KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Luminara and Obi-wan vs. Mace

Luminara and Obi-wan vs. Mace
Started by: Darth_Glentract

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

Luminara and Obi-wan vs. Mace

My first thread in years!

Anyway, so this is all of them at their prime (probably ROTS). No Force only or sabers only, just an all out fight.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2008 11:34 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

Mace will get angry. Very angry.

I highly doubt that he can overcome the Order's two premier Soresu masters. Depending on the setting, he might be able to make use of his presumably superior Force-power, but against Obi-Wan gaining an advantage based on terrain is going to be difficult.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2008 01:44 AM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

If Palpatine could take out 3 established Master Jedi in ROTS and Mace is supposed to be superior to Palpatine in swordsmanship, would it be too farfetched to assume he could take these two? Still I think the team can et some wins.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2008 02:03 AM
Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

Mace isn't as fast Palpatine under his own power, and these two are Soresu masters. Their defense should be all but impenetrable alone, and together they'd be obnoxious as hell.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2008 02:17 AM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Yea 1on1 I think Mace could penetrate their defence after a while(Shatterpoint). But together this might be too much.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2008 02:21 AM
Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Yea 1on1 I think Mace could penetrate their defence after a while(Shatterpoint). But together this might be too much.

Seeing a shatterpoint doesn't mean that he is automatically capable of using it to his advantage. RotS Kenobi was capable of deflecting 23 strikes per second from Grievous.

Kenobi is a beast. Luminara was a high level Jedi master, and I just don't see Mace defeating the team.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2008 02:59 AM
Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

Originally posted by Red Nemesis
Seeing a shatterpoint doesn't mean that he is automatically capable of using it to his advantage. RotS Kenobi was capable of deflecting 23 strikes per second from Grievous.

Tisk tisk. No exaggerations. wink

Obi-Wan handled Grievous' 18 strikes per second, and his Soresu skills were overloaded once Grievous cranked it up to 20 strikes per second. Nothing about 23.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2008 03:35 AM
Click here to Send Enyalus a Private Message Find more posts by Enyalus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

I've got the book right here, and I'm sorry to say you're right. it was 20/sec, not 23. My mistake. It doesn't invalidate my point though. Kenobi is fast.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2008 03:41 AM
Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

And we must admit that was a severely watered down General. Nothing compared to his former Clone Wars self. Don't think Kenobi could handle him.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2008 04:05 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

And we must admit that was a severely watered down General. Nothing compared to his former Clone Wars self. Don't think Kenobi could handle him.
I can't even make sense of this.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2008 04:40 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

And we must admit that was a severely watered down General.

TEH ROTS GRIEVUS WASNT AS GOOD AS TEH COMIX!1

Nothing compared to his former Clone Wars self.

HE AINT AS GOOD AS HE USE TO BE11111111

Don't think Kenobi could handle him.

OBI1 IS <<<<<<<<<<<< THAN CLONE GREIVUS!!!!11111

My translation:

The Clone wars Grievous was vastly superior to the incarnation that we see in Revenge of the Sith, which was injured by Mace Windu during LOE. "I" don't believe that Obi-Wan could take CW Grievous.

(Note: I'm only the messenger. I'm not arguing my own opinions, so don't flame me. Plz.)

Old Post Oct 9th, 2008 04:56 AM
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

lulz wat a moron u r red i cnt beliv ud sai dat

Old Post Oct 9th, 2008 05:06 AM
Click here to Send Enyalus a Private Message Find more posts by Enyalus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

What a t-wat. laughing

Old Post Oct 9th, 2008 10:04 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Master Crimzon
Baby Killer

althugs thsia si blaspahemy, i maust agrii wit enyaluz. grievus is alwyz a Happy Dance Happy Dance love doctor rock

Old Post Oct 9th, 2008 11:52 AM
Click here to Send Master Crimzon a Private Message Find more posts by Master Crimzon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Originally posted by Red Nemesis
TEH ROTS GRIEVUS WASNT AS GOOD AS TEH COMIX!1

HE AINT AS GOOD AS HE USE TO BE11111111

OBI1 IS <<<<<<<<<<<< THAN CLONE GREIVUS!!!!11111

My translation:

The Clone wars Grievous was vastly superior to the incarnation that we see in Revenge of the Sith, which was injured by Mace Windu during LOE. "I" don't believe that Obi-Wan could take CW Grievous.

(Note: I'm only the messenger. I'm not arguing my own opinions, so don't flame me. Plz.)
wink

Old Post Oct 9th, 2008 12:20 PM
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

Originally posted by Master Crimzon
althugs thsia si blaspahemy, i maust agrii wit enyaluz. grievus is alwyz a Happy Dance Happy Dance love doctor rock

Blasphemy? The above is the best and most well founded comment you've made in months.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2008 02:56 PM
Master Crimzon
Baby Killer

Originally posted by Enyalus
Blasphemy? The above is the best and most well founded comment you've made in months.

You mean since I joined the forum? Why, thanks. It only speaks for how deeply incredible my previous comment was.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2008 08:08 PM
Click here to Send Master Crimzon a Private Message Find more posts by Master Crimzon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote