KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Exar Kun vs Darth Maul - only lightsaber and martial arts

Exar Kun vs Darth Maul - only lightsaber and martial arts
Started by: Darth Truculent

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Truculent
Truth is written in Blood

Exar Kun vs Darth Maul - only lightsaber and martial arts

Both use the double blade lightsaber. I'm not sure if Exar Kun is a master of teras kasi martial arts, but Darth Maul is. If these two fought it out with both lightsaber and martial arts who would win? I can't determine the victor because both mastered that type of lightsaber. Opions anyone?

Old Post Nov 30th, 2008 05:47 PM
Click here to Send Darth Truculent a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Truculent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Martial arts ends in Maul making Kun part of the pavement.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2008 06:15 PM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xxxpoppunker182

Re: Exar Kun vs Darth Maul - only lightsaber and martial arts

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Truculent
Both use the double blade lightsaber. I'm not sure if Exar Kun is a master of teras kasi martial arts, but Darth Maul is. If these two fought it out with both lightsaber and martial arts who would win? I can't determine the victor because both mastered that type of lightsaber. Opions anyone?

first why does it mater that both of them mastered the double bladed saber?

second Maul takes this

Old Post Nov 30th, 2008 08:59 PM
Click here to Send xxxpoppunker182 a Private Message Find more posts by xxxpoppunker182 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Re: Re: Exar Kun vs Darth Maul - only lightsaber and martial arts

Originally posted by xxxpoppunker182
first why does it mater that both of them mastered the double bladed saber?

second Maul takes this

the double bladed saber is a deadly weapon if utilized and mastered properlely. pretty much everything maul trained in were exceptionally deadly tools for him to use. his double balded weapon, his juyo and his close combat skills.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2008 12:10 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Lol at "double balded weapon." I wanna give this to Maul in a strictly physical duel between sabers or martial skills. If the Force were involved I'd say the opposite.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2008 12:43 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Lucien A
Lol at "double balded weapon."

lol my minds sumwhere esle

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2008 02:15 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xxxpoppunker182

Re: Re: Re: Exar Kun vs Darth Maul - only lightsaber and martial arts

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
the double bladed saber is a deadly weapon if utilized and mastered properlely.

the exact same thing can be said for a regular lightsaber

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2008 08:51 PM
Click here to Send xxxpoppunker182 a Private Message Find more posts by xxxpoppunker182 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elite Hunter

Sort of off topic but I would like to see someone using two DBLs in combat. Maybe someone doing a fan video just so I can see how it looks and whether he idea is not stupid.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2008 09:07 PM
Click here to Send Elite Hunter a Private Message Find more posts by Elite Hunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by Elite Hunter
Sort of off topic but I would like to see someone using two DBLs in combat. Maybe someone doing a fan video just so I can see how it looks and whether he idea is not stupid.
Well if you wanna hire the guy who did Maul's stunts and give him 10 years of training on steroids. Should look pretty sweeeeet.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2008 09:11 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightsnake

Originally posted by Elite Hunter

That's a very...elaborate form of suicide

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2008 09:22 PM
Click here to Send Lightsnake a Private Message Find more posts by Lightsnake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kotorfan
Fruity Darth

Originally posted by Lucien A
Well if you wanna hire the guy who did Maul's stunts and give him 10 years of training on steroids. Should look pretty sweeeeet.

u talking about Ray Park? he was the one who played Darth Maul in TPM

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2008 11:29 PM
Click here to Send kotorfan a Private Message Find more posts by kotorfan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slay
Skyhighatrist

Haven't been here in ages, just came in to say:

I MADE THIS THREAD IN 2005 NEWBZ!!!

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2008 08:34 PM
Click here to Send Slay a Private Message Find more posts by Slay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beast1234

did exar kun have any knowledge of martial arts

Old Post Dec 7th, 2008 08:43 PM
Click here to Send beast1234 a Private Message Find more posts by beast1234 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ultimate Vader

Re: Re: Re: Re: Exar Kun vs Darth Maul - only lightsaber and martial arts

Originally posted by xxxpoppunker182
the exact same thing can be said for a regular lightsaber

Sorry, but double-bladed is more deadly if you mastered it properly. More strikes per second if you really understand how to move and strike with the weapon. That's why only few people in Star Wars who can mastered it. You really need exceptional and special abilities with lightsaber to learn the double-bladed lightsaber. For example, Maul and Exar Kun.

Maul is a zabrak, and zabrak use double-bladed sword, so no question there why he choose double-bladed lightsaber. Exar Kun, well, he's the one who created the double-bladed lightsaber after all.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2008 03:21 AM
Click here to Send Ultimate Vader a Private Message Find more posts by Ultimate Vader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

quote:
Sorry, but double-bladed is more deadly if you mastered it properly.

I couldn't disagree more. The weapon itself does not matter, the user does. Mace wouldn't have been more deadly if he had a double-blade, nor would Anakin or Yoda. Once a weapon is mastered the focus becomes less on the weapon and more on how it is used.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2008 04:12 AM
Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ultimate Vader

What if Windu use double-bladed lightsaber? He's good at lightsaber, isn't he?

By the way do you feel that now we're always discussing Darth Maul?

Last edited by Ultimate Vader on Dec 8th, 2008 at 04:43 AM

Old Post Dec 8th, 2008 04:40 AM
Click here to Send Ultimate Vader a Private Message Find more posts by Ultimate Vader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Double-Bladed lightsaber is also a serious design flaw. The fact that you can only grip it in the middle means leverage is always against you. Try holding a broom in the very center only and let a grown man wail on the sides of it...

Plus it's not nearly as versatile. You can't do a lot of close up work with a Saberstaff and you're stuck with using only two vectors of attack, the horizontal strikes and the stab. A single lightsaber can mix it up with more twirls, stabs, and horizontal as well as vertical slashes.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2008 06:16 AM
Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xxxpoppunker182

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Exar Kun vs Darth Maul - only lightsaber and martial arts

Originally posted by Ultimate Vader
Sorry, but double-bladed is more deadly if you mastered it properly. More strikes per second if you really understand how to move and strike with the weapon. That's why only few people in Star Wars who can mastered it. You really need exceptional and special abilities with lightsaber to learn the double-bladed lightsaber. For example, Maul and Exar Kun.

Maul is a zabrak, and zabrak use double-bladed sword, so no question there why he choose double-bladed lightsaber. Exar Kun, well, he's the one who created the double-bladed lightsaber after all.

I agree with red nemisis. it comes down to the user of the weapon. And if the user knows powerful force techniques like kriea's or luke's instakill lightsaber combat becomes an after thought.

and yes I feel that maul has been popping up on these forums alot lately.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2008 06:32 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Yeah, ever since the constant reference of his withstanding that Nightsister's lightning, or whatever, he's been showing up all over the place. Like a bloody phantom. A phantom that menaces us. Hang on a tick!

Old Post Dec 8th, 2008 06:40 AM
xxxpoppunker182

hmmmm Darth Maul the Phantom Menace?.......... now where have I herd that before? (shrugs)

Old Post Dec 8th, 2008 07:28 AM