KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Galen Marek vs. Obi-Wan Kenobi (ROTS)

Galen Marek vs. Obi-Wan Kenobi (ROTS)
Started by: Anakin4Ever

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Anakin4Ever
The Best in the Order

Galen Marek vs. Obi-Wan Kenobi (ROTS)

The powerhouse of the Force vs. the master of the classical style. Who would win?

Conditions:
1.) Saber
2.) Force
3.) All Out

I'm not sure who'd win this battle, but I know it would be a tough one. On one hand, Obi-Wan is an experienced tactician and bested many opponents with his Soresu style. He is also well versed in the Force, so he does stand a chance.

On the other hand...it's Galen Marek. He is extremely powerful in the Force, with powers like Force Lightning and Repulse on his side. He has an aggressive Sith Shien and Juyo, plus his own knowledge of Obi-Wan's Soresu.

Who do you guys think will win?

Old Post Dec 25th, 2009 03:32 PM
Click here to Send Anakin4Ever a Private Message Find more posts by Anakin4Ever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

Galen Marek would easily crush Obi Wan.

I can only see Obi Wan winning a strict saber contest, but all-out he stands no chance.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2009 03:47 PM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Anakin4Ever
The Best in the Order

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
Galen Marek would easily crush Obi Wan.

I can only see Obi Wan winning a strict saber contest, but all-out he stands no chance.

I don't know about easliy, but his Juyo would generate too much kinetic energy for Obi-Wan's style, and his lightning would overpower Obi-Wan's lightsaber.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2009 03:55 PM
Click here to Send Anakin4Ever a Private Message Find more posts by Anakin4Ever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Samurai100

Definetly Galen

Old Post Dec 25th, 2009 05:17 PM
Click here to Send Samurai100 a Private Message Find more posts by Samurai100 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

Originally posted by Anakin4Ever
I don't know about easliy, but his Juyo would generate too much kinetic energy for Obi-Wan's style, and his lightning would overpower Obi-Wan's lightsaber.
You're making it sound easy for Galen though. You are basically saying he does not even need to ignite his saber to win. All he needs is lightning and Obi Wan is finished.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2009 06:04 PM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Anakin4Ever
The Best in the Order

Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
You're making it sound easy for Galen though. You are basically saying he does not even need to ignite his saber to win. All he needs is lightning and Obi Wan is finished.

Well, I didn't mean for it to sound that way. All I'm saying is that Galen's lighting is stronger than most lightsabers can handle. Obi-Wan could dodge it, though.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2009 06:44 PM
mattatom
UNSC's finest.

Originally posted by Anakin4Ever
Well, I didn't mean for it to sound that way. All I'm saying is that Galen's lighting is stronger than most lightsabers can handle. Obi-Wan could dodge it, though.
You know this, how?

Might as well call him "Matt Atom Bomb"
Like his name suggests, he's quite atomic
And this fool - he likes DC Comics
Two energy swords make up his symbol
And trust me, dawg, this homie's nimble

Old Post Dec 25th, 2009 07:53 PM
Click here to Send mattatom a Private Message Find more posts by mattatom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Col. Valerian
Republic Navy

All-out, Starkiller defeats Kenobi.

Sabers, I'm not sure, but probably Kenobi.

Force... Do I even have to say it?

Old Post Dec 25th, 2009 09:19 PM
Click here to Send Col. Valerian a Private Message Find more posts by Col. Valerian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

galen uses a reverse handed grip. factually, any strike made with a reverse grip would have substantially less power in it then a strike made with a traditional grip. theres a reason why the large majority of sword styles use traditional grips instead of reversed.

if obi-wan can defend against the djem/so of anakin who is one of the hardest hitters of his time and has a robotic arm and if obiwan can defed against greivous who is compeltely robotic and can crush steel then obi-wan can defend against galens strikes.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2009 09:44 PM
Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cherrypieluva50
General Kota

technically speaking, lightsaber blades have no mass, so it doesnt really matter HOW hard you swing with it...but still

Old Post Dec 25th, 2009 09:46 PM
Click here to Send cherrypieluva50 a Private Message Find more posts by cherrypieluva50 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jinsoku Takai
CIT Network Technician

Originally posted by cherrypieluva50
technically speaking, lightsaber blades have no mass, so it doesnt really matter HOW hard you swing with it...but still

WRONG!!! Check your facts. Merry Christmas!!!

Old Post Dec 25th, 2009 10:13 PM
Click here to Send Jinsoku Takai a Private Message Find more posts by Jinsoku Takai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by cherrypieluva50
It does matter if the muscles behind the saber's swing generate enough kinetic energy to send the defender to their knees. Galen just doesn't have the physical strength and weight--akin to Grievous or Anakin--for Obi-Wan to be overwhelmed. And as Marvel said, a reverse grip lessens the maximum force output. Kenobi may take a while against Marek's youth and stamina, but I certainly see him defeating Galen in sabers.

In the Force though, Kenobi's boned.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2009 10:13 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

^agreed. Sabers alone Obi-wan is real hard to beat. Better than Galen. He gets overwhelmed by Galen's Force powers though.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2009 10:37 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

Galen does not have a single victory over another with a lightsaber. Every fight he won ended with an overwhelming force attack. Since there is no evidence that Marek is capable of winning a fight without the force, so Kenobi wins the saber battle.

With the force, I can't seen any scenario where kenobi lives, since he was overwhelmed repeatedly by Dooku when attacked through the force.

In an all out, i see a fight similar to most of the fights where Marek won. He can't win in sabers, so he uses constant force attacks during the combat until one gets through and kills kenobi.

Certainly a decent fight though.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2009 11:41 PM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jinsoku Takai
CIT Network Technician

Originally posted by truejedi
Galen does not have a single victory over another with a lightsaber. Every fight he won ended with an overwhelming force attack. Since there is no evidence that Marek is capable of winning a fight without the force, so Kenobi wins the saber battle.

With the force, I can't seen any scenario where kenobi lives, since he was overwhelmed repeatedly by Dooku when attacked through the force.

In an all out, i see a fight similar to most of the fights where Marek won. He can't win in sabers, so he uses constant force attacks during the combat until one gets through and kills kenobi.

Certainly a decent fight though.

Seems like a well thought outcome.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2009 12:21 AM
Click here to Send Jinsoku Takai a Private Message Find more posts by Jinsoku Takai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

f=ma

m=0
a=irrelevant
0*x=0
QED

But wait... we have proof that the amount of force applied to the hilt changes the interaction between the blades. There are differing levels of recoil (or whatever you want to call it) depending on the amount of effort put into the swing. I like to think of the blade as a lever (2nd class maybe?) that simply transmits the force applied to the hilt.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2009 12:05 AM
Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

Originally posted by Red Nemesis
f=ma

m=0
a=irrelevant
0*x=0
QED

But wait... we have proof that the amount of force applied to the hilt changes the interaction between the blades. There are differing levels of recoil (or whatever you want to call it) depending on the amount of effort put into the swing. I like to think of the blade as a lever (2nd class maybe?) that simply transmits the force applied to the hilt.

yes, we have discussed this. However, there is no way that a weightless blade can be spun around in the manner than anakin does in the Geonosis arena while waiting for the droids to open fire after Windu turned down the offer from Dooku.

Therefore, they must have a weight compensator.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2009 12:27 AM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

I seem to remember (from the murky depths of memory) that when a saber is activated there is some pushback against the hilt- a recoil of sorts. (Almost as though the concentrated beam acts as a massively amplified flashlight (which, according to the book The Science of Star Wars (I do remember the name of that one, at least) would act as a propulsion system if aimed out of the back of the Millennium (sp?) Falcon (given an infinite (or near-infinite?) period of acceleration)).) Would that provide the semblance of mass necessary to perform that maneuver? The issue would be with apparent weight rather than with mass, would it not?

Old Post Dec 28th, 2009 12:48 AM
Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

but it would be only at the point of the blade, and still not aid in a transfer of force. I could see that.

The way ANH Luke reacts when he turns on the saber in Ben's hut would support the theory of a compensator. It was almost like it was out of control in his hand for a moment.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2009 01:17 AM
mattatom
UNSC's finest.

Originally posted by truejedi
but it would be only at the point of the blade, and still not aid in a transfer of force. I could see that.

The way ANH Luke reacts when he turns on the saber in Ben's hut would support the theory of a compensator. It was almost like it was out of control in his hand for a moment.
That or he was just shocked...

Might as well call him "Matt Atom Bomb"
Like his name suggests, he's quite atomic
And this fool - he likes DC Comics
Two energy swords make up his symbol
And trust me, dawg, this homie's nimble

Old Post Dec 28th, 2009 01:27 AM
Click here to Send mattatom a Private Message Find more posts by mattatom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote