KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Star Forge empowered Malak vs Mace Windu (Takes place on the Star Forge)

Star Forge empowered Malak vs Mace Windu (Takes place on the Star Forge)
Started by: Kotor3

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kotor3

Star Forge empowered Malak vs Mace Windu (Takes place on the Star Forge)

I view Mace Windu with high regard but I do not believe he could do what Revan did. So I am going with Malak.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2008 01:44 AM
Click here to Send Kotor3 a Private Message Find more posts by Kotor3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Subjekt
The beginning of the end.

Well, with Vaapad, the stronger the darkside energies being thrown at him, the more he has to work with a use himself. I'm not too sure on how much the SF boosts Malak, but i don't think it would be enough to defeat Sidious, which Mace did up until Anakin interfered. Even the lightning was a detriment to Sidious, himself.

So, I'm leaning towards Mace, but I won't say its a clear cut victory until I hear from someone who knows a little bit more about Malak.

Thanks to Advent for the Sig!

Old Post Aug 7th, 2008 03:00 AM
Click here to Send Darth Subjekt a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Subjekt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

well malaks attacks are stronger on the SF for one and if this takes place on the platform that he battled revan, then he would have the advantage of draining captive jedi to replenish his energies.

I'm leaning with windu on this one.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2008 11:04 AM
Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kotor3

The battle does take place where Malak fought Revan. I guess the question is could Mace repeatedly take down Malak?

Old Post Aug 7th, 2008 01:44 PM
Click here to Send Kotor3 a Private Message Find more posts by Kotor3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Man of Christ
Apostle and Preacher

Mace pwned siddious in less than5 minutes, why should a star forge empowered malak be a threat? malak is nowhere near siddious in terms of power, maybe malak is about in dooku league, this is so 1 sided

Acts 4:12
Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

angel

Old Post Aug 7th, 2008 01:47 PM
Click here to Send Man of Christ a Private Message Find more posts by Man of Christ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kotor3

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Man of Christ
Mace pwned siddious in less than5 minutes, why should a star forge empowered malak be a threat? malak is nowhere near siddious in terms of power, maybe malak is about in dooku league, this is so 1 sided

True, however even though Mace disarmed Sidious he did not necessarily defeat him. We do know that Sidious decided to stay on the ground in act of seducing Anakin to the dark side. If Anakin never came I doubt Sidious would have let himself die.

Mace only defeated Sidious in a saber battle. When Sidious was fighting for his life against Yoda he was not defeated. In that fight we again saw Sidious without his saber.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2008 03:06 PM
Kotor3

Another factor to consider, does Mace have the force techniques to counter what Malak would throw at him? Does Mace have the strength and will power to resist the dark energies on the Star Forge?

Old Post Aug 7th, 2008 05:43 PM
Null ARC Avis
The best, the elite.

you are all using the Mace>sidious>Malak = Mace>Malak formula, which is the infamous A>B>C = A>C formula, which means very little. Mace beat sidious in a saber dual, and sidious honestly isnt too good with a blade. Malak, on the other hand, was a very well trained swordsman, better than sidious i must say, and will but up a much better dual than Sidious did against Mace. Plus Malak has 8 or so lives here, and his dark side powers are strengthened by the power of the star forge. Windu is good, but he isnt God. I think Malak will eventually take him.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2008 04:29 AM
Click here to Send Null ARC Avis a Private Message Find more posts by Null ARC Avis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
joesdabest1

Originally posted by Null ARC Avis
you are all using the Mace>sidious>Malak = Mace>Malak formula, which is the infamous A>B>C = A>C formula, which means very little. Mace beat sidious in a saber dual, and sidious honestly isnt too good with a blade. Malak, on the other hand, was a very well trained swordsman, better than sidious i must say, and will but up a much better dual than Sidious did against Mace. Plus Malak has 8 or so lives here, and his dark side powers are strengthened by the power of the star forge. Windu is good, but he isnt God. I think Malak will eventually take him.

Sidious is def. better than Malak with a saber.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2008 06:24 AM
Click here to Send joesdabest1 a Private Message Find more posts by joesdabest1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Null ARC Avis
The best, the elite.

prove it.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2008 06:43 AM
Click here to Send Null ARC Avis a Private Message Find more posts by Null ARC Avis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

He shouldn't have to... It's pretty apparent.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2008 06:44 AM
Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Null ARC Avis
The best, the elite.

ive been gone a while. please, enlighten me.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2008 06:50 AM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Talking to the wrong troll.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2008 06:59 AM
Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

ive been gone a while. please, enlighten me.
Really? What exactly shows that malak is THAT impressive with the saber? Sidious was able to TOOL 3 of the greatest jedi swordsman in the orders history in a few seconds and this sidious did not wield the blade for 13 years, imagine how much more brutal and monstrous he would be during his peak.

Oh and windu tools malak in a saber duel.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2008 08:02 AM
Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elite Hunter

Malak's saber skills are even more of an unknown then Revan's. We know that someone(Revan?) cut off his jaw, we know that he defeated your party on the Leviathan 3v1 and we know that Revan killed him on the star forge, while he may have been the second greatest duelist while he was alive, there is not even evidence to put him on Windu's level.

Plus Malak has 8 or so lives here,

Malak has 1 life with option to drain the jedi in stasis to empower/replenish himself but if Windu strikes him with a fatal blow like that type Sidious lands on the 3 jedi (they die instantly and fall to the ground) than he would have no way to recover.

That said should he drain the captive jedi ahead of time he does stand a better chance of winning if he uses the force and can avoid the Sidious makeover.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2008 11:06 AM
Click here to Send Elite Hunter a Private Message Find more posts by Elite Hunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Master Crimzon
Baby Killer

Lawlz. Sidious is amazing with a blade, and has far more feats and quotes in comparison to Malak. Mace was capable of beating him with with a saber thanks to the advantages of Vaapad and Shatterpoint, advantages he will also have fighting 'gainst Malak.

To support this:

-Sidious was capable at speeds identified only as a 'blur' in the canonical RotS novel. I've already explained many, many times why I believe that certain piece of information is canonical, so I won't repeat it again.
-Sidious utterly decimated three of the greatest swordsmen in the Order's history. Not too good with a blade, eh?
-Stalemated Yoda, the 'most devastatingly powerful foe the darkness had ever known' in lightsaber combat.
-Was said to be a level 9, on par with people like Yoda and Mace, in terms of lightsaber combat abilities by Nick Gillard.

Malak is virtually an unknown in terms of saber combat abilities. He definetly dies in the lightsaber duel.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2008 12:15 PM
Click here to Send Master Crimzon a Private Message Find more posts by Master Crimzon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kotor3

Just because we do not know about Malak’s combat history does not mean that Mace would come in and take care of Malak in a saber combat. To say so is pure speculation since you don’t know. Both were great swordsman with one you have more history.

If you want to say Mace is better fine but the fight is going to entail the use of the force which Malak has the advantage. There are many factors to this fight that people are not considering:

One – History showed that Revan was strong willed and able to resist powerful dark energies (such as emitted from Malachor V) as a light user and feed off of dark energies and a dark user.

Two – Revan knew how Malak fought his style, strengths, and weaknesses.

Three – The layout of the Star Forge was not unknown to Revan.

Unfortunately Mace has none of those advantages. I cannot not recall history showing Mace being able to resist dark energies emitted from something as powerful as the Star Forge. Remember the Star Forge corrupted a whole race because of the power of the dark energies emitted from it.

Is Mace powerful and strong willed enough to be able to keep his composure and defeat Malak?

Old Post Aug 8th, 2008 12:38 PM
Man of Christ
Apostle and Preacher

Originally posted by Kotor3
Just because we do not know about Malak’s combat history does not mean that Mace would come in and take care of Malak in a saber combat. To say so is pure speculation since you don’t know. Both were great swordsman with one you have more history.

If you want to say Mace is better fine but the fight is going to entail the use of the force which Malak has the advantage. There are many factors to this fight that people are not considering:

One – History showed that Revan was strong willed and able to resist powerful dark energies (such as emitted from Malachor V) as a light user and feed off of dark energies and a dark user.

Unfortunately Mace has none of those advantages. I cannot not recall history showing Mace being able to resist dark energies emitted from something as powerful as the Star Forge. Remember the Star Forge corrupted a whole race because of the power of the dark energies emitted from it.

Is Mace powerful and strong willed enough to be able to keep his composure and defeat Malak?

again his "force power" and thier potential vary with gameplay, if i went through kotor and beat malak using force drain and force breach then to me, malak is a weak force user, so his powers are too unknown but we certainly know he is below siddious who many sources hold as the top sith.

secondly mace has vaapad which revan doesnt know about.

third does the star forge give malak a 10% boost a 20% boost? who knows,

besides kotor gameplay is in NO way a reliable source because i played the scenario through where you take bastilla and canderous into the starforge and

canderous a normal human being with a vibroblade was taking out sith with relative ease, can that really happen? NO

so you cant rely on gameplay to know malak's abilities, nor can you rely on what you saw when you played as revan and fought malak.

heres another though.

maybe the jedi of yesterday were not as strong as todays jedi and people like yoda, mace, and anakin came along and raised the curve?

there are too many unknowns but the only known is that mace beat the most powerful sith and turned his immense dark energies against him and scared him for life. that much is known

Acts 4:12
Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

angel

Old Post Aug 8th, 2008 02:21 PM
Click here to Send Man of Christ a Private Message Find more posts by Man of Christ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elite Hunter

Just because we do not know about Malak’s combat history does not mean that Mace would come in and take care of Malak in a saber combat. To say so is pure speculation since you don’t know. Both were great swordsman with one you have more history. ?

Malak has never faced the type of people Mace had in saber combat. Your entire argument is based on the lack of information for Malak. It is very stupid to say that Malak can compare to Mace in saber combat because he might be really good with zero evidence to back it up. While Mace is one of the deadliest duelists of all time. The fact is he doesn't and probably never will.

quote:

You do realize that it took a very long time for the Rakatan to be corrupted by the star forge and Mace would only be on it for this battle.

Last edited by Elite Hunter on Aug 8th, 2008 at 02:54 PM

Old Post Aug 8th, 2008 02:45 PM
Click here to Send Elite Hunter a Private Message Find more posts by Elite Hunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:

Vapaad.

quote:

Excuses. A godo duelist should not lose simply because someone "knows their style". Anakin lost because he's an idiot. Not simply because Obi-Wan knew his style..

quote:

... no expression

quote:
I cannot not recall history showing Mace being able to resist dark energies emitted from something as powerful as the Star Forge. Remember the Star Forge corrupted a whole race because of the power of the dark energies emitted from it.

It doesn't really matter. The worse that'll happen if Mace "succumbs to the dark energies" is that his Vapaad will become even more lethal and after he wipes the floor with Malak he'll go darkside and forever be a dark Jedi... that doesn't have any bearing on this fight hough.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2008 02:52 PM