KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Galen Marek vs Count Dooku

Galen Marek vs Count Dooku
Started by: Elite Hunter

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Elite Hunter

Galen Marek vs Count Dooku

Both at their peaks, takes place in the Geonosis Arena

1.Sabers
2.Force only
3.All out

Old Post Aug 29th, 2008 05:27 PM
Click here to Send Elite Hunter a Private Message Find more posts by Elite Hunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

1. Sabers - Dooku, 6/10.
2. Force - Marek, 7/10.
3. All-Out - Marek, 6/10.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2008 09:23 PM
Click here to Send Enyalus a Private Message Find more posts by Enyalus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

I've got no problem with Marek being above the Count in Force-prowess, so I feel comfortable giving it to him. Sabers though, I'd still give it to Dooku 7/10.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2008 07:40 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Agreed.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2008 07:45 PM
Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

its very clear honestly: I just finished the novelization of TFU, and Galen does things with the force that NO ONE ELSE has ever done. He DOES defeat Vader, one on one, vader completly focused on killing him, no handicaps, no prior injuries for vader (well, if you don't count him not having any real arms or legs...) He's up there. (as stupid as it seems that someone we had NEVER heard about before to surpass all the top tier members.) He never fought sidious, but the way he defeated vader with seeming ease at the end, and held the emperor's lightning at bay with his hands, (something not even Yoda was able to continue to to do) suggested he would give sidious a serious run for his money. i would go with :
Force: 9/10 Malek
Sabers 7/10 Malek
All out: 9/10 Malek.
pretty good book actually... they should make a game of it or something...

Old Post Aug 31st, 2008 03:24 AM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Col. Valerian
Republic Navy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by truejedi
pretty good book actually... they should make a game of it or something...

You're joking... Aren't you?

Old Post Aug 31st, 2008 05:00 AM
Click here to Send Col. Valerian a Private Message Find more posts by Col. Valerian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

I'm pretty positive that he was. stick out tongue

Old Post Aug 31st, 2008 05:03 AM
Click here to Send Enyalus a Private Message Find more posts by Enyalus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Col. Valerian
Republic Navy

Yeah, just had to make sure. As for the thread...

I have not read the novel yet, but, if he was able to take Vader down, he should have a pretty good chance against the Count, all-out.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2008 05:15 AM
Click here to Send Col. Valerian a Private Message Find more posts by Col. Valerian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Jesus-tap dancing-Christ... held Palpatine at bay? I'm either gonna love this game or despise it.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2008 05:23 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

He gets hit with it, then grabs the Emperor's hand (or body?) and channels it right back into Palpatine himself.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2008 05:29 AM
truejedi

doesn't he end up losing on purpose to let his friends escape. "abandons defense to direct the energy at the stormtroopers" or something like that? It doesn't say it, but it sounds like they are insinuating he could have taken Sidious if he had wanted to. i agree, absurd.
and yeah,i was joking earlier Valerian.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2008 05:32 AM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

I'm lazy. I didn't read the novel. I looked at the comic. wink But yeah, Vader and some of the stormtroopers regain consciousness and are going to attempt to stop the Alliance members from escaping, so Marek goes Majin Vegeta to buy them more time.

If you got the reference, you need as much help as I do.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2008 05:38 AM
xxxpoppunker182

Originally posted by Enyalus
I'm lazy. I didn't read the novel. I looked at the comic. wink But yeah, Vader and some of the stormtroopers regain consciousness and are going to attempt to stop the Alliance members from escaping, so Marek goes Majin Vegeta to buy them more time.

If you got the reference, you need as much help as I do.

no argument there.

but honestly I hate this story i mean SW is now just getting gay because they wanted to make a fun game. I think they screw up so much stuff and take away from the rebel alliance. not to mention vader.

so i'm really hoping that the live action tv series will end up doing something that screws up TFU story.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2008 06:48 AM
Click here to Send xxxpoppunker182 a Private Message Find more posts by xxxpoppunker182 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

I initially didn't like the idea of Palpatine being behind the idea for gathering the Rebel Alliance together. But if you recall ROTJ, it makes sense.

In ROTJ, he attempts to lure all of the Rebels together - fleet and military - and crush them at once in a trap. So it fits his MO that he would want to gather all of the people who were opposed to his rule together in one place and deal with them in a single stroke, as well.

I simply don't like how powerful Galen apparently is. Especially someone so young.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2008 07:00 AM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's actually a pretty unoriginal tactic for totalitarians/leaders in general. If you know that some of your allies are actually your enemies, give them something to test their loyalty.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2008 07:38 AM
Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Tangible God
Jesus-tap dancing-Christ... held Palpatine at bay? I'm either gonna love this game or despise it.

In a sense. In the novelization, he simply steps between Kota and the Emperor's Force lightning and takes the punishment, makes two steps, and grabs ahold of the Emperor and allows the lightning to electrocute them both.

Essentially, all he does is just act as the distraction, the target. When he becomes one with the Force and causes a WTFpwn-class explosion, Marek is part of the cement and Palpatine is still standing.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2008 02:47 PM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by xxxpoppunker182
I hate this story i mean SW is now just getting gay because they wanted to make a fun game.

NOOOO!!! come back to the darkside! fun games is the reason they made star wars!

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Aug 31st, 2008 03:58 PM
Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

whats truly ridiculous is the way he wades through hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of stormtroopers. We saw in Jedi Twilight that teams of FIVE stormtroopers were sent out to kill jedi. (and succeeded in killing a jedi councile member with those odds) for him to kill hundreds and hundreds and crush's AT-AT's by the dozens, and crash tie fighters... It just borders on the absurd.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2008 06:01 PM
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

borders? more like dives into the abyss....

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Aug 31st, 2008 09:07 PM
Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xxxpoppunker182

Originally posted by truejedi
whats truly ridiculous is the way he wades through hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of stormtroopers. We saw in Jedi Twilight that teams of FIVE stormtroopers were sent out to kill jedi. (and succeeded in killing a jedi councile member with those odds) for him to kill hundreds and hundreds and crush's AT-AT's by the dozens, and crash tie fighters... It just borders on the absurd.

i know.

but what really get sme is that he has been raised by vader, seeing pretty much no one aside from his pilots who keep getting killed and proxy, so he pretty much lives the darkside and during the events of like what 2-3 weeks he comepletly changes and is now a hero? thats just poor writing.

Last edited by xxxpoppunker182 on Aug 31st, 2008 at 09:49 PM

Old Post Aug 31st, 2008 09:46 PM
Click here to Send xxxpoppunker182 a Private Message Find more posts by xxxpoppunker182 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote