooper drops dead, but there isn't a mark on him! amazingly, the secret apprentice has used the force to rebond, at the very least, his stormtrooper armor, and since there is no visible mark, once again, the armor has been manipulated at the molecular level in order to reform the bonds, even down to the white paint on the armor....

so in short, i'm incredibly disappointed with what i've seen from this game so far: when do we get a realistic combat game for star wars? the last was JA, and that was so long ago, and the graphics have moved so much furher, they could do so much better, and now they are making what seems like a kiddie game with all lightsaber control, and violence neatly removed.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2008 03:09 AM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote