KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Anakin Skywalker vs. Mace Windu

Anakin Skywalker vs. Mace Windu
Started by: Pyron_Knight

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Pyron_Knight
Eater of Worlds

Anakin Skywalker vs. Mace Windu

Probably been done before but what the hell.

1. ROTS Pre-Vader Anakin
2. ROTS Darth Vader

Old Post Apr 13th, 2009 11:56 PM
Click here to Send Pyron_Knight a Private Message Find more posts by Pyron_Knight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

Uhh.... Mace wins all 3?

Old Post Apr 14th, 2009 12:12 AM
Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pyron_Knight
Eater of Worlds

There's two fights and I can see Anakin winning.

Last edited by Pyron_Knight on Apr 14th, 2009 at 12:28 AM

Old Post Apr 14th, 2009 12:20 AM
Click here to Send Pyron_Knight a Private Message Find more posts by Pyron_Knight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

You CAN see Anakin winning how exactly?

Old Post Apr 14th, 2009 12:48 AM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pyron_Knight
Eater of Worlds

Well he's already proven himself a better lightsaber duelist than Dooku by beating the Count in around a minute or less. I would hope we all agree Dooku is in Mace's league.
On top of that, in scenario 1, Vaapad is useless since Anakin is not a dark sider at this point.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2009 01:50 AM
Eminence
Boss

In which case Mace is faster, probably stronger, more skilled, has shatterpoint, and has more applicable Force power.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2009 02:12 AM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Eminence
In which case Mace is faster, probably stronger, more skilled, has shatterpoint, and has more applicable Force power.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2009 02:41 AM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

I can also see Pre-mustafar Vader winning. Mace says Anakin may be the best jedi. However, my argument rests on the fact that Anakin man-handled the Count in ROTS and Dooku has defeated Mace.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2009 04:22 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Anakin out-dueled Dooku only when he tapped in to the Dark Side. In order to summon the strength and skill to do the same to Mace, he would have to use the Dark again, conferring upon Mace a clear and rather decisive advantage, ala Vaapad. Mace wins.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2009 10:28 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Darth Thor is online now!

Anakin also fought Dooku to a stand-off during the clone wars..

also every time Dooku attacked Anakin with the Force in that fight Anakin got right back up and carried on fighting, which shows Mace being better with the Force(supposedly) would also be moot.

and i dnt buy this Mace being more skilled either. Djem So is Lethal in Swordfighting.. Not only does it use defence techniques from Soresu but also Deflects the Opponents Attacks back on him, and Anakin's completely Mastered it.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2009 11:52 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Anakin also fought Dooku to a stand-off during the clone wars..
Anakin ran away.

quote:
also every time Dooku attacked Anakin with the Force in that fight Anakin got right back up and carried on fighting, which shows Mace being better with the Force(supposedly) would also be moot.
Notice how all but one time when Dooku knocked Anakin down, he simply stood there and waited for him to get back up.

PIS doesn't factor into Versus fights.

quote:
and i dnt buy this Mace being more skilled either.
No one cares.

quote:
Djem So is Lethal in Swordfighting..
Vaapad is "the deadliest" of all forms.

quote:
Not only does it use defence techniques from Soresu but also Deflects the Opponents Attacks back on him, and Anakin's completely Mastered it.
Prove he mastered it. Go find me a canon source. Then prove that, like Mace Windu, Anakin had "high-level mastery of multiple forms."

We've been over this three times. You're horribly wrong, give it up.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2009 04:17 PM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

quote:
Originally posted by a failed abortion Faunus
Prove he mastered it.

quote:
RotS Novelization
[T]he boy was a Djem So stylist, and as fine a one as Dooku had ever seen.

This does not, of course, say that Anakin's level of mastery was anywhere near Mace's, just that he'd attained (at least) a high degree of proficiency in his chosen form.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2009 07:32 PM
Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by Red Nemesis
This does not, of course, say that Anakin's level of mastery was anywhere near Mace's, just that he'd attained (at least) a high degree of proficiency in his chosen form.

But the oppisite is also true. I doubt it says anywhere that Mace was more proficent in Vaapad then Anakin was at Djem So.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2009 07:42 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Angel

Lightsaber- Hard to say. I can actually see it going anyway way based on the conditions of the fight. Anyway IMO mace may have an advantage here, especially if anakin goes bersek.

Force- Definitely Mace. Liberty of Ryloth and Shatterpoint says it all

All out- Probably Mace. I see a great fight, but in the end mace takes it

Old Post Apr 14th, 2009 07:45 PM
Click here to Send Darth Angel a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Angel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Pyron_Knight
Well he's already proven himself a better lightsaber duelist than Dooku by beating the Count in around a minute or less. I would hope we all agree Dooku is in Mace's league.
On top of that, in scenario 1, Vaapad is useless since Anakin is not a dark sider at this point.

Anakin beat Dooku, but Mace beat Sidious (both used some technique/rage that gave them an advantage)

Mace's vaapad is useless, but Anakin can't use his rage like he did vs Dooku or else Mace's vaapad would become useFUL

Mace punched through an army of droids with his bare hands and dodged lasers like they were nothing.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2009 07:46 PM
Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

Originally posted by ares834
But the oppisite is also true. I doubt it says anywhere that Mace was more proficent in Vaapad then Anakin was at Djem So.

False. Mace is the only person to have ever mastered his form- he invented it and everyone else that used it fell to the dark side or went insane and fell to the dark side.

Furthermore, form VII requires high level mastery of multiple forms which, even if it means only one other form (which is false but I'm being generous) means that he has quantitatively more mastery of the lightsaber than Anakin.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2009 07:51 PM
Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
Anakin beat Dooku, but Mace beat Sidious (both used some technique/rage that gave them an advantage)

Ignore this, ABC doesn't work.

Mace's vaapad is useless, but Anakin can't use his rage like he did vs Dooku or else Mace's vaapad would become useFUL

False. Mace's vaapad gives him a boost regardless of the enemy he fights. Vaapad will help him, and then help him more if Anakin taps the DS.

Mace punched through an army of droids with his bare hands and dodged lasers like they were nothing.

kewl.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2009 07:53 PM
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ignore this, ABC doesn't work.

And yet the guy that I was quoting was using that (oh Anakin could beat Dooku and Dooku is on par with Mace) so I was just saying that if you were to use ABC Mace still wins.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2009 08:13 PM
Zamp
The Blind Critic

So then ignore that post too.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2009 08:18 PM
ares834

False. Mace is the only person to have ever mastered his form- he invented it and everyone else that used it fell to the dark side or went insane and fell to the dark side.

Furthermore, form VII requires high level mastery of multiple forms which, even if it means only one other form (which is false but I'm being generous) means that he has quantitatively more mastery of the lightsaber than Anakin.

I never said I doubt that Mace is mor proficent with the lightsaber than Anakin, however, Mace may not be as proficent with Vapaad as Anakin is with Djem So. Sure Mace is the only one to master Vapaad, but Anakin clearly managed to master Djem So. No where does it say that Mace's skill with Vapaad surpasses Anakin's skill with Djem So.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2009 08:18 PM