KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » NJO Luke vs RoT Bane

NJO Luke vs RoT Bane
Started by: Darth Truculent

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Truculent
Truth is written in Blood

NJO Luke vs RoT Bane

Force
Lightaber
All Out

Who wins?

War Doctor

Old Post Mar 31st, 2010 07:12 PM
Click here to Send Darth Truculent a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Truculent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shoes

Is this Bane with orbalisks?

Old Post Mar 31st, 2010 07:18 PM
Click here to Send Shoes a Private Message Find more posts by Shoes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

Either way, Luke wins all three.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2010 08:29 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shoes

Bane with orbalisk armor isn't so easy to slice in half.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2010 09:16 PM
Click here to Send Shoes a Private Message Find more posts by Shoes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

I like Bane here. He won't be wtfpwning Luke with his Force offensives, but has Luke done anything noteworthy with a blade yet? Lomi Plo? That was just about overcoming the invisibility trick. And Thul was just a Force challenge, as I remember.

4/10 for bane

Old Post Mar 31st, 2010 09:26 PM
Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

whether is it easy or hard NJO Luke takes all three

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Mar 31st, 2010 09:26 PM
Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

You realize 4/10 for bane actually means 6/10 for luke, Red?

I will take Luke. His WTF pawning of all the slayers and the head Yuzzhon Vong guy convinces me he could take Bane. Electric Judgement to the orbalisks==Death for Bane.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2010 09:59 PM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

quote: (post)
Originally posted by truejedi
You realize 4/10 for bane actually means 6/10 for luke, Red?

I will take Luke. His WTF pawning of all the slayers and the head Yuzzhon Vong guy convinces me he could take Bane. Electric Judgement to the orbalisks==Death for Bane.

Yes. That was intentional.

It protex me from crazies ranting about Luke, and gives me the option of "reconsidering my position") (to more heavily favor bane) after presenting my "argument."

Old Post Mar 31st, 2010 10:11 PM
Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

Originally posted by Red Nemesis
I like Bane here. He won't be wtfpwning Luke with his Force offensives, but has Luke done anything noteworthy with a blade yet? Lomi Plo? That was just about overcoming the invisibility trick. And Thul was just a Force challenge, as I remember.

4/10 for bane

He's gone toe-to-toe with Sidious at his peak. He's also fought through hundreds, if not thousands, of Yuuzhan Vong and then wtfpwned the best of the best Yuuzhan Vong warriors. There's plenty other stuff too, like his duels with Lumiya. Have you read much EU?

Old Post Apr 1st, 2010 05:10 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

His fight with Caedus solidifies him as one of, if not the best swordsman out there. I wouldn't be surprised if he just stabbed Bane in the face, then hit him with EJ.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2010 05:33 AM
Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by KingD19
His fight with Caedus solidifies him as one of, if not the best swordsman out there. I wouldn't be surprised if he just stabbed Bane in the face, then hit him with EJ.
His fight with Caedus takes place like a decade after the NJO series, so...

Old Post Apr 1st, 2010 06:46 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
His fight with Caedus takes place like a decade after the NJO series, so...

yes
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
He's gone toe-to-toe with Sidious at his peak. He's also fought through hundreds, if not thousands, of Yuuzhan Vong and then wtfpwned the best of the best Yuuzhan Vong warriors. There's plenty other stuff too, like his duels with Lumiya. Have you read much EU?

is any one of those warriors worth anything? If not, then we can't really say that killing a lot of them at once is going to be particularly helpful against bane.

Lumiya's appearances that I know about are all after NJO and all not-very-impressive.

I forgot about DE Sidious, mostly because it is eclipsed in my mind by the Caedus plotline. You're still going to have to explain how it translates into a surefire victory against Bane.

And yes. Yes I have. It is not usually a good policy to attack people based on their knowledge of EU instead of their interpretation of it. Please try not to be a jerk in the future.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2010 04:10 PM
truejedi

Originally posted by Red Nemesis
yes

is any one of those warriors worth anything? If not, then we can't really say that killing a lot of them at once is going to be particularly helpful against bane.

1 slayer did fight Kyp Durron to a standstill.

DE Sidious, however, gives Luke an opponent, the ilk of which Bane has never faced.

Yes, Bane has orbalisks, but he can still be stabbed in the head. Lastly, you haven't addressed Electric Judgement yet. Bane has a weakness to force-lightning apparently.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2010 06:02 PM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shoes

Orbalisks do. Bane on the other hand, can simply absorb it.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2010 06:30 PM
ares834

Not Emerald Lightning...

Luke wins easily in all three.
I mean he beat a reborn Sidious in his prime in a lightsaber duel. Luke smashes his saber in Bane's face.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2010 06:52 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

I will respond shortly, and I will be indiscriminate in my slaughter.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2010 08:49 PM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Gideon
I will respond shortly, and I will be indiscriminate in my slaughter.

Oh HEEEEEEERE we go. Why do I feel the words "battle meld" and "luke sucks" are going to dominate Gideon's post?

Old Post Apr 1st, 2010 08:50 PM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Glentract
He's gone toe-to-toe with Sidious at his peak.

I'll address this towards the end.

quote:
Glentract
He's also fought through hundreds, if not thousands, of Yuuzhan Vong and then wtfpwned the best of the best Yuuzhan Vong warriors.

Just for DS, Luke was using a battle meld and he sucks [?].

To clarify, the Essential Guide to the Force makes it clear that Luke was the beneficiary of a Jedi battle meld with Jaina and Jacen during his assault on Shimrra's citadel.

For the record, though, it ended when one of them left it; when Jaina engaged in her pursuit of Onimi and when Jacen was knocked unconscious by Shimrra.

DS doesn't like this, but no one cares. The fact is that Luke cannot be factually said to have invaded the citadel under his own power and he did not rely on his skills alone.

quote:
Glentract
There's plenty other stuff too, like his duels with Lumiya. Have you read much EU?

He's dueled Lumiya a total of four times, I think. Twice shortly after the Battle of Endor and twice during Legacy of the Force. In either case, it's not very reliable. Not to mention that Skywalker wasn't all that impressive during either fight.

On the other hand...

quote:
Nemesis
I forgot about DE Sidious, mostly because it is eclipsed in my mind by the Caedus plotline. You're still going to have to explain how it translates into a surefire victory against Bane.

It is inarguable (yes, inarguable) that Palpatine is a far more dangerous opponent than Bane in any arena short of arm wrestling. He's smarter, more powerful, and more learned in the ways of the Force. Skywalker manhandled him in a lightsaber duel on board the Eclipse.

On the other hand, there is no evidence that suggests that Palpatine maintained his otherwise antiquated lightsaber skills between Revenge of the Sith and Dark Empire.

On the other, other hand, Palpatine apparently still saw use for a lightsaber and kept it on his person well into the original trilogy (the Force Unleashed). So perhaps he did keep up his lightsaber practice.

In any case, beating Palpatine is more impressive than anything Bane has ever or could possibly ever do.

quote:
truejedi
Lastly, you haven't addressed Electric Judgement yet. Bane has a weakness to force-lightning apparently.

Bingo.

If Bane has the orbalisks, it might not do any good; Luke has the capacity to destroy them and put Bane into a coma.

Really, what it comes down to is a consistent showing of NJO-era Luke's feats. His highest showings (beating Palpatine, etc.) eclipse Bane's showings but, to my knowledge, are far less consistent.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2010 09:09 PM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
DS doesn't like this, but no one cares. The fact is that Luke cannot be factually said to have invaded the citadel under his own power and he did not rely on his skills alone.

I don't not like this, I'm just amused when you bring it up. Not in a negative way, you're genuinely funny when you bring up Luke's feats.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2010 09:11 PM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

quote:
Gideon
It is inarguable (yes, inarguable) that Palpatine is a far more dangerous opponent than Bane in any arena short of arm wrestling. He's smarter, more powerful, and more learned in the ways of the Force. Skywalker manhandled him in a lightsaber duel on board the Eclipse.
I was under the impression that Leia's [battle meditation?] had a hand in this.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2010 10:19 PM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote