KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Mace Windu VS. Darth Nihilus

Mace Windu VS. Darth Nihilus
Started by: DarthCuddles

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarthCuddles

Mace Windu VS. Darth Nihilus

Rots Mace Vs. Darth Nihilus

1.Sabre
2. Force
3. All Out

Location- Bridge of the Ravager

Old Post Aug 19th, 2008 11:43 PM
Click here to Send DarthCuddles a Private Message Find more posts by DarthCuddles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Icy Ninja
Ninja Sith

1. Mace
2. Nihilus
3.could go either way. If Nihlius can use his drain right away then he wins but if mace can force a saber duel to happen before Nihilus can use his drain then he wins

Old Post Aug 19th, 2008 11:57 PM
Click here to Send Icy Ninja a Private Message Find more posts by Icy Ninja Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

Nihilus takes all three, for reasons I've mentioned in another thread. (I'll repost it if anyone needs me to.)

Old Post Aug 20th, 2008 12:00 AM
Click here to Send Enyalus a Private Message Find more posts by Enyalus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthCuddles

would mace have to seperate himself from the force if so would he be able to use shatterpoint

Old Post Aug 20th, 2008 12:00 AM
Click here to Send DarthCuddles a Private Message Find more posts by DarthCuddles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Icy Ninja
Ninja Sith

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Enyalus
Nihilus takes all three, for reasons I've mentioned in another thread. (I'll repost it if anyone needs me to.)

Please do or show me the thread

Old Post Aug 20th, 2008 12:02 AM
Click here to Send Icy Ninja a Private Message Find more posts by Icy Ninja Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

Originally posted by Icy Ninja
Please do or show me the thread

Aye, aye. I posted this in the Caedus vs. Mace thread:

As for the Nihilus thing...erm, follow my logic here and please correct where you see fit - it's been ages since I've played KOTOR 2 (I did recently reread Unseen, Unheard though.)

So, in order for Vaapad to do anything special...superconducting loop and whatnot, you have to be in the Force at the time, because Vaapad utilizes the Force and the dark side. I'd think that if you disconnected yourself from it, it'd just be an offshoot style of Form VII and nothing very special.

If that's granted, that's very important because Mace would most likely need to disconnect from the Force in order to fight Darth Nihilus. Nihilus can sense ALL force users in the galaxy for one. Not to mention that it's widely acknowledged that Mace's strongest department is not in the Force, it's with the blade. Nihilus would thus either end up feeding/severing/draining him, or Force Crush et cetera him easily.

That being said, the only option Mace would have is to disconnect from the Force and engage him in saber combat. We have no conclusive proof from the game, but Wookeepedia's article said Nihilus was an exceptional duelist (just hardly needed to use it). And if you think about it, nearly every single Jedi/Sith powerful in the Force was also a good duelist, so that makes sense.

Without Vaapad's bonuses, Mace would have an unfamiliar style and a fairly fast and athletic attack sequence....against someone who is also a skilled duelist, and has precog abilities. Would Mace even have his shatterpoint ability if he looped out of the Force?

Anyway, that's my reasoning for thinking Mace would go down against Nihilus. I think the only beings who would be able to beat him are NJO Luke, DE Sidious, AOTC Yoda (possibly), or another wound in the force, such as the Jedi Exile.

What do you think? That's my messed up, backwards reasoning, lol.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2008 12:07 AM
Click here to Send Enyalus a Private Message Find more posts by Enyalus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elite Hunter

How exactly would Nihilus win a saber battle when your not allowed to use offensive force powers? So Mace would not need to disconnect from the force (even if he could) because Nihilus can't drain/sever(as you seem to imply above)him from the force in a strict up saber so no Nihilus doesn't beat Mace in saber combat.

Last edited by Elite Hunter on Aug 20th, 2008 at 01:23 AM

Old Post Aug 20th, 2008 01:18 AM
Click here to Send Elite Hunter a Private Message Find more posts by Elite Hunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why exactly would mace need to "disconnect" himself from the force in a saber duel?(when the actual technique is masking your force sensitivity, not disconnecting yourself at all and when your sensitivity is masked, you are invisible to nihilus and he can't do jack to touch your force sensitivity or break it with his technique ).

Again wookie claiming nihilus being exceptional in saber dueling means absolute jack seeing that there is nothing to substantiate that.

As far as a saber duel goes, mace >>>> nihilus.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2008 01:47 AM
Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

Originally posted by Elite Hunter
How exactly would Nihilus win a saber battle when your not allowed to use offensive force powers? So Mace would not need to disconnect from the force (even if he could) because Nihilus can't drain/sever(as you seem to imply above)him from the force in a strict up saber so no Nihilus doesn't beat Mace in saber combat.

Ah, right. Yeah, you're absolutely right. My oversight. Sorry about that. In that case, yes, I'll agree that Mace beats him in sabers.

Force and All-Out, my opinion still stands.

Last edited by Enyalus on Aug 20th, 2008 at 01:53 AM

Old Post Aug 20th, 2008 01:51 AM
Man of Christ
Apostle and Preacher

if nilihus didnt force sever visas why would he be able to so readily do it to mace?

Acts 4:12
Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

angel

Old Post Aug 20th, 2008 01:56 AM
Click here to Send Man of Christ a Private Message Find more posts by Man of Christ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ah, right. Yeah, you're absolutely right. My oversight. Sorry about that. In that case, yes, I'll agree that Mace beats him in sabers.

Force and All-Out, my opinion still stands.
And just how is he going to shatter a force bond of a powerful user?

It took 3 jedi masters to attempt to merely disable the exiles force sensitivity yet that took so long, what makes you think that nihilus can destroy mace windus force bond, a powerful force user that quickly?

How is nihilus even going to break his connections if he can't sense mace's sensitivity or presence in the force?(Assuming he masked his force sensitivity).

Old Post Aug 20th, 2008 02:58 AM
Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

Nihilus stripped Darth Traya of her power with a wave of his hand - the three Jedi don't even approach him in that regard. Traya herself repeated the feat on those same Jedi as well as a squad of Sith assassins.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2008 04:13 AM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightsnake

While it's worth noting losing the Force doesn't seem to be a massive hindrance later on when the rebuilt Order likely learns to deal with this sort of thing, in the force and all out...Mace's got issues. Fatal ones.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2008 04:15 AM
Click here to Send Lightsnake a Private Message Find more posts by Lightsnake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Advent
Just Leaving

Originally posted by Schwarzenegger
And just how is he going to shatter a force bond of a powerful user?

With a wave of his hand would be the easiest way, as Faunus pointed out.

quote:
It took 3 jedi masters to attempt to merely disable the exiles force sensitivity yet that took so long, what makes you think that nihilus can destroy mace windus force bond, a powerful force user that quickly?

Since when was the technique the Jedi masters "attempted" to use on the Exile the same as Nihilus' devastating dark side ability? If I recall, Traya mentions its uniqueness to Nihilus alone; quit tossing invalid evidence around like it means anything.

quote:
How is nihilus even going to break his connections if he can't sense mace's sensitivity or presence in the force?(Assuming he masked his force sensitivity).

Oh, please. I'll be equally ridiculous: how is Mace even going to hid his Force sensitivity when he knows exactly squat about about Nihilus?

And he's demonstrated vast telekinetic abilities in any case. Which pretty much carry over to a lot of powers (Force choke, push, etc.). I don't see how Mace has done anything that would elevate him to the level of someone like Nihilus.

"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent." - Sagacious Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2008 04:24 AM
Click here to Send Advent a Private Message Find more posts by Advent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm not here to argue but just let me try to elaborate on what i claimed earlier because you got the wrong idea of what i was trying to imply.

I'm not trying to be a smartass or anything but just give me a chance to explain..

Originally posted by Advent

Since when was the technique the Jedi masters "attempted" to use on the Exile the same as Nihilus' devastating dark side ability? If I recall, Traya mentions its uniqueness to Nihilus alone; quit tossing invalid evidence around like it means anything.

I never said it was because i used the word "merely disabled"(meaning disable the exile from using the force), not completely breaking her force connection/bond like nihilus does on others.

You yourself(quite a while ago) told me that those 3 masters only blinded the exile to the force(as nomi blinded ulic's connection) and was not the same technique as nihilus did on his victims.

Oh, please. I'll be equally ridiculous: how is Mace even going to hid his Force sensitivity when he knows exactly squat about about Nihilus?

Just like how you assumed luke is going to do the same thing(in a luke vs nihilus thread a couple of years back) without substantiating on how luke knows nihilus.

I'd like to ask a question, how do you know that nihilus really cut traya's force bond off when she stated(and when you brought it up in a thread i can't find anymore) that all life can't exist without the force and that she still remained alive and still could barely reach out with the force to attempt to grab her saber(it shook when she attempted to).

If her connection was really cut
1) Why isn't she dead
2) If it was a similar techniue to just disable her connection, why could she still reach out with the force to attempt to grab her lightsaber?.

Last edited by BoratBorat on Aug 20th, 2008 at 06:37 AM

Old Post Aug 20th, 2008 06:31 AM
Advent
Just Leaving

I'm not here to argue but just let me try to elaborate on what i claimed earlier because you got the wrong idea of what i was trying to imply.

I'm not trying to be a smartass or anything but just give me a chance to explain..

Sure.

quote:
I never said it was because i used the word "merely disabled"(meaning disable the exile from using the force), not completely breaking her force connection/bond like nihilus does on others.

Why mention it then? It has absolutely no relevance to the discussion at hand.

quote:
You yourself(quite a while ago) told me that those 3 masters only blinded the exile to the force(as nomi blinded ulic's connection) and was not the same technique as nihilus did on his victims.

Err, yes, I did. I don't see what this has to do with anything; this was my entire point. You made it seem like what the masters did meant that it'd be unlikely for Nihilus to do it to Mace. Whether or not that's what you meant is not the case; it's clearly implied.

Not to mention, you didn't offer any valid proof on the matter that Mace could resist the effects for even a second, so. . . what exactly makes you think Nihilus wouldn't tear through his futile defenses?

quote:
Just like how you assumed luke is going to do the same thing(in a luke vs nihilus thread a couple of years back) without substantiating on how luke knows nihilus.

LMAO! "A couple of years back"? Quite frankly, updating my stance doesn't mean anything.

I could point out "a couple of years back" you seemed to possess the intelligence of a mentally retarded rancor, but that doesn't mean anything now, does it? As I said, some age-old stances have changed.

quote:
I'd like to ask a question, how do you know that nihilus really cut traya's force bond off when she stated(and when you brought it up in a thread i can't find anymore) that all life can't exist without the force and that she still remained alive and still could barely reach out with the force to attempt to grab her saber(it shook when she attempted to).

If her connection was really cut
1) Why isn't she dead
2) If it was a similar techniue to just disable her connection, why could she still reach out with the force to attempt to grab her lightsaber?.

WTF? I never said he stripped her of the Force; the event wasn't even so much as referenced.

Although, what I would say is that he tossed her around like a ragdoll. And the fact that she couldn't even muster the strength to get her lightsaber just further proves Nihilus' power if we assume it was a Force push.

Plus, when we've seen Traya instapwn three esteemed Jedi masters, it's impressive that she couldn't withstand this power. And his telekinetic abilities aren't even close to his Force drain in the respect of power.

In any case, what the hell are you talking about? What does this have to do with anything?

"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent." - Sagacious Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn.

Last edited by Advent on Aug 20th, 2008 at 07:13 AM

Old Post Aug 20th, 2008 07:10 AM
Click here to Send Advent a Private Message Find more posts by Advent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Obsidian Fury

It took Darth Traya a raise of her hand to severe all 3 masters from the force.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2008 08:45 AM
Click here to Send Obsidian Fury a Private Message Find more posts by Obsidian Fury Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Advent
Just Leaving

In any case, what the hell are you talking about? What does this have to do with anything?

Ah, and I think it should be mentioned as a possibility that Traya meant "stripped of her power" in the sense of being cast out of the Sith triumvirate anyways. She lost her power as a Dark Lady of the Sith. Unless I'm mistaken and she mentions being severed from the Force, which may be likely as I haven't played KOTOR2 in ages.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2008 09:37 AM
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why mention it then? It has absolutely no relevance to the discussion at hand.
[/B]
Well i tried to use it as an example to substantiate my case but the end result is: i failed hence i will concede.

Err, yes, I did. I don't see what this has to do with anything; this was my entire point. You made it seem like what the masters did meant that it'd be unlikely for Nihilus to do it to Mace. Whether or not that's what you meant is not the case; it's clearly implied.[/B]

Actually i tried implying it this way(not that it matters but i just want you to know what i tried to imply earlier), that because it took 3 masters to temporarily blind the exile's(a slight above average force user ) force connection, its going to be more difficult for nihilus, a single individual to break another high ranking force users force bond.

But anyways i have conceded this point.

Not to mention, you didn't offer any valid proof on the matter that Mace could resist the effects for even a second, so. . . what exactly makes you think Nihilus wouldn't tear through his futile defenses?[/B]
Your right, i didn't and mace does not even have the fallanasi technique anyways but it was dumb of me to assume that he did. My bad.

LMAO! "A couple of years back"? Quite frankly, updating my stance doesn't mean anything. [/B]
I honestly didn't notice because i don't spend much of my time on KMC these days, i barely even bother to argue the same old thing now and i don't browse through every single thread to notice that you changed your stance.

But i sincerely apologise if you didn't like what i had typed out earlier or if you thought that i wanted to step on your toes.

I could point out "a couple of years back" you seemed to possess the intelligence of a mentally retarded rancor, but that doesn't mean anything now, does it? As I said, some age-old stances have changed.
[/B]
lol ok, but yes your right, i was possibly the most idiotic member on these boards at that time but that doesn't matter now.

WTF? I never said he stripped her of the Force; the event wasn't even so much as referenced.[/B]

I just wanted to ask.... but i should have asked faunus, not you as you didn't bring it up but him, sorry again.

Although, what I would say is that he tossed her around like a ragdoll. And the fact that she couldn't even muster the strength to get her lightsaber just further proves Nihilus' power if we assume it was a Force push. [/B]

Ok, that certainly is impressive, but is every top tier force user going to end up being "Ragdolled" by a simple force push(assuming it was really a force push) by this guy?

I mean i have never seen any force user being unable to call out to their lightsaber just because they had been pushed, but then again i believe that its possible she was too physically weak to reach out with the force to pull her saber because of the massive impact that took place when she was brutally pushed into that pillar.

Plus, when we've seen Traya instapwn three esteemed Jedi masters, it's impressive that she couldn't withstand this power. And his telekinetic abilities aren't even close to his Force drain in the respect of power.[/B]
Ok.

Ah, and I think it should be mentioned as a possibility that Traya meant "stripped of her power" in the sense of being cast out of the Sith triumvirate anyways. She lost her power as a Dark Lady of the Sith. Unless I'm mistaken and she mentions being severed from the Force, which may be likely as I haven't played KOTOR2 in ages. [/B]
Well i was going to list that possiblity earlier but i didn't have the time.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2008 12:04 PM
ApolloCloud
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well it does [matter now].

Old Post Aug 20th, 2008 12:06 PM
Click here to Send ApolloCloud a Private Message Find more posts by ApolloCloud Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote